PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 EASTBOURNE
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: EASTBOURNE  (Read 9070 times)

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: EASTBOURNE
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 02:25:23 PM »

As someone who has supported Heathcote as manager right from a certain night at Burscough some years back when loads of people were saying it was a stitch up, can I take previous years into account too?

Year 1: we were headed for relegation but finished comfortably after our hero took over.

Year 2: we got "promoted" to Conference North despite on pitch problems and a limited budget.

Year 3: the "greatest man in history" (in 2005 AD) gets us promoted with, well, not an awful lot of money (up to £2500/week by then was it?)

Year 4: we are headed for consolidation in 18th place before the Accrington error turns up.

Year 5: Having had huge preseason disruption in a mainly full time league we still come within a goal of staying up.

Year 6: See year 5. NB all this is a result of Stannerley.

Year 7: With about 10 new players we have managed a creditable start, and I would settle for our current position at the end of the season. NB Kiddy wasn't as bad as all that, reminded me very much of Nuneaton when they got a defender sent off conceding a penalty and went on to lose 3-0. We were always going to be up against it away to a full time team after that penalty was given. Having said that Saturday was much better and can hopefully set a standard.

Heathcote in!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 02:35:35 PM »

I'm not just questioning Heathcote after 6 games, I'm also taking into consideration what Alty achieved last season (thanks to Halifax). I really want Alty to stay up without relying on another club going bust, but I don't have faith in Heathcote.

Don't talk through your proverbial
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Alty365

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 02:35:47 PM »

As someone who has supported Heathcote as manager right from a certain night at Burscough some years back when loads of people were saying it was a stitch up, can I take previous years into account too?

Year 1: we were headed for relegation but finished comfortably after our hero took over.

Year 2: we got "promoted" to Conference North despite on pitch problems and a limited budget.

Year 3: the "greatest man in history" (in 2005 AD) gets us promoted with, well, not an awful lot of money (up to £2500/week by then was it?)

Year 4: we are headed for consolidation in 18th place before the Accrington error turns up.

Year 5: Having had huge preseason disruption in a mainly full time league we still come within a goal of staying up.

Year 6: See year 5. NB all this is a result of Stannerley.

Year 7: With about 10 new players we have managed a creditable start, and I would settle for our current position at the end of the season. NB Kiddy wasn't as bad as all that, reminded me very much of Nuneaton when they got a defender sent off conceding a penalty and went on to lose 3-0. We were always going to be up against it away to a full time team after that penalty was given. Having said that Saturday was much better and can hopefully set a standard.

Heathcote in!

I agree with the sentiment that he shouldn't be fired but that is the biggest load of vomit-inducing brown-tongue I have ever read.

Hugh

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 04:44:12 PM »

That's nice.
It also happens to be true.

Remember Whalley/

seasonticket

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 05:25:21 PM »

Wonderstuff was called stupid. Sorry thats not right he is not clever enough to be at the stupid level.
Alty were NOT saved by other clubs going bust but by NOT SPENDING WHAT THEY DID NOT HAVE, its called sticking to a budget you can aford.

wonderstuff

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2008, 07:35:27 PM »

Sorry, let me get this straight; so if Halifax hadn't have gone to the wall....?

Alty365

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2008, 07:44:30 PM »

That's nice.
It also happens to be true.

Remember Whalley/

What?

seasonticket

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2008, 07:56:56 PM »

You just dont get it do you. If you are not stupid you must be thicker thanthe proverbial plank.
If halifax had not gone to the wall and had a team within there spending limits. It would probably have been a poorer team and we would probably have finished above them and they would only have gone down to Conf North. We would have stayed in Conf Premier.
The very simple truth is if you get into debt some day some one is going to want their bills paying and if you cannot pay then you have to take the consequenses.
I know the above is only conjecture but on the balance of probabilities that is what happens.
Here endeth the very simplest of Economics lessons.

wonderstuff

« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2008, 09:37:52 PM »

Well done, an 'economics' lesson based on 'assumption'.

RedWhiteRedWhite

« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2008, 11:14:08 PM »

Well done, an 'economics' lesson based on 'assumption'.

Errm...with all due respect...isnt financing and thus "economics" based on forecasting....which is largely an educated word for knowledge of trends, patterns and inevitables given certain circumstances? (Assumption...if you are intelligent perhaps?)

wonderstuff

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2008, 04:00:47 AM »

....knowledge of trends, patterns and inevitables given certain circumstances?
Can this apply to Alty's form last season? 'Knowledge of trends, patterns and inevitables..'

Thanks for 'part two, advanced economics', I will sit back and wait to see where Alty are at the start of 09.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2008, 10:00:44 AM »

God what do people want,we lose a couple of AWAY games and one at home and people start shouting for the managers head.The new players are still getting used to each other for goodness sake.
Harold

Butty

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2008, 09:31:15 PM »

Think about it this way then wonderstuff. Don't know about their buyings, ect. but if they hadn't say, brought in a new striker who would score them, say 25 goals last season, and they had spent their money with the future in mind, then maybe the other man would only score, say 10 a season, which is sufficiently less, meaning they would lose more (say 1-0 may turn a 0-0, losing them a point off their final standings), and would then finish with, say at least 5 less points than they did. Which means they would have been relegated.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 EASTBOURNE