PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 andy scott signed on
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: andy scott signed on  (Read 5017 times)

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
andy scott signed on
« on: May 23, 2007, 08:05:08 PM »

according to messenger

Altyant

Re: andy scott signed on
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 08:52:32 PM »

At the risk of being peaked - if we do not get a reprieve he may be able to do a better job in the Conf North. The Conf National seemed a step too high for him.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 09:02:01 PM »

From the Messenger:

"They were joined by promising striker Pat McFadden and versatile defender Andy Scott in signing on and Heathcote believes his squad for the new season is now virtually complete."

Please, please....somebody reassure me that this news about Andy Scott is a journalistic error.
"Versatile defender"?
You must be joking!

From the Messenger:

"People will be asking why has he kept him?' or why has he not kept him?' but my belief is that if these players were good enough for the Conference, they are good enough for the Conference North."

He wasn't anywhere near good enough for the Conference, as anyone who suffered that afternoon at Southport would surely testify.

HUGELY disappointing news.

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Nasha

• Regular First Team
  • Rocky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 10:03:00 PM »

I'm sure Graham will be looking for a really good full backs during the summer.However,finances dictate we can only get such and such standard player. Andy Scott got a bit of unfair stick imo last season.Yes,I agree he isn't Conference standard,but he might be a good squad player. He had a good game at St Albans in the middle of midfield,and lets face it,we are facing the likes of Redditch and Gainsborough,not Oxford and York.In an ideal world we'd like someone the class of Yates, but I think it's a good idea to get those who were here last season commited to the cause first,so we have players in place incase we don't get the players we'd like to.
'Life isn't fair.If is was,it would be called fair.But it's not.It's called life'

Tony Adams after Euro 96

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 10:12:56 PM »

He wasn't anywhere near good enough for the Conference, as anyone who suffered that afternoon at Southport would surely testify.

He wasn't as bad as Aspinall!

As a  left back not good enough got BS national, BS North don't know. As a left sided midfielder I'd give him chance esp. as Chlamers hasn't put pen to paper
Full time and proud of it

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 10:20:50 PM »

He had a good game at St Albans in the middle of midfield,

we are facing the likes of Redditch and Gainsborough,not Oxford and York.

So Andy had one half decent game, he came in for stick for being rubbish. Maybe a bit harsh, but we should really be looking to improve the side by getting rid of the worst players and bringing in some fresh talent. At the moment we simply havent done it. GH says he wants a squad of 16.
So:
Coburn, Acton

Rose, Munroe, Peyton, Talbot, A. Scott, Aspinal

Bushell, Owen, Lawton

Little, Thornley, McFadden, O'Neill

I make that 15, with only chalmers to say yey or nay.

Still need a left back, central defender and a midfeilder i think.

As a  left back not good enough got BS national, BS North don't know. As a left sided midfielder I'd give him chance esp. as Chlamers hasn't put pen to paper
Isnt Peyton gonna be pissed off at playing LB again?? ??

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 10:42:20 PM »

This time last year many people were perplexed that Karl Munroe remained at the club after some poor performances. Perhaps Andy Scott deserves that same chance?

Just a thought, but I'm sure Graham wouldn't keep someone at the club who he felt was a complete liability.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 10:54:21 PM »

This time last year many people were perplexed that Karl Munroe remained at the club after some poor performances. Perhaps Andy Scott deserves that same chance?

Munroe had a good two thirds of the season...but his form deteriorated in the final third of the season when he amassed far too many bookings and developed an unfortunate habit of conceding ridiculous penalties.

In my view, Andy Scott was a very poor signing last year and I am dismayed to learn that we have retained him.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 10:57:18 PM »

The previous week's SAM report stating we had offered Chris Senior the chance to stay proved unfounded. Maybe the same is true of Andy Scott.

This could offer you some hope yet!  :)

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 11:51:29 PM »

We are desperate I feel, and the squad in my opinion is not big enough for next year?

Unfortunately A Scott cost us a few points in the three games he played at LB, but it appears nobody wants to sign for us?

I hope I am proved wrong, and I will still be purchasing my season ticket.

teasybeaver

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 07:41:30 AM »

Just a thought, but I'm sure Graham wouldn't keep someone at the club who he felt was a complete liability.

Cant really disagree with this. I think we should have faith in the manager, he gets it right on a regular basis!

Only saw Scott play twice last season and to be fair he wasnt the best, but he wasnt the worst and it was a big step up. Maybe now he'll be more settled and comfortable in BSN.

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 08:22:36 AM »

Any news of Gary Scott?

markecky

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 08:54:26 AM »

GH said G Scott had to prove he had overcome his injury problems so I reckon that he will not sign until a few games into the pre season

Red N White Dynamite

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 11:20:56 AM »

For his sake, I hope Gary Scott is able to prove his fitness and do a job for us next year. Genuinely top bloke and an Alty legend in my opinion.

Jenga

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2007, 12:47:21 PM »

I have tried to keep up with all the posts but am missing some information I think

What has happened to the following

Robbie Lawton - signed?
Chris Senior - gone back to Halifax?
Kieran Lugsden - out on loan?

I think I follow all the other players ok.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 andy scott signed on