PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Replay Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Gateshead Replay Match Thread  (Read 13079 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Gateshead Replay Match Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 19, 2022, 10:18:58 AM »

Let's just get the whole gang back together...

Senior at right back, Ferguson and Sass-Davies at centre half, Harry Perritt and Alistair Smith in midfield...

We'll be unstoppable!

On a more serious note, I really wouldn't mind any f these players back to be honest.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 19, 2022, 10:55:31 AM »

Well, that was hugely disappointing.

That abysmal second half (described on Radio Robins) sounded about as exciting as listening to Liz Truss give a press conference.

Yet another FA Cup flop for Parkinson, I'm afraid.
can't wait to play them again the FA cup next year ... I feel sorry for the younger fans

Don't forget the FA Trophy this year!!!

Nah-that’ll somehow be either Stockport County or BPA.

Frustrating to lose but I do think in the relegation fight both sides will be in that our 3 points there two weeks ago will count for far more in April, when losing 1-3 at home to Stevenage would have long been forgotten about. I just worry now about the ridiculous amount of travel we have to do this week with Saturdays key game down at Torquay and if Toby M coming off injured is serious. The return of Kaja off the bench a major plus point tonight on the flip side.

Well, we inflicted all of that extra travelling this week on ourselves by failing to win a home FA Cup tie.

On the evidence to date, managing to get Kaja fit for two or three consecutive games looks like representing a major challenge.

Perhaps those three league points gained at Gateshead will prove to be ultra precious by the time that the season concludes but also winning an FA Cup tie there is not mutually exclusive and last evening constituted yet another miserable chapter in what is becoming an increasingly barren FA Cup record.

Merely a solitary victory over a Football League club in the last 25 years is hardly the stuff of FA Cup legend and, for the second season in succession, we've opened the door for Gateshead to boost their finances and potentially strengthen their squad.

For the past few years, people on this forum have bemoaned our sequence of FA Cup away draws. Then we get presented with Stevenage at home and somehow they are not really deemed as being worthy of our time and attention.   

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Seth

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 19, 2022, 11:06:55 AM »

As mentioned amongst our WhatsApp chat, billy sass davies and Ferguson both not picking up much game time. 2 big 6 pointers await.

Smith back would be excellent but not where our focus needs to be urgently, although we've lost Bennet for a while

Bennett's due to leave at the end of the month anyway, so I suspect that's the last we've seen of him.

andrewflynn

« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2022, 11:08:36 AM »

Sorry, moving this over to this thread:

We were on top without creating too much in the first 30 minutes.

There was then a horrific five-minute spell chock full of individual mistakes. Heads fell off. We're fully into the swing of the season and we're still showing indecision and misunderstanding. It's not acceptable.

Dinanga got us back into it (offside by all accounts) and I really thought we'd kick on in the second half but we looked tired and completely out of ideas.

Having a read around, I appear to be in a minority of fans who came away from it very worried, and furious that we have thrown away another season's attempt at an FA Cup run.

Not having that Gateshead are a good side either. They were kak.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2022, 11:16:14 AM »

There was then a horrific five-minute spell chock full of individual mistakes. Heads fell off. We're fully into the swing of the season and we're still showing indecision and misunderstanding. It's not acceptable.

Dinanga got us back into it (offside by all accounts) and I really thought we'd kick on in the second half but we looked tired and completely out of ideas.

Having a read around, I appear to be in a minority of fans who came away from it very worried, and furious that we have thrown away another season's attempt at an FA Cup run.

Not heard that word in a while "Kak" love it. I'll go by your valued opinion as not there last night. It is frustrating were still making basic mistakes, that cost us last night. Maybe we'll see the goals at some point and see the debacle for ourselves. Looking tired is a worry. Another long trip on Friday...

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 19, 2022, 11:33:00 AM »

Let's just get the whole gang back together...

Senior at right back, Ferguson and Sass-Davies at centre half, Harry Perritt and Alistair Smith in midfield...

We'll be unstoppable!

On a more serious note, I really wouldn't mind any f these players back to be honest.

Any player that goes on to better opportunities; then becomes available, I see no reason to not try and bring back into the fold.

ex-players who've bundled about the league less so.
It's all my fault.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 19, 2022, 01:34:57 PM »

I can assure you that you are not alone in both your concern and dismay, as evinced by my previous post (and at least I didn't have the misfortune to trek all the way to Gateshead in order to witness yet another underwhelming FA Cup exit!).

We do seem to have an alarming propensity to concede goals in short bursts:

(i) two goals in a matter of five minutes against Chesterfield;

(ii) two goals in six minutes at Solihull Moors;

(iii) two goals in four minutes versus SC**thorpe United;

(iv) two goals in four minutes at Dagenham & Redbridge;

(v) two goals in two minutes at Gateshead last night.

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

HashtagAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 19, 2022, 01:59:55 PM »

Notts County can be added to the list
It's all my fault.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 19, 2022, 03:48:55 PM »

Notts County can be added to the list

Indeed, I overlooked that one.

Two goals conceded in a matter of just two minutes there.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2022, 03:50:22 PM »

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2022, 03:59:02 PM »

This is beyond mortifying:

https://twitter.com/GatesheadFC/status/1582716003456368640

Jesus.

Gateshead really do have a knack of leaving us feeling rock bottom, don't they? At least there's hoping the win in the league is the one that ultimately matters.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2022, 04:19:10 PM »

This is beyond mortifying:

https://twitter.com/GatesheadFC/status/1582716003456368640
1.38 anyone ?? https://youtu.be/Eozl0FIkCps Worse than Sunday league that and to endure it twice in  2 years as well
« Last Edit: October 19, 2022, 04:21:12 PM by wayno »
ParkINson's red and white army

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2022, 04:30:36 PM »

What on earth is Byrne playing at? Absolutely ludicrous.

It’s interesting to me to compare the reaction to that howler to the one Mee committed at Maidenhead. I’m not saying people should be piling in on Byrne now but he does seem to get an easier ride from Alty fans than other keepers.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2022, 04:39:20 PM »

Byrne probably cocked it up because he never expected to get the ball when support was literally screaming for it right next to the passing player.

Not defending him, but I know that is all I can think about.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Gateshead Replay Match Thread