News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 GH to try sign Shotts again ......

Author Topic: GH to try sign Shotts again ......  (Read 3085 times)

le bignose

« on: December 18, 2007, 09:42:55 AM »

"Altrincham manager Graham Heathcote aims to bring Stoke City defender Ryan Shotton back to Moss Lane in January. "

Probably the most significant player/signing Graham can make in Jan and one that could decide us staying up or not!!

One hell of a player, one hell of a signing and one we cant let go!! Most important player for us this season and without him at the back, regardless of our current goals against, it will only get worse in my eyes!!

Shotts do  us a xmas favour and plead your case to stay on mate!!

Longman

Re: GH to try sign Shotts again ......
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 11:07:47 AM »

It is crucial that we get him back, he is so evidently a class above any of our other defenders!

One question though, why wasn't his initial loan period negotiaited until after the Xmas fixtures, thus taking us up to the January transfer window?  It just seems to leave us in limbo for a few games?  Or was it a case of we got him for the maximum loan time and we have to try and get him again once the window opens in Jan?  Also I take it we couldn't negotiate a season long loan at the time??

moousee

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 12:43:47 PM »

he has been very strong for us. holding the back four together at times.

The Fan

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 12:59:29 PM »

The guy is a class above our entire team.

I would be very surprised if a club higher up the division and/or in League1/2 isnt sniffing around. However, if he is enjoying it so much and his wages are being paid - maybe he will stick it out here. 

markecky

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 01:26:28 PM »

I have it on good authority that Ryan is desperate to stay and the club is desperate to keep him.

Its really up to Stoke in that  if someone in the league wants to take him, then they may prefer that.

For me he is never going to have to do more defending than he does at Alty, so its great experience!

le bignose

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 01:33:14 PM »

lol !! i totally agree with the "more defending at Alty" remark!!

We certainly know how to test his ability !!! But if he comes back, and if your correct on the info Ecky, then happy bloody days as he is crucial to our survival bid!!!

Not only that but his committment to the cause is unquestionable!! An its a pleasure to see that from a loan player nowadays!!

kidlad

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 02:55:50 PM »

Having known Shott for quite some time I know that he really wants to stay at the club. Alty rescued him from the limbo of reserve team football at Stoke where he seems to not be in first team contention at the moment. For that reason he is very grateful to Alty and he has built up an affinity with the fans. There is a League Two club after him on loan but it is sometimes debatable whether there is any great difference in standards between BSP and League 2.
If the rules are that the short term loans can be extended to a season then I believe that Ryan will be here like a Shot (terrible pun)

The Fan

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 04:24:00 PM »

What shouldn't be overlooked is the MOM Champagne he has collected this year - a cellar full !!!!!

le bignose

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007, 04:42:35 PM »

Ha least we forget that Shotts has a crate load of the bubbly stuff for his festive activities!!

Not sure Sainsburys Cava is much compared to what the Stoke lads pour .......... Moet, Bollinger ????

But well deserved !!

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 07:31:50 PM »

Seeing Ryan at the Xmas Ball showed how much he loves the club .... He looked totally at ease with everyone and looked like he was thoroughly enjoying himself

Altyant

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 07:40:35 PM »

Just out of interest - with Shotton being full time, what does he do in terms of training during the week.

Apologies if that makes me sound a bit thick!

Dougals Dad

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 08:34:07 PM »

Just out of interest - with Shotton being full time, what does he do in terms of training during the week.

Apologies if that makes me sound a bit thick!

Actually, that is a very good question!

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2007, 10:45:47 PM »

Probably the most significant player/signing Graham can make in Jan and one that could decide us staying up or not!!

Hmm, hasn't exactly managed to fire us to the heights of mid table obscurity but I do agree that we'd be very thin on the ground defensively without him. I don't doubt that he'd probably prefer to be here rather than Stoke reserves, I expect our bigger problem will be the league to clubs that are after him.

If you'll all just excuse me for a moment....

RYAN, IF YOU'RE READING THIS 'GOOD LUCK' BUT IF THOSE f**kING PRICKS AT THE sh*tHOLE THAT IS ACCRINGTON ARE SNIFFING AFTER YOU PLEASE PUT LEAGUE FOOTBALL ON HOLD FOR A YEAR AND TELL THEM TO SLING IT.

Anyway, someone mentioned GH was a fan of Terry Fearns before. I think he'd do well, however the fact is, there is no way on Gods earth Dave Pace would loan or even sell him to his one of his main relegation rivals would he?...would he??
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team