PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kicked off Setanta again ...
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Kicked off Setanta again ...  (Read 4531 times)

Dougals Dad

Re: Kicked off Setanta again ...
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2007, 08:35:37 PM »

Storm in a satellite dish.

I for one am VERY grateful of the opportunity to see Alty on the TV on a regular basis (even if it's only goal highlights every week). It's not so long ago that people on here were crowing about how great the coverage of Alty at Stevenage was and how it showed us in a great light. Setanta are intending to show all teams in the BSP at least twice (home and away) and after that the schedule is up to them. Naturally they are going to attempt to show what they consider to be more attractive fixtures. TV companies (apart from the quaint old Beeb) are commercial enterprises. What do you expect them to do? They are not a charity.

Quite frankly any money that comes our way has to be a good thing. As for the bias, I think (as Mr Flynn has already suggested) you would be surprised if you looked at the games covered to date. If Setanta can truly make a go of this, then fair play to them. There aren't many commercial companies out there who would have taken a punt on the BSP as a draw for the viewing public

Agree 100%
Me too! I'm very pro Setanta and have enjoyed their coverage. I would love to see Alty on more & hope something can be done to push this.

Butty

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2007, 08:37:18 PM »

with all these posts about saying that setanta only show the bigger games, which will develop more interest, what else is on on boxing day? Anyone who was at ML last year will know that it was a fantastic game of football between two sides in very similar positions, so can anyone tell me who is on on boxing day?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2007, 09:00:14 PM »

I understand that the TV platforms will be in place until the first of these events happens:-

1) Altrincham are relegated/promoted from the BSP.

I can live with them for another ten games  ::) >:(

baldrick

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2007, 10:29:56 PM »

On Boxing day Setanta are showing Exeter v Torquay and Dundee United v Celtic. Unless they change their mind again.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kicked off Setanta again ...