News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 History

Author Topic: History  (Read 2474 times)

Bear Town Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
History
« on: December 13, 2008, 06:31:06 PM »

Altrincham boss Graham Heathcote believes the club's fantastic FA Trophy history can inspire his side to glory this season

Unfortunately, (and it's not Graham's fault) it's evident on that performance, some of the players do not share the same pride over the clubs cup history as he does.

I travel from Shropshire for each home game and like the majority of Alty fans, know we're not always going to win but do expect to see passion & effort...which seemed to be lacking from too many players today! Southport were up for it and deserved to win.

Very disappointed.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 06:34:48 PM by Loggerheads Robin »

markecky

Re: History
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 07:00:07 PM »

Totally agreed.

The sad thing was that Southport were so ordinary.  They took there chances well and Duffy the wing was superb.

The players should realise that todays £5,000 was very important to the club.

Thats the downside of contracts I guess..they will sit tight and not worry to much.

Worst I have felt since the surrender to Vics.

Utter rubbish.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 07:06:31 PM by markecky »

seasonticket

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 08:14:43 PM »

I was so p***ed off with the performance, or lack of performace, that I left after the pen made it 3-0. That is the first time ever I have not seen the end of a game.
As Ecky correctly sums up complete rubbish.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 12:29:28 AM »

Totally agreed.

The sad thing was that Southport were so ordinary.  They took there chances well and Duffy the wing was superb.

The players should realise that todays £5,000 was very important to the club.

Thats the downside of contracts I guess..they will sit tight and not worry to much.

Worst I have felt since the surrender to Vics.

Utter rubbish.

Totally concur with your synopsis, Ecky.

Greg Young was the only Alty player to emerge with any credit.
The rest should be embarrassed by that spineless travesty of a performance.

What a truly dismal day for the club.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

SammyH8

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 02:01:02 AM »

I quote Graham whilst walking past him after the fourth went in "It doesnt hurt them, it doesnt hurt them". Sums up the players performance and shows it was out of Grahams hands, Youngy sets the example week in week out, others need to follow the trend otherwise even after the great start this season, i fear the worst.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 10:32:09 AM »

I was so disappointed with yesterdays performance.. It was incredible to watch.

Southport to their credit stuck to the task, but they weren't anything special...

Were were completely apathetic.. agree with Cult comments that Greg Young came out of the game with some credit, thought that as usual Senior gave his all when he came on... The impact players that you would expect to be up for a cup game were non existent (Little/Elam)

Trouble is nowadays that you never know which Alty is going to turn up..... Lets be honest, if we carry on in this vein of form (i.e. 14 goals conceded in 4 games) then it won't be long before we're all biting our finger nails again in a relegation dogfight...

The players need to refind the team spirit that we had when we went on that great little run... Self belief goes a long way....

VofD

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 12:31:37 PM »

CLUELESS AND GUTLESS

Bar Young, the rest had an OFF day, but Lane and Peyton were ABYSMAL.

£14 of absolute crap. >:( >:( >:(

DAB @ ALTY

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 04:40:34 PM »

The club's cup history certainly didn't inspire anybody on the pitch,or for that matter off
it yesterday.You would never have guessed we were involved in an important cup match,
with a win bringing much needed money into the club,the whole afternoon seemed so flat.
I cannot accept that players go out not to try,so you cannot just blame them.We have
now gone out of three cup competitions at home (one a replay),so just what has gone 
wrong with our cup pedigree.Have my own idea's but I just wonder what other fan's
views are on this.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 History