PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Grimsby on Easter Monday
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Grimsby on Easter Monday  (Read 11510 times)

lesgtfc

Grimsby on Easter Monday
« on: April 18, 2011, 01:16:01 PM »

Is a "Pay What You Like" game.

Due to the way our season has panned out recently our last home game of the season against yourselves will be "Pay As Much As You Like" in an effort to get as many fans as possible. You will able to pay anything from £1 upwards for entry which will also apply to away fans.

Hopefully if you still have your heads above water by then it may persuade a few more of your fans to come.

fuertes

Re: Grimsby on Easter Monday
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 01:26:57 PM »

Brilliant stuff. Potential for a really good following if we can get a result against Newport first...

markecky

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 01:58:13 PM »

The coach list is in the club now...its the 42 seater..call now on 928 1045

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 02:08:48 PM »

Unfortunately the Grimsby fixture is the one game out of the last 11 of the season that I wont be able to attend...

Bring back 3 points lads

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 02:17:05 PM »

I'll be there for one last big push for improbable safety

chris888

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 03:30:20 PM »

booked on today. cannot wait, first away in ages

lesgtfc

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 03:44:34 PM »

Just a bit of info for any of your fans traveling.

The 2 pubs nearest to the ground are The Imp, which is where the majority of home fans go and The Blundell Park Hotel just across the road which usually welcomes away fans.

You could use the money you save on admission to sample our famous fish 'n' chips, I wouldn't recommend "The Mariners" chippy near the ground, it used to be quite good but I've heard that it's nowhere near as good as what it used to be since it was taken over a while ago.

Steels Corner House in Cleethorpes Market Place does a legendary Jumbo Haddock, Chips n Mushy Peas, which is well worth a try or for takeaway fish n chips the best 2 are Ernie Becketts just across the road from Steels and The Ocean Fish Bar along St. Peters Ave which also has a restaurant. Remember though it's haddock as cod round this way is only fit for pet food or visiting Yorkies. If you arrive in time I'd advise going up to Cleethorpes Town Centre where you will find plenty of pubs for a pre-match drink or three.

If you're coming by car then when you get to the ground (there is a McDonalds bang outside of it) just keep going, the road will bend to the right and you will eventually come to a roundabout, go straight on, up Isaacs Hill which turns in High Street where there are a number of pubs and The Market Place will be on your right hand side. If you're on the train then exit the main entrance at CLEETHORPES station, turn right, walk up the pedestrianised hill and at the top just turn left and you'll be on Cleethorpes High Street.There is also a cracking CAMRA listed real ale pub on the station itself know as The No.2 or Under The Clock which usually serves a fine range of real ales.

Safe journey to all those traveling and don't worry as at the moment we couldn't win a bloody raffle even if there was only one ticket in it.

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 04:50:54 PM »

Hi lesgtfc
Some advice please
My train leaves cleethorps station at17:28  and was wondering my chances of catching
It from the game as it is pretty much the last viable option for me. Doesn't look to far but don't really know the area

lesgtfc

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 05:20:06 PM »

Hi lesgtfc
Some advice please
My train leaves cleethorps station at17:28  and was wondering my chances of catching
It from the game as it is pretty much the last viable option for me. Doesn't look to far but don't really know the area

You should be ok. I'd say it's about a 20 minute's brisk walk.

Isn't the 18:28 any good to you though, then you could have a leisurely walk and a couple of pints in the pub at the station.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 05:25:09 PM by lesgtfc »

wellingboroughALTY

• Reserve Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 07:17:09 PM »

18:28 would cost £10 more and I'd have to go into London and out again taking about twice as long shud be ok if  I'm on the way by 5
Cheers

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2011, 08:12:17 PM »

Cheers Les........I am staying over Sunday night and will definately try out the station real ale....after recent away form I thought about staying at home, but will be there now I know what I know.

I assume you can park up around the ground area and walk the 20 mins into Cleethorpes
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2011, 08:12:45 PM »

can't believe the younger fans haven't arranged a weekender in Cleethorpes, I mean its just like Blackpool but without the fun
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Altyant

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2011, 08:13:38 PM »

Thanks for the info Les. Hopefully that will encourage a few floaters to make the trip

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2011, 08:33:40 PM »

This game has been designated as London Alty's end of season party. We were going whatever but this just makes it all the better. An epic day on the smash starting early doors at Kings X. Even if this awaits we'll make a top day out of it.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwtSdJaPCSI

;D

We are Alty.

RocketDan

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2011, 10:48:40 PM »

football for a quid. nice idea.

already booked my train tickets.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Grimsby on Easter Monday