PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Band signs for...
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Band signs for...  (Read 4979 times)

Jimmy Hill

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Band signs for...
« on: May 23, 2007, 01:24:34 AM »

...Hyde.

It's come as a bit of a shock if I'm honest.
WTF why do you need some sort of drug to have a good time at a party ffs

markecky

Re: Band signs for...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 08:23:07 AM »

Come on Jimmy, he didn't have a club when he left.  He just left.

Daft thing was that we all know that Hyde is his club and thats  where he'd go, especially as they are throwing around some signing on fees again.  Who can blame himI suppose but fair play on the kidology.

Knutsford Alty

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 10:20:14 AM »

Its hardly a shock  ;)

COME ON ALTY (and LIVERPOOL)

mrsband

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 10:55:54 PM »

Come on Jimmy, he didn't have a club when he left.  He just left.

Daft thing was that we all know that Hyde is his club and thats  where he'd go, especially as they are throwing around some signing on fees again.  Who can blame himI suppose but fair play on the kidology.

You obviously didnt know Bandy very well then, thats SO not the reason he chose Hyde. And anyway, ARE they 'throwing around' signing on fees? Love to know your source, perhaps they can get one for Bandy!

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 11:52:59 PM »

What WAS the reason then??? Mrs band

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 12:09:27 AM »

hyde was where he started, its his home club my guess is that like col little he planned to go back at some point and now we are at the same level and he's 33 it seems like as good a time as any

mrsband

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 12:30:42 AM »

hyde was where he started, its his home club my guess is that like col little he planned to go back at some point and now we are at the same level and he's 33 it seems like as good a time as any
Thanks, couldn't have put it better myself!
Also, just wanted to make the point that not everyone goes for the money thats all.

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 12:36:30 AM »

i would, i'd take it and run like the wind... if it wasn't alty that is!! lol but if someone offered me more money at another company to do the job i know i am good @ i'd go

markecky

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 12:36:45 AM »

Isn't that what I said?  Hyde is his club, he was always goiubg to end up there.

I bet he is on more money at Hyde than at Alty though.

Not saying thats why he went but if you are trying to kid me that Hyde dont pay big money then I'm not having it!

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 08:58:23 AM »

hes 33 , played for hyde before , lives in or near hyde , possibly  more money -cant blame him really

mrsband

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 10:00:28 AM »

Hyde probably are paying more money this season, apparently they are 'going for it'. Some players will consider money as a priority (and i dont blame them) when choosing where to play. There were players at Alty on more than Bandy.
Hyde have offered more money to Bandy for the last three seasons, but each time he chose to stay at Alty (other than the blip we would all like to forget!).
This time, its not that much different, but he felt it was the right time for HIM to leave. Nothing sinister, just decided to make that decision.
I personally wouldnt get too carried away with who is paying what, if a club have a squad of committed players, who will do their very best, the money is a matter between them and the manager.
I bet some clubs pay shed loads to players thinking they have got quality, but that player might not be arsed once he has his contract.
Anyway, we could probably go on forever with this one. Like you said Hyde was probably always going to be the only place he'd have left Alty for, and they are a decent club.
Now Droylsden would have been another story...........................................!!

lukealty12

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 12:35:02 PM »

good look bandy

bighairedmike

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 01:12:39 PM »

i would, i'd take it and run like the wind... if it wasn't alty that is!! lol but if someone offered me more money at another company to do the job i know i am good @ i'd go

who are you kidding? ;)

Amsterdam Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 01:15:57 PM »

who are you kidding? ;)

Motherf**ker...

Stockportalty

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 12:59:08 PM »

Bandy is one of those players that as fans we will always remember, like others that have moved on over the years. We will miss him, Mrs Band and Bandy junior of course, but its not as if we won't see them. I want to wish him good luck and look forward to seeing them in the bar on Boxing Day or New Years Day maybe??
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Band signs for...