Advanced search  

News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 As one linesman once refered 'donkey lashers' Blackpool FC...

Author Topic: As one linesman once refered 'donkey lashers' Blackpool FC...  (Read 3964 times)

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

this may or may not be of interest to people but anyway.. here goes. yesterday i went to wembley to witness Blackpool beat Yeovil 2-0. the stadium is fantastic and everyone concerned deserves a pat on the back. from the tube station at wembley park and the ground and back everything was well organised. there was a good atmosphere there even with 59,313 in a 90,000 capacity staduim. Blackpool look well organised and quite strong although im sure life will be very different in the championship. I have seen Blackpool maybe 20 times ish over 10 years and ive always thought they were league 2 (maccs league) material, but credit where credits due they totally deserve to go up- and with a best club 10 game winning run as well. I also spoke with yeovil fans who, of course, remember their days in the GMVC, it gives me goose pimples to realise what such a wide spread club we are. commiserations to Yeovil and well done to Blackpool.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: As one linesman once refered 'donkey lashers' Blackpool FC...
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 08:00:11 PM »

also, if anyone wishes to view some pictures I took of the day check... www.myspace.com/jonathanmoore07 and see the slide show. I really hope to be watching Alty at wembley in some sort of capacity in the near future

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 08:05:28 PM »

Glad you enjoyed it mate. How long is the walk from Wembley Park to the stadium? I'm going to the England v Brazil game on Friday night and I've got to rush there after work.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 08:09:58 PM »

i'd say ten minutes to the turnstile, i got friggin soaked walking from the station :-)

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 08:12:41 PM »

Cheers mate! I can't wait to see the place. I saw it from outside last year when I went to Wembley Arena to see Madness but due to it being dark and me being severely inebriated it was hard to get a proper idea what it was like.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 08:15:34 PM »

enjoy it, is it a sell out ? 90,000 ? if so it'll be rocking, due to the layout the sound echo's round.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 08:23:25 PM »

Yeah it's a 90,000 sell out.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 08:56:13 PM »

I firmly suspect that I am in the minority here....but I have to say that the attraction of watching England play in a Friendly International (no matter who the opposition are) escapes me completely!

Give me Cheadle Town v Alty in the Cheshire Senior Cup instead any day....
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 09:01:02 PM »

I agree upon the fact there is a fine line between a competitve league/cup game (Cheadle) at any level and a friendly game (wembley) which the 'occasion' and not the game/teams playing comes into it.

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 09:02:51 PM »

this may or may not be of interest to people but anyway.. here goes. yesterday i went to wembley to witness Blackpool beat Yeovil 2-0. the stadium is fantastic and everyone concerned deserves a pat on the back. from the tube station at wembley park and the ground and back everything was well organised. there was a good atmosphere there even with 59,313 in a 90,000 capacity staduim. Blackpool look well organised and quite strong although im sure life will be very different in the championship. I have seen Blackpool maybe 20 times ish over 10 years and ive always thought they were league 2 (maccs league) material, but credit where credits due they totally deserve to go up- and with a best club 10 game winning run as well. I also spoke with yeovil fans who, of course, remember their days in the GMVC, it gives me goose pimples to realise what such a wide spread club we are. commiserations to Yeovil and well done to Blackpool.

pleased  for blackpool as  i have relatives from there , i bet they cant wait for pne

bighairedmike

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 09:07:21 PM »

England-Brazil should be great, the first match at the new wembley with (probably) the roof on and playing under the lights. Should be a great atmosphere and a good game.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 As one linesman once refered 'donkey lashers' Blackpool FC...