News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 If there wasn't a transfer window...

Author Topic: If there wasn't a transfer window...  (Read 2610 times)

markecky

« on: December 16, 2007, 10:29:08 AM »

then the team would be very different.

I say judge us in January. We must hope that the players show enough sprirt to get past Northwich and then see what happens.

The team is simply not good enough at the moment.  Some players are not Conference standard.

We have very few options to make changes.

However I still don't believe we are a million miles off it.  Other teams get a clear cut chance and they bury it, usually after we have had one and done one pass too many because you try and walk it in when you are low on confidence.

I've seen far far worse Alty performances and Alty teams, thank Christ the internet wasn't around when Stan Allan was manager.

seasonticket

Re: If there wasn't a transfer window...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 10:41:03 AM »

I've seen far far worse Alty performances and Alty teams, thank Christ the internet wasn't around when Stan Allan was manager.
Or even worse Tommy Docherty.

baldrick

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 03:47:53 PM »

One of the main problems is the fitness standard. Other teams can keep going for 90 minutes but Alty have had enough after an hour. The other clubs have noticed this and they are taking advantage of it.

Altyant

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 08:11:50 PM »

One of the main problems is the fitness standard. Other teams can keep going for 90 minutes but Alty have had enough after an hour. The other clubs have noticed this and they are taking advantage of it.

Do you not think that we should have closed that gap a little bit now in our third season in at this level?

Dougals Dad

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 08:17:13 PM »

As there are 2 transfer windows, does that mean it is double glazed?

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 08:45:42 PM »

The gap has not closed because the full timers have wised up and are fitter and paying higher wages.

Hence we struggle.

markecky

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 10:41:58 PM »

Do you not think that we should have closed that gap a little bit now in our third season in at this level?

How do you close a gap trainng 2 hrs a night, Tues and Thursday against teams that train all week?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 06:58:29 PM »

Whilst I can see Ecky's point about closing the fitness gap I do think that we really ought to be making a better fist of things now that we are in our third season.

I cannot see that our approach to the games has changed noticeably.

In the first season, we were new and part time so we had to fight for the right to play - Our tactics reflected this so, I'll go with that.

In the second season, we were still part time and, in certain games I would expect us to have to fight for the right to play- the tactics remained the same  so I'll go with that too for now but really only in some games. In others we should have been taking the bull by the horns and we did - Cambridge at home for example

We are now in the third season. We're still part time and we still 'have to fight for the right to play'  Even against teams who have come up since we did?
With two years experience in this fighting for the right to play lark why are we being outfought by teams who have entered the League since we did. Why are we still deploying the same tactics as we did in our first year? Why have we not so far played like we did against Cambridge

We now have some better players than in our first two seasons - Chris Lane, Gareth Whalley, Jake Sedgemore and Chris Senior, two of  whom are not really designed to fight but instead to play good football. No wonder we can't succeed when the tactics don't suit the players and/or the players don't suit the tactics

VofD

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 07:55:36 PM »

ATS

Ask GH.

andrewflynn

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 08:18:00 PM »

ive noticed the one thing we always do is just hoof it up the pitch. only to find that it is being easily headed back at us and it is so frustrating to watch. i think we get more success when we nock it around on the deck.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team