PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New signing
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: New signing  (Read 8817 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: New signing
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015, 09:03:46 AM »

I sit next to a Vale fan at work, he reiterated their forum view that he's a cult figure, divided the supporters down the middle.

'You're not getting a footballer, that's for sure' - but as long as he's got the footballers around him, he'll be fine.

More importantly he says he's 'fit as a butcher's dog' (unlike Cav), great lad in the dressing room, and overall should be a good signing at this level.

Welcome to Moss Lane, Anthony, and good luck  :)

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 09:34:32 AM »

Welcome to Alty Anthony!

Port Vale opinion seems to be summed up as: "Hard work, tenacity, divided opinion, thoroughly nice chap... International caps (Montserrat)"

Hopefully he can more than fill the gap left by Cav, but with more energy and mobility (and appearances), and team up well with Richman, Moult etc in the middle.

GB Alty

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 09:46:17 AM »

I'm excited now

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2015, 09:47:21 AM »

On paper just what we want.

Good luck and welcome

Look forward to seeing him in action on Saturday.

The question still remains,  who was the 19 on Tuesday?
Full time and proud of it

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2015, 09:55:15 AM »

I'm excited now

Same here, it's amazing what a single signing (and a decent pre-season performance) can do to us - fickle as we all are (whether we dare to admit it or not).

All you ask is that each signing replaces everything the outgoing person gave you, plus a little bit more.

On paper there's every chance Rankine (v Perry), Griffith (v Cav), O'Keefe (v Williams), Deasy (v Parton) and hopefully someone like Deacey (v Gillespie) will be able to do that for us.

There's not really any truly gaping holes (apart from the elusive RW and a bit of defensive cover), but we're starting to shape up a bit more.

markecky

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2015, 09:56:46 AM »

Welcome to the club Anthony and good luck.

I too am excited by the signing of another big strong lad to give us another dimension. If Lee can get the mix right of our passing game with us being very hard to breakdown then it could be a good season.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2015, 10:04:23 AM »

Welcome Anthony, hope you enjoy your time at Alty.

He sounds an ideal signing for us. We have plenty of flair players, what Cav gave us last year, hopefully you will this year.

Only problem is we now have TWO Griffs !

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2015, 10:10:38 AM »

Good engine. Hard working. Mobile..just what we needed.
Welcome to Alty fella.

He played a few times for Shrewsbury. My mate reports that he was a steady reliable fit lad who was good at breaking up the oppositions game

Cmon Alty

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2015, 10:16:12 AM »

Good to see the team getting bigger physically. Couple of times in past seasons we've come up against big teams who weren't necessarily great football sides and we've got knocked off the ball too much. Recent signings should redress the balance.

MadFrankie

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2015, 10:30:57 AM »

The question still remains,  who was the 19 on Tuesday?
question was answered on Tuesday I think: http://www.altyfans.co.uk/index.php?topic=20302.msg235711#msg235711
Is this the way to Mickleover
I'd rather go there than Dover

Jenga

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2015, 12:54:49 PM »

Looking at the link provided from the Vale perspective he seems a good addition, provided he settles in.

Perhaps Lee has felt that whilst we played well last year a few players werent always 100% committed. Rankine and Griff No2 seem to be 100% committed players.

Overall I am happy with the signings, there seems to be improvements in all positions where we have released players.

One more quality forward if we can afford it and we should be looking great, but remembering always that we need to keep our powder dry.

andrewflynn

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2015, 01:04:09 PM »

Good to see the team getting bigger physically. Couple of times in past seasons we've come up against big teams who weren't necessarily great football sides and we've got knocked off the ball too much. Recent signings should redress the balance.

Certainly, you need look no further than Telford doing the double over us last season. Extra physicality in the side probably would have seen us fare better at Blyth and Bath also.

I'm liking the way the squad is coming together, we look very strong in central midfield now with Richman, Moult, Griffith, O'Keefe and also Lawrie to hand. It sparks the debate between 4-4-2 and 4-5-1. I think Richman and Moult (who importantly know each other inside out at this point) alongside Griffith as a midfield three could be everything we need.

Welcome to the club, Anthony.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2015, 10:42:16 PM »

OK that's it, going to the Stalybridge game now. Too many curious option from last Tuesday, plus our new signing Anthony Griffiths.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 New signing