News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 We need a change of thinking

Author Topic: We need a change of thinking  (Read 1997 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: October 21, 2007, 02:53:31 PM »

I might get a slating here and what I say might not prove very popular,but so be it.We all have a go at the management,the tactics,the starting X1.But one part of the problem for me is a certain lack of desire.Its about time some of the squad (not all) rolled their sleeves up and showed some bollocks.We f**king blew it big style at salisbury last week, you could see the confidence drain from everyone as soon as they got that first goal back,and everyone on that away terrace knew what was going to happen,and it did.Yesterday we had a mad ten minutes,in the first half, it happens,but what annoyed me the most was the lack of fight once we'd got a goal back.

We should have took a leaf out of Salisburys book and battered a very ordinary Ebsfleet, especially when they went down to ten men.Yesterday the team were booed off at halftime, something that hasnt happened at Moss Lane for many years,it can give you an indication of peoples frustrations,nobody I'm sure likes booing their own men. We need some fighting spirit next week, Kendal will be well up for it, and we need 11 men that will stand tall and fight tooth and nail for the shirt,that will play with confidence and belief.We simply CANNOT have a repeat of the last six years, and fall at the first hurdle.

Since 1998 our FA cup record has been a joke apart from the run to the second round in 2001-2002, being knocked by sh*t like ashton,mossley,guisely,lancaster,hucknall .I Just hope we see eleven men out on that field next saturday full of passion and desire, as a group of supporters we are very patient and ask for very little,but heart and a never say die approach is one thing we must demand.

*edited to make readable*
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 03:08:27 PM by markecky »

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: We need a change of thinking
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 03:08:42 PM »

I might get a slating here and what I say might not prove very popular,but so be it.We all have a go at the management,the tactics,the starting X1.But one part of the problem for me is a certain lack of desire.Its about time some of the squad (not all) rolled their sleeves up and showed some bollocks.We f**king blew it big style at salisbury last week, you could see the confidence drain from everyone as soon as they got that first goal back,and everyone on that away terrace knew what was going to happen,and it did.Yesterday we had a mad ten minutes,in the first half, it happens,but what annoyed me the most was the lack of fight once we'd got a goal back. We should have took a leaf out of Salisburys book and battered a very ordinary Ebsfleet, especially when they went down to ten men.Yesterday the team were booed off at halftime, something that hasnt happened at Moss Lane for many years,it can give you an indication of peoples frustrations,nobody I'm sure likes booing their own men. We need some fighting spirit next week, Kendal will be well up for it, and we need 11 men that will stand tall and fight tooth and nail for the shirt,that will play with confidence and belief.We simply CANNOT have a repeat of the last six years, and fall at the first hurdle.Since 1998 our FA cup record has been a joke apart from the run to the second round in 2001-2002, being knocked by sh*t like ashton,mossley,guisely,lancaster,hucknall .I Just hope we see eleven men out on that field next saturday full of passion and desire, as a group of supporters we are very patient and ask for very little,but heart and a never say die approach is one thing we must demand.

well said totally agree we must not lose at kendal

altrincham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 03:22:35 PM »

Agreed, get out the Giant Killer DVD Graham!

VofD

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 04:37:23 PM »

Hughsey,
                I totally agree with you.
Would you like to name who , from the squad,you think should be rolling up their sleeves and showing some b******s, as we approach the Kendal match.

I have a few in mind.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 05:50:29 PM »

I agree the passion was laccing from a number of players yesterday.

There was no belief we could pull bacc the 3 goals

Alty365

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 06:04:52 PM »

I agree the passion was laccing from a number of players yesterday.

There was no belief we could pull bacc the 3 goals

Has your 'K' key packed in?

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 07:29:36 PM »

Hughsey,
                I totally agree with you.
Would you like to name who , from the squad,you think should be rolling up their sleeves and showing some b******s, as we approach the Kendal match.

I have a few in mind.

No, I think it would be seriously unfair to single any one or group of personel out, I just wish Graham will sit them down this week and as the lad says above, show them the giant killers dvd for example. We have in my opinion the best "footballing" squad we've had since we came back up,but we need some fire in the belly of the beast.This group of players could do some great things with a bit of self belief,maybe it would be better if they were just told to "go out and enjoy themselves and just play".
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team