PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Welcome back, Nicky Clee
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Welcome back, Nicky Clee  (Read 7017 times)

bumble

Welcome back, Nicky Clee
« on: December 16, 2016, 11:53:36 AM »

John Edwards, Press and Media Officer, writes: "Altrincham are delighted to announce that Nicky Clee is returning to the J.Davidson Stadium to rejoin the club and bolster their bid to stay in the Vanarama National League North.
It came as a setback to everyone connected with Alty when their efforts to resign the popular, talented winger were thwarted by rivals Harrogate Town, who won the battle to land him from Vanarama National League side Guiseley just over a month ago.

But Harrogate agreed to a request to cancel his contract on Friday, leaving the way clear for interim boss Matt Doughty to move in and make him an Alty player for a second time. Clee completed the formalities late on Friday morning and is available for Alty's Vanarama National League North game with Stockport County at Edgeley Park on Saturday.

More on this story, including quotes from Nicky, will hopefully follow shortly."
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 11:59:31 AM by NWT Alty »

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome back, Nicky Clee
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 11:56:16 AM »

First time my boy has asked to go and watch Alty for a while 😊
Thanks Nicky

RON MANAGER

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 11:58:35 AM »

result...hopefully we can start to climb out of this pit in the new year

Ashley Alty

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 12:14:53 PM »

I kept his parking space warm

What a Christmas present 

Mr. Walshaw next?  Perhaps wishing for too much.

Walking in an Alty Wonderland.....
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 12:20:53 PM by Opposite Alty »

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 12:25:09 PM »

Great news.

This will put Miller as a cf.
Full time and proud of it

bumble

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2016, 12:42:48 PM »

John Edwards, Press and Media Officer, writes: Nicky Clee has spoken of his delight at rejoining Altrincham and admitted the club is 'in my blood.' The talented winger, a huge crowd favourite in his first spell at The J.Davidson Stadium, became an Alty player for a second time on Friday morning and goes straight into interim manager Matt Doughty's squad for Saturday's Vanarama National League North fixture at Stockport County.

Reflecting on a whirlwind 24 hours that began with Harrogate Town agreeing to cancel his contract and ended with Alty adding his attacking flair to their bid to escape relegation trouble, Clee delivered an upbeat assessment of his fitness, after persistent groin problems last year, and said:

'I just can't wait to get going again in Alty colours. It's like a lot of our supporters say, the club gets in your blood. Lots of them have told me that over the years, and it's clearly the same with me. Five or six clubs other were interested in signing me when I left Guiseley just over a month ago, but I haven't spoken to any of them. Once I knew Buzz (Matt Doughty) wanted me, that was it.
'It just didn't work out at Harrogate, which was a shame, but I'm not dwelling on that, because all I'm concerned about now is pulling on an Alty shirt again and helping us sort that league position out. It wasn't the 3g pitch. That wasn't a problem at all, and, to be fair, it's a well-run club with a great board and admin set-up. In fact, everything about my release was sorted in the space of a few hours, so I can't speak highly enough of them. It was just one of those things, really. I played the first few games, but then there was a change of formation, which altered things a bit. On top of that, they had a lot of attacking options, so all in all, I wasn't playing as much as I want to or need to.

'After the injury problems I had last year and all I went through to put them right, I want to be playing. It's not good for me to be inactive, so I spoke to them about it yesterday. They agreed it would be in the best interests of both parties to take this decision, and we parted on the best of terms.

'I've now spoken to Buzz, and it came as no surprise to me that by the end of the conversation, I couldn't wait to play for him again. I know Buzz from way back, and it just strikes me we've got the right people in charge, with him, Robbie Lawton and Graham Heathcote, three Alty people through and through.

'Buzz said he wanted me back at the club, and there wasn't much chance I was going to say no. You don't say no to Buzz. I am coming back because of people like him and Robbie and Graham. They care about the club and have got Alty's interests and wellbeing at heart.

'As I say, I can't wait to get started again, and I'll be ready to play a part against Stockport, if selected. I had a couple of operations between February and April, had a good pre-season and have had no real issues at all since. It's just a case of looking after things and being sensible, but, touch wood, there have been no problems at all. The 3g pitch was a good test for how the joints and muscles were standing up to games, and honestly it was absolutely fine.

'The league position doesn't look good, but the only way is up, particularly with the organisation Buzz, Robbie and Graham will bring to the team. For me, the club looks like it's in good hands. We've got good players going forward, so with that improved organisation at the back, I'm confident we can start climbing the table.'

Nicky's arrival follows the recent signing of experienced midfielder Gary Jones and left-back Kyle Brownhill, but the striker the club put seven days' notice in for has decided to remain with his present club.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 12:46:02 PM by Altrincham Social »

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 12:57:21 PM »

I went mad at the original press release when he signed for Harrogate but that's much much better.

All the relevant news and upbeat stuff first and then the piece of bad news buried at the bottom in a minimal sentence.

As it should be

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 12:58:08 PM »

Amazing news. I would play Clee out left and Miller right with Lawrie behind Reeves. Again not bothered what people think of Heathcote but he stated to a friend of mine at training that you won't see a lack of effort in these players now. He has Alty blood and will help Buzz and Robbie to get these players up the table. Come on boys let's now fight.

dunhamalty

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 01:06:35 PM »

Great news! Shame about the striker but onwards and upwards!

Jezza

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 01:16:05 PM »

he came back to Alty

Nicky, Nicky Clee....

York Alty is back

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 02:03:17 PM »

I may be a lost voice in the wilderness here, but I'm not so sure.  BUT... massive hypocrite that I am, I have just checked out the leage table to see how far adrift we are.  Not done that in months.

Quick Edit - feck - 12 points adrift. Get yer shooting boots on Nicky.

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 02:05:39 PM »

Welcome back Nicky. Home again!

Macsporran

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 04:05:16 PM »

Great news to have Nicky back, with Dens also back playing again - and playing great too -  we are beginning to look like a solid team again.

There simply has to be an improvement in our fortunes now, there seems to be a real buzz about the place (sorry for the pun) and for once I am actually looking forward to the game tomorrow. Reading between the lines, I think Buzz has had a major influence in Nicky's decision to come back.....so the decision to appoint him is surely justified by this signing alone.

I hope we take as many as possible to Edgeley tomorrow and show some fight and passion. Everyone is talking a good game, let's see if they can play one.

Come on Alty

Jenga

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 04:09:19 PM »

Was going to the game tomorrow with a supplier, now i am actually going to the game tomorrow with a supplier and looking forward to the game not just the beer.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 04:39:24 PM »

Ho Ho Ho. Saint Nicholas has arrived early this year. Never mind all those kids, just give us old bastards a Happy 2017 fella..  ;)

Welcome back.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Welcome back, Nicky Clee