PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CSC Stockport out
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: CSC Stockport out  (Read 8594 times)

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
CSC Stockport out
« on: November 28, 2022, 03:11:51 PM »

Stockport have resigned from the CSC. We're through, lets get it won.
It's all my fault.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: CSC Stockport out
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 03:26:29 PM »

🎶 And now you're gonna believe us... We're gonna win the cup! 🎶
🏆 🥇

😂😂
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 03:31:27 PM »

🎶 And now you're gonna believe us... We're gonna win the cup! 🎶
🏆 🥇

😂😂

PS. Going on recent performances, we'll probably need Nantwich to resign too! 😂😂
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 03:50:35 PM »

I can only imagine playing a full time Alty team had them quaking in their boots

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 04:31:02 PM »

Never thought of that! 😉

cheshire cat

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2022, 05:02:47 PM »

According to their forum they wanted to switch it to our ground but we weren't up for it. No idea if it's true.

On another note they've just got permission for a fanzone.

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2022, 05:23:43 PM »

Take the bye and all that but frankly very tinpot behaviour by our near neighbours this. It seems more when we/Stockport Town weren’t prepared to host it they said no chance is it being played at Edgeley Park and pulled out.

CRT Butty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2022, 06:41:12 PM »

Can we do the same please.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2022, 06:53:26 PM »

My first final was at Edgeley Park for the 1970 final when a Barry Howard inspired Hyde beat us 3-2 .
 We haven't won it since 2009 ( Nantwich have , 3 times ! ) 
   It's really for promising reserves / fringe players , is it not ?

JD

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2022, 09:53:32 PM »

I smell poop!

Why couldn't they play a reserve team or give a youth team some experience?

Sale Holmfield

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2022, 11:24:02 PM »

You should have wiped your feet on the way in, JD. :)

Stockport were always going to field a reserve team for this, even weaker than the team we would put out. The way this came out, it feels as if they may have been worried about the pitch once they realised they were going to have a televised reply against Charlton Athletic, although that is not until next week.
The match couldn't be switched to Moss Lane as Manchester United Women's Academy are playing Aston Villa on Wednesday afternoon, and Stockport Sports Village may also have already been booked  - you can't just cancel bookings at two days' notice with the possible effect it might have on future bookings. All pretty tinpot by Stockport County, who I assume will be fined for this.

brisbane_alty

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2022, 11:55:35 PM »

All pretty tinpot by Stockport County, who I assume will be fined for this.

I'm still angry that the Cheshire FA fined us for playing a reserve side against Cammell Laird back in 1979/80. From memory, we were due to play Leyton Orient a day later in an FA Cup 3rd-round replay - the historians on this site will be able to confirm the details.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2022, 12:32:06 AM »

Your'e on the right track . We hastily arranged  a CSC tie v Macc to clear Jeff Johnson for the Orient replay as he was on a one match ban from his sending off in the first game and our 'reserves' won i believe ( we still got fined ) 🙂

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2022, 08:09:14 AM »

Your'e on the right track . We hastily arranged  a CSC tie v Macc to clear Jeff Johnson for the Orient replay as he was on a one match ban from his sending off in the first game and our 'reserves' won i believe ( we still got fined ) 🙂

We played at Macclesfield on the Monday after the Orient replay, which I believe was the originally scheduled date of the game i.e. we decided not to rearrange the game to enable Jeff Johnson to serve his 1 match suspension. I have a recollection of Graham Heathcote returning from injury & playing about 30 minutes before being withdrawn, having proved his fitness, to enable him to play at Brisbane Road in the replay 48 hours later.
From memory, Phil Wilson was the only other first team player that was involved & he scored a magnificent goal with a curling right foot shot from about 25 yards to make it 1-1, which was the final score.I can't remember the replay but have a feeling that we won.

swindellsworth

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2022, 08:35:31 AM »

We played at Macclesfield on the Monday after the Orient replay, which I believe was the originally scheduled date of the game i.e. we decided not to rearrange the game to enable Jeff Johnson to serve his 1 match suspension. I have a recollection of Graham Heathcote returning from injury & playing about 30 minutes before being withdrawn, having proved his fitness, to enable him to play at Brisbane Road in the replay 48 hours later.
From memory, Phil Wilson was the only other first team player that was involved & he scored a magnificent goal with a curling right foot shot from about 25 yards to make it 1-1, which was the final score.I can't remember the replay but have a feeling that we won.
   Now that's a proper historian 👏  So we did'nt get a fine then !   Super sub Phil Wilson did'nt score many but they were usually decent efforts that i can recall.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 CSC Stockport out