News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Message to fans and board

Author Topic: Message to fans and board  (Read 3903 times)

Beaver

« on: March 16, 2016, 09:31:00 AM »

I was going to post this on another thread, in fact I did but removed it and decided to start a thread. I dont post that much nevermind start a thread. I would appreciate if any of the keyboard warriors could avoid getting personal on the thread unless you want to say it to my face at the games over Easter that I will attend. Here's my thoughts:

To the fans:

I think a lot of what is being posted about our current precarious position is outrageously harsh on the Rowleys and we should be careful with what we wish for.

I completely agree that the board of this club have made some exceptionally naive and bad decisions in recent weeks/months.

But on the grander scale of things they have done a ridiculous lot of good for this club. We wouldn't have a club in this league with the infrastructure we have without the people running the club.

I just think we have taken the ethos of the club too far to the point where we're just too 'friendly' to take the right course of action in more troubled times. That can be addressed, and its something that needs to be addressed.

I have to say though that some of the more personal attacks against the people running the club that I am reading are leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

A few people haven't posted at all while this is going on and I suspect they are completely dismayed with what they are reading.

I'm all for change at the moment. We are heading for relegation and doing it in a very self deprecating way. Some obviously bizarre decisions have been made and I would like to hear more substance from the club than a load of football clichés that come across a bit too easy to say. But come on people, lets get the message across in the right way and with the respect that these people deserve. I highly doubt that a few of the people on here would even dream of saying what they have typed to G Rowley's face, yet I bet it hurts his feelings more to read it on this forum. That should be considered when typing away.

To the board:

Please read above and consider how you might want to engage the fans in order to hear our concerns and possibly take action.

I won't be posting for a while, I'm a bit fed up of being an Alty fan at the moment

ShropshireAlty

Re: Message to fans and board
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 10:26:58 AM »

Spot on from my point of view too.

Yes, the board have made some very strange decisions that appear naive in the last few weeks, but I'm also conscious I don't know the whole story as there must be a ton of things going on in the background that we don't know about but will have direct bearing on the decisions made.

I too would ask for much greater clarity from the board as we are all paying supporters and without us the club would be nothing. We all want the best for the club but do want to be treated with respect too.

While I'm being a little critical of the board (and I would say any of my comments to any person face to face so have nothing to hide behind there), I am also very conscious of the fabulous hard work they all put in on our behalf and am totally appreciative of this. I only wish I could do more to help out as I absolutely would do if I lived locally, but being an exile about 1.25 hours away it's not always too easy.

Come on chaps, let's just have some greater clarity on decisions that have been made and some fighting spirit to do everything we all possibly can to stay up and progress next season. We all want the same things after all.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 10:28:58 AM by ShropshireAlty »

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2016, 06:08:24 PM »

Well said you can't change the past but you can shape the future x
ParkINson's red and white army

roytonmike

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 06:25:26 PM »

I agree with much of what Beaver has said & in particular with his remark about people being dismayed by what they are reading & not posting at all in consequence. That's why I for one am pretty much holding my peace at the moment. I still think we can finish 20th - which would in itself be a far from negligible achievement - and that we should as fans be concentrating on supporting the team and club to that end. That's all I want to say at this time.

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 10:32:12 PM »

Was not Sinnott's biggest fan but I did not dislike him. Just not enough there for me in terms what I expect to see from players and tactics when I pay 14 quid a game. I am very much old school and need a team with passion and big hearts.

However I am very much for our board. They are Alty through and through, they make decisions for the better of the club. It is not a business, it is a passion and big family. The sports hall is impressive and one day will fund some of the clubs expenses. They stick by managers and don't get in big time charlies and they stay within a tight budget. Yes at times we needed extra players and wrong players were brought in but I have huge respect Graham and his family. May they long continue.

RedhillAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2016, 08:12:36 AM »

While I agree with this statement, the critics are way outnumbered by those of us who posted positive comments on this forum.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2016, 10:51:46 AM »

To blame Graham and his family for all the clubs problems is a bit wrong in my opinion,they have done a lot of good and are always one of the first with paint brushes in hand when jobs need doing.Geoff Goodwin got the cash side of the club sorted out after we neally went out of business due to bad debts and when he quit he handed over to someone (graham)who would keep the club Debt free.remember we live within our means,which does mean a small squad and on top of that we have had bad luck with injuries this season.I believe if these injuries had not happened we would be mid table and not looking around worrying about relegation.
next season clubs getting relegated from the 4th division will get a bigger parachute payment making it even harder for smaller clubs to do well in this league
Harold

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 05:28:20 PM »

To blame Graham and his family for all the clubs problems is a bit wrong in my opinion,they have done a lot of good and are always one of the first with paint brushes in hand when jobs need doing.Geoff Goodwin got the cash side of the club sorted out after we neally went out of business due to bad debts and when he quit he handed over to someone (graham)who would keep the club Debt free.remember we live within our means,which does mean a small squad and on top of that we have had bad luck with injuries this season.I believe if these injuries had not happened we would be mid table and not looking around worrying about relegation.
next season clubs getting relegated from the 4th division will get a bigger parachute payment making it even harder for smaller clubs to do well in this league

That highlighted section is factually incorrect though.

Losses have been reported at each of the club's last three consecutive AGMs, prompting the Chairman's recent warning.

In the words of the Chairman himself, taken from his own address to the shareholders at the club's recent AGM:

"However, it (i.e. the 2014/15 season) came at a cost to the club and as the accounts show we made a £40k loss last season, following on from a £16k loss the previous season, despite bringing in substantial funds from the transfer of Duncan Watmore to Sunderland. These losses cannot be sustained on a long-term basis and we need to look at ways of addressing these losses.

The 2015-16 budget is projected to lose £36k and, as a consequence, the Club’s cash reserves will be down to £38k by the season end, leaving little room to manoeuvre, should unforeseen circumstances arrive – and we all know what’s happened this season!"

« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 05:34:06 PM by TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe »
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team