PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sandbach United - Match Thread
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Sandbach United - Match Thread  (Read 5374 times)

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Sandbach United - Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2022, 09:49:38 AM »

It was an expected victory given the experience we had through the middle of the pitch but I was quite impressed with Rogers-Morris and Roxburgh. Wouldn't mind both of them going out to gain some experience in the Northern Premier League.

Sandbach deserve fair credit for continuing to try and play a decent style of football regardless of the ten men and scoreline.

As others have said, it was a great set-up and the bar offering was phenomenal for a football ground. The patio outdoor area with some decent seating and a couple of hatches for refreshments, is really all we needed for a viable Fan Zone ourselves.
would love a fan zone at alty

We could get a respected former player to perform the opening ceremony. Where is Chris Senior nowadays ?
no one knows sadly
ParkINson's red and white army

One Foot in the Grave

• Regular First Team
  • Come on you Mighty Robins !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2022, 10:19:17 AM »

It was an expected victory given the experience we had through the middle of the pitch but I was quite impressed with Rogers-Morris and Roxburgh. Wouldn't mind both of them going out to gain some experience in the Northern Premier League.

Sandbach deserve fair credit for continuing to try and play a decent style of football regardless of the ten men and scoreline.

As others have said, it was a great set-up and the bar offering was phenomenal for a football ground. The patio outdoor area with some decent seating and a couple of hatches for refreshments, is really all we needed for a viable Fan Zone ourselves.
would love a fan zone at alty

We could get a respected former player to perform the opening ceremony. Where is Chris Senior nowadays ?
no one knows sadly

I know Sadly - I used to live with her.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2022, 09:44:35 PM »

"The Robins dominated from the early stages & took the lead after 16 minutes when Ben Pringle fed Zak Goodson, making his first start since signing from Ilkeston, who curled a fine left foot shot into the top corner from the edge of the penalty area."

Good grief. And there was me thinking it was a shot fairly well in the middle of the goal which just beat the 'keeper mainly because of its power. Just goes to show that looks (and memories) can be deceptive! No video footage, I suppose (Like the SPD in the '80s)?

And I'd also like to say, an interesting interview from Parky, and a big thankyou to players, fans and staff from both sides who made it such an enjoyable evening, and long may it continue.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 10:13:00 PM by Hugh »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Sandbach United - Match Thread