PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Kicked off Setanta again ...
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Kicked off Setanta again ...  (Read 4530 times)

JT

« on: December 18, 2007, 10:13:05 AM »

Are we ever going to have a televised game at moss lane on their sodding channel?

Redmeister

Re: Kicked off Setanta again ...
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 10:19:52 AM »

They probably saw the comments slagging them off on here.

Longman

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 11:04:04 AM »

What are they putting on instead?

Gutted, I was looking forward to recording it and watching it back to see my mug on the tele!

markecky

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 11:07:55 AM »

I believe its a repeat of Last of the Summer Wine.

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 01:00:42 PM »

will they get rid of those awful turrets so that people who actually get off their backsides to go to a game can get a decent view?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 02:55:20 PM »

Fully agree those tv platforms spoil the popular side get rid!!!!

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 04:16:46 PM »

The platforms were erected so that Setanta could broadcast.

At some clubs the platforms are there and will stay there for the season.

No platforms, no chance of a broadcast....so, it's make your mind up time really.

Do we want to be broadcast at Moss Lane or not?

Unemployed Coalminer

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 04:24:55 PM »

well that's twice the tv company has dumped alty so why should we bother about them. maybe fcum fans have a point.

The Fan

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 04:39:02 PM »

I believe its a repeat of Last of the Summer Wine.

A story about loads of weary blokes wandering around green fields? We are on after all then !!!  :)

baldrick

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 04:44:28 PM »

Tell them to take their money and go. The publicity from telling a television company to f**k off will more than make up for the lost income. £12,000 for winning the Setanta Shield is an insult. Setanta are a Mickey Mouse company. Sky must be laughing at them.

Butty

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 05:27:32 PM »

time for a song:
you've done it 2 times,
you've done it 2 timeeess,
f**k off Setanta,
You've done it 2 times

altymad

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 05:58:04 PM »

how many times is this gona happen, aldershot are on every other week its a joke

Brian Flynn

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 06:22:12 PM »

We haven't been kicked off the Setanta schedule as we were never on it.There was a planned schedule which included us but as is often the case the planned schedule & the confirmed schedule are different.There would of course have been no problem if we had not become aware of Setanta's plans so perhaps more covert communications on their part would have helped.

I understand that the TV platforms will be in place until the first of these events happens:-

1) Altrincham are relegated/promoted from the BSP.
2)Setanta lose the TV contract

I'll forego the possibility of promotion & state that I hope that they are around for many years to come!!

Finally, how many times have Aldershot been on? I can only think of two against Grays & Salisbury.Bearing in mind they are top of the league they may well believe that they have been under represented.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2007, 06:43:16 PM »

Storm in a satellite dish.

I for one am VERY grateful of the opportunity to see Alty on the TV on a regular basis (even if it's only goal highlights every week). It's not so long ago that people on here were crowing about how great the coverage of Alty at Stevenage was and how it showed us in a great light. Setanta are intending to show all teams in the BSP at least twice (home and away) and after that the schedule is up to them. Naturally they are going to attempt to show what they consider to be more attractive fixtures. TV companies (apart from the quaint old Beeb) are commercial enterprises. What do you expect them to do? They are not a charity.

Quite frankly any money that comes our way has to be a good thing. As for the bias, I think (as Mr Flynn has already suggested) you would be surprised if you looked at the games covered to date. If Setanta can truly make a go of this, then fair play to them. There aren't many commercial companies out there who would have taken a punt on the BSP as a draw for the viewing public
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2007, 08:31:57 PM »

Storm in a satellite dish.

I for one am VERY grateful of the opportunity to see Alty on the TV on a regular basis (even if it's only goal highlights every week). It's not so long ago that people on here were crowing about how great the coverage of Alty at Stevenage was and how it showed us in a great light. Setanta are intending to show all teams in the BSP at least twice (home and away) and after that the schedule is up to them. Naturally they are going to attempt to show what they consider to be more attractive fixtures. TV companies (apart from the quaint old Beeb) are commercial enterprises. What do you expect them to do? They are not a charity.

Quite frankly any money that comes our way has to be a good thing. As for the bias, I think (as Mr Flynn has already suggested) you would be surprised if you looked at the games covered to date. If Setanta can truly make a go of this, then fair play to them. There aren't many commercial companies out there who would have taken a punt on the BSP as a draw for the viewing public

Agree 100%
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team