https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Senior
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Senior  (Read 7258 times)

fuertes

Re: Senior
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2008, 02:34:02 PM »

If chris is going to have a bit of a strop when he's taken off then he should make sure he's at least had a blinder or scored a goal,

colin's goal ratio gives him a right to be on the pitch 90 minutes every game,

think the competition is more with dale than col.

Agreed. I think all the forwards are doing well this season, so Chris should cut out this stroppy nonsense. If he was banging in the goals whilst Dale was having a stinker I'd understand, but he just needs to prove to the manager he deserves to stay on in his next game rather than get wound-up.

Reading Robin

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2008, 03:46:34 PM »

Not been to the last couple of games to see his reaction myself, but generally I have no problem with him showing his disappointment at coming off.  Provided its not to the extent of throwing his shirt down and storming down the tunnel i think it's quite healthy.

It doesn't necessarily mean he disagrees with the decision (though he will and should believe he is going to score) it can also be disappointment with his performance.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 06:42:37 PM »

Also, have i missed something but  does he ever acknowledge the fans like most of the other players do when coming off

Would be nice see

In the last three games he has been substituted he has not acknowledge the crowd
@AltyDaz

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 08:13:49 PM »

Better tahn Peter Thomason and Justin Bowler though.

Off before you could blink, or rather happy to be on the bench. Well, not entirley happy obviously, they'd rather have been sat in the stand but you know what I mean.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2008, 12:13:18 AM »

colin's goal ratio gives him a right to be on the pitch 90 minutes every gam

Sorry I know I'm being somewhat mischievous but if this was a selection criterion we'd still have Jack Swindells in the team

Jacko

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 02:09:00 AM »

come on ATS you must be havin a giggle ;D none of our strikers have ever performed to anywhere near cols level of finishing in this or certainly in many recent seasons!

love ya to bits but lets have a cuddle and admit that its the 20th century;) 8) you just have to keep your best players on the pitch if you can mate, example woking away first game :-*
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 02:14:52 AM by Jacko »

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2008, 08:46:51 AM »

We have this same argument every season. The idiots claiming that Colin should be dropped  ::) He is by far and away the best striker we've got and it's ridiculous to even think about dropping him. No other player in the current squad comes close to his class and ability to score goals out of nothing. When other players start performing/scoring goals on as regular basis as Colin then fair enough, but until then, this whole 'lets drop Colin' argument is a complete non-starter.

bighairedmike

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2008, 12:04:26 PM »

We have this same argument every season. The idiots claiming that Colin should be dropped  ::) He is by far and away the best striker we've got and it's ridiculous to even think about dropping him. No other player in the current squad comes close to his class and ability to score goals out of nothing. When other players start performing/scoring goals on as regular basis as Colin then fair enough, but until then, this whole 'lets drop Colin' argument is a complete non-starter.

So everyone that disagrees with you is an idiot? Well worked out, that one.

Nobody is undroppable and even resting him for a game or two might be a good thing.

Remember last season when we got Cahill on loan and Colin was dropped... What happened when he came back after that? He went on an amazing goal scoring run. During that time people complained about it. I remember what the duke said when colin came back and scored the 2 goals against york. "Thats a colin with a point to prove, and i'd rather have that than the half arsed colin we had before."

Do you not think the same could happen again?

Jacobs

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2008, 12:07:54 PM »

I dont agree with you phil on this at all - its a boring arguement

The old " He doesnt run enough - he never chases stuff down - he looks uninterested today"

But he scores goals more consistently than anyone at alty in the last 15 years -

Jacko

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2008, 12:12:44 PM »

I dont ever think ive seen a half arsed colin if im honest, he may not be able to get about the pitch as much as others eg senior but thats not his forte,

he is a lethal finisher so GH would rather him be in the box each time, anyway theres no chance of dropping col the way the teams gelled around him

Jenga

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2008, 12:15:18 PM »

Never heard anything so ridiculous in all my life. Because Col HAS been our best player he SHOULD play EVERY game.

It is current form that counts not passed form.

I agree with ATS on this one.

HOWEVER, I would still pick Col in the team first as he is still playing well and deserves to be in the team on his current form and he merits first team football.

In all honesty this arguement about who starts up front is great dont you think, we have not had the chance of this discusion for years.

Nice to have options.

I dont think the team is gelling around Colin either. The are gelling around each other.

And

I have no problems with a player looking pissed off when subsituted, I would rather have players wanting to play rather than happy not to play.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 12:16:56 PM by Jenga »

bighairedmike

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2008, 12:19:59 PM »

I dont think this is about who starts. I would always start colin. Its the fact that Senior was subbed when he was our most dangerous threat. I dont think that col should be immune to being subbed just because there is a chance he may pull something out of the bag. Isn't tha5t the case for all players?

Jacko

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2008, 12:32:03 PM »

it is slightly obvios in my opinion that like it or not that GH keeps Colin on the pitch at least untill we have a good lead, there's a reason for that goals dont lie

Jenga

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2008, 12:49:38 PM »

it is slightly obvios in my opinion that like it or not that GH keeps Colin on the pitch at least untill we have a good lead, there's a reason for that goals dont lie

So glad your not in football management, so he is playing really badly and tired and cant run after 60 minutes ( for example) but you will keep him on until we are 3-0 up?

But I do believe he should be on the team sheet at the moment, I just think your taking it a little too far with him being immune to being dropped, rested or substituted.

I would hate to kiss you, think your tongue my be brown  :o

Lew Needham

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2008, 12:50:21 PM »

I'm sorry but unless Col is absolutely knackered me personal view is he has to stay on.

People were saying on sat "Why is Senior coming off? Cols not done much for last 10 mins" When moments earlier he threaded one of the best through balls i've seen in ages through to Senior, where the keeper just beat Chris to it.

Col often comes towards our midfleild to the pick the ball up and has the class to often switch the ball to the wing.

Basically what i'm trying to say he is a really intelligent footballer who is our inspiration when attacking. Without him like against Luton we are one dimensional.

I say Col has to play full 90 if fit.

However, I'm happy as long as any THREE of Senior, Little, Johnson or Elam or on the pitch at anyone time. Beats previous seasons of often having one attacking player on the pitch.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Senior