PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who Cried?
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Who Cried?  (Read 7235 times)

ArmchairAlty

Re: Who Cried?
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2014, 11:33:08 AM »

Cried my eyes out and then cried even more when I saw Ecky sobbing. Best day ever x

Hamilton

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2014, 11:36:06 AM »

Oh bloody 'ell, you just set me off again!

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2014, 06:58:05 PM »

Moist.
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

andrewflynn

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2014, 07:00:21 PM »

Me, a fair bit.

bighairedmike

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2014, 07:19:30 PM »

I was incredibly close. Although that may also have had something to do with the destruction of my flip-flops.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 07:46:26 PM »

I didn't, but I think a lot of that was because I was in mild shock to be honest.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2014, 09:10:07 PM »

Same here, I reacted more with disbelief when the goal went in, and then went into some sort of catatonic shock at what had just happened and what it actually meant - I couldn't take it in. I remember jumping up and down and Chris and I hugging each other. I then turned round with my back to the game to watch the fans in my stand, but I was in a state of shock. Funnily, I also thought that goal has got to be disallowed, this just doesn't happen to us . Then I also saw the players running towards us with manic grins on their faces!!

Great day, need to post so many articles but currently just do not have the time!!!

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2014, 09:22:59 PM »

Nearly...........but only because it's the first time I have ever been crushed on the Popside hoardings at Moss Lane.... ;D
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

ManagementGuru

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2014, 09:29:15 PM »

I have represented Great Britain in the worlds cryingest man competition, but kept a stiff upper lip yesterday.

And to mirror Steve From Sale, I looked at the ref, the linesman, back to the ref, checked the ball was actually in the back of the net, looked at the Guiseley players to see if any of them had their hands up and then saw Greg Wilkinsons shirt disappearing into the pop side.  Then the shock set in!

Stood on the pitch, and for the celebrations afterwards I wondered why I was wet.  I hadn't noticed it was raining!

Greg Wilkinson must have gone close to joe Flaherty's record for shortest time between entering field of play and getting booked!

And James Lawrie is the 2014 version of Val Owens in the playoffs last time.

And, and, and....so much more I could add - euphoria is setting in!

AltySi

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2014, 09:46:03 PM »

I did, when Wilko scored, went on for about 15 minutes, didn't think I would, but it just burst out as soon as I realised we were going to do it.

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2014, 10:26:10 PM »

Cried and hypervented
Full time and proud of it

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2014, 05:09:02 PM »

I did, when Wilko scored, went on for about 15 minutes, didn't think I would, but it just burst out as soon as I realised we were going to do it.

For the record this was unprecedented, he didn't even cry when we got married. It was absolutely mental.

thegazelle

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2014, 07:27:45 PM »

i didnt cry  i was in the jungle fishing with no credit on my phone i had enough to call corner flag for the final score . i just got we won with a last minute goal . i then reached for a bottle of rum the 8 injuns i was with did not understand me running yes running (well waddling fast) round the camp slurping rum . tried to relate it to bangalore winning the ipl but was met with a shrug and some head wobbles .

the atmosphere didnt even match india beating pakistan in the world cup semi final !!!! strange folk

as manager of the fishing camp in think it went down as a tad strange
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Who Cried?