PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Match thread  (Read 18069 times)

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Match thread
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2010, 07:58:19 PM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_conf/8560794.stm

Well now... This is an unusually long match report for the BBC on a non-league game. Who could have done it for them, I wonder? Perhaps a BBC local radio reporter, at the match not to give an unbiased perspective but to cover it from one team's point of view? Strange that there's no mention of Denham hitting the bar or indeed any of the other Alty chances.

Basically, they've taken the one-eyed, explicitly partial views of the Northamptonshire Nob and turned them into the official, impartial BBC match report. Pretty outrageous really.

bighairedmike

« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2010, 07:58:57 PM »

Really, really happy i managed to get to the match today, especially after only just missing the match on tuesday. Great second half atmosphere along the pop side, good to see their fans given a barrage of abuse and just singing the same songs over and over again, then realising they were beat on the insults front actually attempt to support the team again. And then the abuse started when they go 2-1 up.

Thanks to the team for wiping the smiles off their faces and for giving me a great day. Well done all.

Oh, and outside the chippy it was just verbals, nothing else doing.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2010, 08:34:49 PM »

Just back home... It felt like a winner when Chrissy Denham scored that equaliser..

Tomlin spent half the afternoon trying to get players sent off and was eventually taken off by Edinburgh.. Probably because the fans banter got to him mainly "You Fat Bastard"  :D

Jefferson Louis used his hands like a fkn basket ball player.. (whats with the gloves in March you soft sh*t)?

Great game great banter.. I knew all these big clubs wouldn't just come and beat us.. I have yet to see a better defence than Altys at Moss Lane this season.  For some strange and obscure reason there sad fans seemed to like singing "You cant afford Utd"  Yep there probably right, however we took 4 fat points off you this season  :D

When will these media pricks who report on these games give Alty some credit for their efforts... At least they got the names right today for a fkn change...

Great result ... Felt like a win.  Well done once again to all the lads... Superb effort.

Cmon Alty.....

Dougals Dad

« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2010, 09:10:01 PM »

This is a late dampener on a fine result:

"90+6 Booking Booking for Chris Denham for dissent."

Over-celebrating surely.

It was

and don't call me Shirley!

markecky

« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2010, 09:41:31 PM »

Sounds like a great point with our limited availability.  And I can't believe I missed the 8 Rushden "hoolies". 

I am just delighted to be sharing a pitch with such massive clubs like Rushden and Diamonds.

Lets hope they get more points in their "tougher tests" ahead.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Match thread