Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Senior  (Read 7262 times)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
Senior
« on: November 22, 2008, 11:50:11 PM »

Is Chris ever going to be allowed to play 90 min's what has G.H got against him only ever seems to get 60 min's he looked pissed of when he was taken off today i thought little played badly again and he should have been the one to go off all little seams to do is moan about every one he dosn't seem to want to get stuck in and win any challenges

andrewflynn

Re: Senior
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 10:32:32 AM »

I agree with the Little part, but I wouldn't want the ball to go to anyones feet accept his in the box.

markecky

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 11:22:20 AM »

Personally I am a bit bored of Seniors tantrums after coming off....

jimbo

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 12:18:55 PM »

littles got clever passes that got senior and dale good chances without that class were 1 dimentional.MUST PLAY

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 12:54:16 PM »

Personally I am a bit bored of Seniors tantrums after coming off....

I think it is a good thing that Chris is pissed off when he's dragged off. Would you rather have someone who's happy to be subbed or someone who wants to play every minute of every game and shows some reaction when he's withdrawn.

markecky

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 01:07:19 PM »

I'd rather have someone who is glad to have started and understands the squad system to be honest.

I understand what you are saying though

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 02:35:31 PM »

Some interesting comments here. The NLP has Little as MoM, and he is included in the team of the day with 9/10. Is this the usual NLP random reporting or is there some substance?

As for Senior, I see him as a 60 minute high energy player, lots of running.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 03:49:31 PM »

My worry, is that obviously Chris Senior is a big (or should l say little) favourate with the fans
& that he may get that p***ed off that he will want to leave us which would be a real downer.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 03:52:45 PM »

I honestly think that he poses the greatest threat to opposing defences that we have

Many if not most central defenders in our League are big six foot plus guys and the pace and mobility Chris has is very difficult for them to deal with

Jacobs

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 07:26:24 AM »

I am with Ecky on this one - I love Chris Senior and he is a massive asset - I am bored with his little tantrums - You could not have took Little or Johnson on Saturday the way they were playing - someone suggested taking Lawton off and Playing with 4 Up front - ridiculous!!!!!!

Jenga

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2008, 08:47:29 AM »

What amazes me is the substitutions up front.

When Chris was taken off he was causing the most danger at that time. I felt Dale should have come off.

When Dale came off he was causing the most danger at that time.

Did GH get it right or was there a lack of thought of the current state of play.

Either way we WON so who cares hehehe.

I do feel for Chris though but with the way we are now playing and the results we are getting whatever is being done is working.

If your reading this Chris try not to worry about it, you are playing very well and are part of a forward line that is causing problems, keep it up and keep working for the team your doing a great job and I can tell you we all appreciate it.

BENNY20TENNIS

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2008, 09:35:51 AM »

I do feel a bit sorry for Senior as it is always usually him that gives way

No problem with him being annoyed at being taken off but everyone wants to play and that is football

There never seems to be any pat on the back or thanks from the management team when he comes off however

Also, have i missed something but  does he ever acknowledge the fans like most of the other players do when coming off

Would be nice to see

A strange one

I thought he would leave before the start of this season

maybe he would if he had got a reasonable offer

maybe he'll go in january

bighairedmike

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2008, 10:50:39 AM »

What amazes me is the substitutions up front.

When Chris was taken off he was causing the most danger at that time. I felt Dale should have come off.

When Dale came off he was causing the most danger at that time.

Did GH get it right or was there a lack of thought of the current state of play.

Either way we WON so who cares hehehe.

I do feel for Chris though but with the way we are now playing and the results we are getting whatever is being done is working.

If your reading this Chris try not to worry about it, you are playing very well and are part of a forward line that is causing problems, keep it up and keep working for the team your doing a great job and I can tell you we all appreciate it.

I think that this is pretty much right (although i dont agree dale should have come off  ;D.) It is just the timing of substitutions that have confused some people. I think that if senior hadn't been playing well/being a threat then there would be no complaints from the fans about him coming off.  The fact that the substitutions have come when he was being a constant thorn in the defences side seems to be the thing that a) annoys supporters and b) annoys Chris.

brian1925

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2008, 11:16:31 AM »

Tend to agree with both jenga and fez on this one. I can understand Lee replacing Chris as it's a case of like for like, but this habit of withdrawing players when they are beginning to look threatening is a little bewildering. The substitution of Chris against Luton was certainly an error and was one of the factors that cost us the game. To be fair to GH however, although Dale looked absolutely knackered after an hour against Cambridge, he still continued to pose a massive threat to their defence in the latter stages of the game. Perhaps the boss has got it right after all!

Jacko

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2008, 02:30:57 PM »

If chris is going to have a bit of a strop when he's taken off then he should make sure he's at least had a blinder or scored a goal,

colin's goal ratio gives him a right to be on the pitch 90 minutes every game,

think the competition is more with dale than col.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Senior