News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty to be on BT Sports

Author Topic: Alty to be on BT Sports  (Read 6290 times)

robins1978

Alty to be on BT Sports
« on: February 19, 2015, 04:43:51 PM »

From Main Site:-

"Altrincham FC joint Press and Media Officer, Brian Flynn, writes:
"Altrincham’s visit to Welling United, originally scheduled for Saturday March 7th, has been moved to Sunday March 8th, kick off at 1.00pm to be broadcast live on BT Sport.

There will be a superb opportunity for Altrincham fans who are not travelling to Kent, to get the ‘away day’ experience in the new Community Sports Hall, where the match will be screened live. Club caterer, Richie Bentley, will be serving full English Breakfasts from 11.30am and the bar will be open from noon to 4.00pm. Come on down, there is sure to be a great atmosphere!

The game could also be hugely significant for Stuart Coburn, as it is possible that he will break the record for the most number of games played for Altrincham Football Club".

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Alty to be on BT Sports
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 06:48:02 PM »

FFS
One of only 3 conf grounds less than an hour from where I live (excluding Crawley who are temporary a league club). I had it planned for Sat 07 March and now probably wont be able to go at that time on a Sunday.
I was hoping that we would be on BT Sports this season which is why I subscribed to it, but I wanted a home game that I cant attend. There again I should be grateful for small mercies as I have just bought train tickets for the Telford home game. :(

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 07:11:32 PM »

Funny how it works for some and not for others. For me, I'm unable to get to Welling, either Saturday or Sunday, so to be able to watch the game as a regular away supporter not there is fantastic. It's been odd listening to Radio Robins when I haven't been able to go, so will be bizarre seeing it live!!
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

roytonmike

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 07:25:36 PM »

Those of us who plan ahead & book rail tickets well in advance to take advantage of cheaper fares are entitled to be totally p***ed off by late decisions like this. I shall look into the possibility of rebooking but suspect this ridiculously late notice will have cost me the better part of £30. To describe myself as annoyed is putting it very mildly!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 07:29:13 PM »

How much tv money to we receive?
Full time and proud of it

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 08:20:28 PM »

It won't matter, it'll be wiped out by the team having to stay over night..

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 09:24:44 AM »

If FCUM ever make it to the conference they will be so outraged by this sort of commercial destruction of the fans game they will have to set up a protest club....

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2015, 10:10:47 AM »

great news for me,i will watch it on my PC for free
Harold

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2015, 12:05:03 PM »

If FCUM ever make it to the conference they will be so outraged by this sort of commercial destruction of the fans game they will have to set up a protest club....

:D

To be honest, they already sold their non-existent soul when they moved their FA Cup game v Rochdale for the TV a few years ago...

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 12:21:41 PM »

In a move that George Orwell would be proud of they changed their policy on that when someone waved a fat wad of cash in their face.

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/m_fcandtv.php

"Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."

York Alty

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2015, 03:44:07 PM »

In a move that George Orwell would be proud of they changed their policy on that when someone waved a fat wad of cash in their face.

http://www.fc-utd.co.uk/m_fcandtv.php

"Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. No question, now, what had happened to the faces of the pigs. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."

So very true, in so many walks of life.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Alty to be on BT Sports