News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Just what we wanted to hear..

Author Topic: Just what we wanted to hear..  (Read 1473 times)

lukealty12

« on: December 18, 2007, 11:36:36 PM »

From main site,

RYAN WANTS TO COME BACK
This is Staffs says that "Teenage Stoke defender Ryan Shotton is ready to return to a non-league relegation battle in the new year ... if Tony Pulis lets him. The 19-year-old centre half has returned to the Britannia this week after a three-month attachment to Altrincham in the nether regions of the Blue Square Premier. But Altrincham manager Graham Heathcote wants the Fenton-born youngster back ASAP - which would be in the January transfer window.
'At the moment I haven't really spoken to Tony Pulis', says Shotton, 'but it should be a good opportunity for me to go back. Hopefully I can do that. I certainly enjoyed my time on loan there and it has definitely improved my game'. Shotton has yet to win his senior spurs at Stoke, but missed just two games through injury at Altrincham after enjoying his longest spell in senior football. His sights remain firmly fixed on a long-term career with Stoke, however, after rising through the Academy ranks... 'I definitely want to stay here and keep on pushing myself and improving. If I get my chance, hopefully I'll take it'".

Ryan played for Stoke City Reserves on Monday night against Coventry at the Ricoh Arena. Although City lost 2-0 Ryan reportedly did well against Dele Adebola in the first half and Kevin Kyle in the second half.

Great news, lets hope hes allowed.

baldrick

Re: Just what we wanted to hear..
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 12:39:21 AM »

Stoke obviously don't see him as part of their near future or they would not have let him become cup tied. A loan until the end of the season would suit all concerned.

Jacko

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 01:24:15 PM »

fantastic attitude from ryan i think

Longman

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 01:31:04 PM »

Is there any way we could have negotiated his loan to cover the Northwich and Stevenage games over Xmas?  Regardless of whether he re joins us in January or not?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team