PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Young children at the ground.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Young children at the ground.  (Read 7963 times)

Freddie

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
Re: Young children at the ground.
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2022, 06:01:16 PM »

What exactly is your collective problem with these kids? How do they bother you I'm any way?

I'm a season ticket holder and I barely notice them.

The kids I was talking about were screaming & shouting  which goes right through you.

I don’t understand why you needed to tell us that you are a season ticket holder.

Only to say that I'm at virtually every home game and I've never noticed these issues.

Where abouts in the ground is this going on?

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2022, 06:02:38 PM »

I can't stand screaming and shouting at games . I like it nice and quiet . Let's make it over 18s only with keep quiet signs round the perimeter
Come on you red and white........

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2022, 06:08:17 PM »

And thinking on it may be best to ask the players to cease communication on the pitch as well . Might trigger a migraine
Come on you red and white........

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2022, 07:44:14 PM »

Do one

Send me to my grave when Im cross at children enjoying themselves.
It's all my fault.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2022, 10:09:34 PM »

I’m all for young people watching Alty but I’m a kill joy.

fixed it for you

Correct. And I seem to remember someone even complaining about supporters walking across Golf Road after matches.

Whilst children could get slightly hurt at matches (I myself once banged my head running about at Roots Hall as a child), I would suggest that with the shallow rake of the terracing and the crush barriers now rendering a crush almost impossible, serious injury is extremely unlikely.

I might add that my friend from church decided to attend the game with his son who plays for one of the junior teams (and was perfectly well behaved). They enjoyed the match and atmosphere and plan to go again. The children near us at the front of the GRE in the second half, whilst high spirited just looked like they were having a good time. It was hardly comparable to when youths were getting in free at Colwyn Bay and causing a certain amount of aggro, for example.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 10:32:20 PM by Hugh »

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2022, 10:51:32 PM »

Just to be clear I don't object to kids running around but there is a health and safety issue. It just needs one accident and a woke parent to put the club in the council's sights again.

And while that was the principal point that Ray made in the opening post on this thread, I know that I'm not alone in getting brassed off with kids running around and screaming, kicking plastic cups up and down the terraces, and generally being a thorough nuisance to everybody within a 30 yard range. I'm sure some fathers bring kids to the game just because Mummy wants a bit of "me time" on Saturday afternoons. I'll take odds that less than 10% of these kids become regular supporters. When they get home they probably can't even tell Mummy if Alty won or not !

Even "organised" groups are not properly supervised. I was horrified when Ross Barrows was concussed recently, and a group of children in the main stand chanted "Get him OFF" ad nauseam with nobody in authority intervening.

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2022, 10:54:15 PM »

Do one

Let me know when the funeral is - I'll arrange for a group of unsupervised 7 year olds to run amok during the eulogy.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2022, 11:20:51 PM »

We are to understand then, that there are sometimes rowdy children at the JDS (arguably better than no children at all). There is also blasphemy, foul and abusive language, politics, and probably other things besides. Now I don't necessarily agree with some of this. Still, perhaps the words of the inimitable Frank Skinner are worth quoting: if you don't like it, move to another part of the terrace. One of the great joys of watching Altrincham is that it is always possible to stand (or sit) somewhere else (unless the government bans us of course). May I recommend that little bit of open terracing between the GRE and the pop side cover? Always seems to be sparsely populated and offers an excellent view of the game.

Speaking purely for myself, the behaviour of children at the club simply hasn't been an issue. I will leave it for others to decide what, if anything, needs to be done.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2022, 11:36:32 PM »

Do one

Let me know when the funeral is - I'll arrange for a group of unsupervised 7 year olds to run amok during the eulogy.

Hilarious that you seem to want the atmosphere of a funeral at our games 😂

AltyRobin

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2022, 11:51:13 PM »

Just to be clear I don't object to kids running around but there is a health and safety issue. It just needs one accident and a woke parent to put the club in the council's sights again.

And while that was the principal point that Ray made in the opening post on this thread, I know that I'm not alone in getting brassed off with kids running around and screaming, kicking plastic cups up and down the terraces, and generally being a thorough nuisance to everybody within a 30 yard range. I'm sure some fathers bring kids to the game just because Mummy wants a bit of "me time" on Saturday afternoons. I'll take odds that less than 10% of these kids become regular supporters. When they get home they probably can't even tell Mummy if Alty won or not !

Maybe it’s the mum that brings the children to the game while dad has some “me time” as you put it. It is 2022 after all. Maybe mum and dad bring the children to the game and the child wants some “me time” and wants to run about. We have got serious issues if we want to stop children enjoying themselves at football matches

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2022, 11:51:59 PM »

Do one

Hilarious that you seem to want the atmosphere of a funeral at our games 😂

Equally hilarious is the fact you have missed the point of the joke

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2022, 07:56:53 AM »

We are to understand then, that there are sometimes rowdy children at the JDS (arguably better than no children at all). There is also blasphemy, foul and abusive language, politics, and probably other things besides. Now I don't necessarily agree with some of this. Still, perhaps the words of the inimitable Frank Skinner are worth quoting: if you don't like it, move to another part of the terrace. One of the great joys of watching Altrincham is that it is always possible to stand (or sit) somewhere else (unless the government bans us of course). May I recommend that little bit of open terracing between the GRE and the pop side cover? Always seems to be sparsely populated and offers an excellent view of the game.

Speaking purely for myself, the behaviour of children at the club simply hasn't been an issue. I will leave it for others to decide what, if anything, needs to be done
can we get some toilets on the pop side first please ?
ParkINson's red and white army

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2022, 07:59:43 AM »

This has to be one of the most classic threads ever on here and there has been a few . Let's get these kids banned asap it's not like they are the future of the club.

Could we also maybe ban older fans that used to come and have fun previously before maturing as well ?

We do need to be consistent and fair after all . I think I may have screamed a few times when my grandad first brought me 40 years ago

Add me to the list please
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 08:04:32 AM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

andrewflynn

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2022, 08:40:07 AM »

Notice them far less now they’re not allowed to stand by the advertising boards smashing them to a million pieces. Long may that (not) continue.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2022, 08:50:56 AM »

If we're complaining about damage to the ground or the safety of the kids then fair enough. If we're moaning about the irritation factor then that's a very slippery slope. There are all manner of irritations at a football match, let's embrace the increased interest and people coming through the doors who never bothered for years, even decades.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 09:04:28 AM by Bob »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Young children at the ground.