Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AFC Wimbledon - Penalty reduced from 18pts to 3 pts...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: AFC Wimbledon - Penalty reduced from 18pts to 3 pts...  (Read 18819 times)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: AFC Wimbledon - Penalty reduced from 18pts to 3 pts...
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2007, 01:13:15 PM »

Its simple - reduce our penalty from 18 to 3 points (we'll take them this season - like Scarbro got their -10 this season), and we're in the playoff places...It's only fair

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but we'd still only be 7th because of our goal difference  :-\

I'd take it though  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2007, 02:57:34 PM »

Has anyone got John Moules e-mail address? I'd love to ask him about this one.

john@footballconference.co.uk
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

WotaWally

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2007, 04:42:42 PM »

As WotaWally says, AFC Wimbledon have far more media clout than us.  Imagine if FCUM had been pulled up over the same offence!!  That's the reason for the double standards if you ask me. 

Same for Accrington, all the misty eyed sentimentality (cue grainy old pictures of Peel Park and that milk advert) will probably come into play...

Maybe we just didnt push hard enough to defend ourselves?

Don't forget that you went through this first. You had nobody to base your campaign on. We learnt from what you did, both supporters and club officials, and that was a big help in organising our campaign. Sad for you, but true.
Also we had Jim Sturman QC (He has acted for Chelsea Football Club, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club,and numerous Premiership players) working for us because he knows our chairman. I believe they were in contact with your chairman, which would also have been a help for us.
If, God forbid, if the FA don't now clarify their rules and pull this one on another club - the FA will probably land up apologising and offering the accused club automatic promotion. Thinking about it, the next club could well be Accrington  >:(

teasybeaver

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2007, 09:53:40 AM »

In all honesty Accrington were in a better position than most to avoid this sort of situation after last years experience. I would like to think that the FA may reflect on this and punish them accordingly. Its harsh but they have little case, AFC Wimbledon had a better case.

Besides I imagine that the Stanley legal team is made of 1 duty solicitor type (possibly even Arnie) who has only ever dealt with interbreading cases and cousins divorcing so in that respect they haven't got a leg to stand on!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2007, 10:11:06 AM »

Accrington will get away with it ... and so will West Ham.
The precedent has now been set - the system is bent but we've just got to live with it and move on unfortunately.

The best response we could give is to stay up again this year when more than a few clubs would be glad to see the back of us.

Well b*****ks to them all - we're part-time and proud of it, we're in the black and we're here on merit so they'll have to lump it!  >:(
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2007, 09:47:52 AM »

It seems, and quite rightly in my view that the sympathy for Mr Evans and Boston Utd is becoming quite sparse.

You do have to feel for the real fans though, those whose footballing enjoyment and future is jeopardised by people with personal agendas and by events over which they have had no control.

louise1925

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2007, 09:18:13 PM »

Thanks Jimmy for Mr. Moules's e-mail address. His response, as many probably predicted, was to blame the FA for the contradictory decisions and to offer me their mail address, as he appears to be as much in the dark as anybody else re the AFC Wimbledon decision. At least he was good enough to get back to me. Does anybody know if Altrincham FC intend to contact the FA themselves to ask about lost points and money?

bighairedmike

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2007, 10:02:30 PM »

The Lancashire club could be docked seven points, handing the third-bottom Pilgrims a potential lifeline.

"Everyone in the Football League knows what should happen and that is a point deduction," declared Evans.

Bury and non-league AFC Wimbledon have been thrown out of the FA Cup and docked points respectively this season.

However, Wimbledon have this week seen their 18-point deduction reduced to just three by the FA. Accrington's fate will be decided by a Football League panel.

surely everyone in the football league (and non league too) should know that rent should be payed

Altysmiffy

« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2007, 10:54:59 PM »

I can just imagine the shout at Boston: "Rent, boys!"

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
AFC Wimbledon - Moules
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2007, 01:13:32 PM »

Peake me if you so wish, but credit to Mr Moules for at least replying to Louise. I never thought he would.

I suppose JM was only 'applying' the rules last year which the club had inadvertently broke due to the failure of another club. We also know he was under pressure to apply the rules or others may have resorted to legal action.............effectively risking messing up the whole structure of Conf / Conf N / Conf S for the next season.

The real culprits in all this now seem to be the FA, who are consistently inconsistent, run football like some sort of secret society and never have to explain there actions to anybody !
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2007, 01:23:24 PM »

There were a lot of hidden agenda about last year which you are taking no account of.
There is no earthly why this solution for Wimbledon could not have been adopted last year for us.
... apart from the cowardice of Moules et al in the face of several of the propagators of these hidden agendas.

By the way at least one (if not more) of these agenda-mongers will no longer be in the CN next year!

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2007, 03:08:52 PM »

I agree with Mick, to my mind Moules' hands were tied by the circumstances he found himself in.

The Conference rules allowed no consideration of mitigating circumstances and we are all well aware of the threatened legal action from certain quarters. There was really little else the Conference could do.

The FA could have made the correct decision, however they bottled it.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

louise1925

« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2007, 01:18:20 PM »

Agree with you Jimmy. This is basically what Mr. Moules has implied in his e-mail to me. Is there any point anyone contacting the FA to complain about the unfairness of it all as it does leave a rather bad taste in the throat?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 AFC Wimbledon - Penalty reduced from 18pts to 3 pts...