https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 REEVES
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: REEVES  (Read 7002 times)

Red robin

REEVES
« on: November 30, 2014, 02:58:05 PM »

Reeves needs help up front,Kyle does ok but if we had other options we would get more goals.Dale Johnson could be a great signing for us.Hes played for us before and Reevsie scored loads of goals,Alty getting results now,we should be ok for a mid table place,by the end of the season.CUM ON ALTY KEEP IT GOING..........................Altrincham fan,come on the ROBINS..................

Jimmy

Re: REEVES
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 03:05:04 PM »

In my opinion we probably have to sacrifice the scoring of reeves to pack the midfield to be fair he has scored plenty anyway but I do see were your coming from also not sure dale could do it at this level now

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 03:07:30 PM »

Dale is well past it now.

GB Alty

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2014, 03:14:57 PM »

In my opinion we probably have to sacrifice the scoring of reeves to pack the midfield to be fair he has scored plenty anyway but I do see were your coming from also not sure dale could do it at this level now
I quite like the look of Reeves with Lawrie just behind him, think it's the way forward - although we could do with another option against the lower more physical teams where I think we need more of a physical presence up front - and by that I don't mean Perry

Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 03:22:33 PM »

The thing for me uday if you play 2 uptop lawrie becomes a winger and it's like having 10 men

GB Alty

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2014, 03:24:59 PM »

The thing for me uday if you play 2 uptop lawrie becomes a winger and it's like having 10 men
fully agree Jimmy, plan B doesn't include Lawrie - but plan A does, he was our best player yesterday

Hamilton

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2014, 04:03:46 PM »

Dale Johnson? Where's Chris Senior?

andrewflynn

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2014, 04:21:44 PM »

James Lawrie can be outstanding in the centre-forward role against sides who are also going to play football. As someone else has said, I thought he was terrific yesterday because he had the freedom to be involved in the game - that benefits Reevesey more than anyone because the likelihood of chances increases.

The problem for me is when we play sides who perhaps aren't as technical and we end up going a bit more direct, Lawrie has to be sacrificed because without some kind of physical presence up top we'd be selling ourselves short - that's where Kyle is likely to come in and do his job. To be fair to Kyle he's not doing it too badly at all.

For our first season in the Conference I don't think we'd have been able to pick up a better player for the job he does. Look at who we've had play that role in the past few seasons at this level: Dale Johnson, John McAliskey, Joe O'Neill, Jody Banim, Peter Thomson... off the top of my head. I can't say with confidence that any were significantly better than Perry is right now.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 04:27:13 PM by An Arabian Investor »

The Red Baron

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2014, 04:35:52 PM »

Perry gets a lot of stick, but he puts twice the shift in Johnson ever did and is a superior player in my opinion.

The last time we had two quality strikers at this level prior to this season, it was Little and Thornley.

Jimmy

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2014, 04:36:24 PM »

I'm never sure about this physical b physical tactic if I was a 6 foot plus well built defender I'd want to play against like for like not someone less powerful with a lot of skill also in your list banim was not that sort of player he just looked that way because he was so unfit when we first had dale he was better than perry but I certainly wouldn't want him back time has moved on

Jimmy

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2014, 04:37:07 PM »

Perry gets a lot of stick, but he puts twice the shift in Johnson ever did and is a superior player in my opinion.

The last time we had two quality strikers at this level prior to this season, it was Little and Thornley.
Thornley was not quality at this level

Jimmy

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2014, 04:48:41 PM »

In a thread about reevesy he isn't getting another credit so I will say what a class act he is

GolfRoader

• Regular First Team
  • We are Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2014, 05:04:18 PM »

Reeves is an absolute talisman. 11 league goals already is fantastic, never thought we'd properly replace Little but Reeves is just as good if not better imo. He could have had 2 or 3 yesterday so it's not as if he doesn't get the chances but I agree that whilst being played up front on his own isn't ideal for him, it is for the team at the moment.

Jimmy

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2014, 05:12:58 PM »

Different players little gave you more reeves more prolific

Hamilton

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2014, 05:22:46 PM »

Every team needs at least 1 player to regularly knock the ball into the net; we could not get many better than Reevesy to do this.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 REEVES