PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A heads up for the club for the stockport friendly
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A heads up for the club for the stockport friendly  (Read 7022 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: A heads up for the club for the stockport friendly
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 05:53:06 PM »

Fkn great .. just what we didnt want to read..

Will think twice about going to the game against them now... Im not prepared to put the misses through that sh*t

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 05:55:34 PM »

I wouldnt worry ray im sure we will be segregated and have a police presence for such a high profile game, sad for a friendly but im sure
the GMP will have this one on their radar

York Alty

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 06:00:14 PM »

why the feck should the GMP have to put rozzers on for a bloody friendly!  what a state of affairs when it gets to that level.

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 06:02:00 PM »

I wouldnt worry ray im sure we will be segregated and have a police presence for such a high profile game, sad for a friendly but im sure
the GMP will have this one on their radar

If a police presence is needed in advance the club will have to pay for it which is not cheap..........Would it be worth it for a friendly. I know half the stewards are on holiday for this game
to which they probably planned before they knew the friendly fixtures.
The police presence at yesterdays game was due to information received from Merseyside police before the game so they kept passing interest on the game which wouldn't cost the club money
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 06:12:00 PM by Darren »
@AltyDaz

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 06:36:18 PM »

get it played at edgeley park

Narcissist

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 08:13:28 PM »

Says both sets of fans wanted it. Thankfully that won't be the case at Alty.

Let's not bait them on here either. I'm sure it will all pass by once they realise we aren't into any of that.

Jenga

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 08:22:52 PM »

Screw that.

One thing is for sure, i now wont be going to this game.

Not worth the hassle to be honest.

markecky

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »

Can we just get a little bit of perspective on it.

From what I have read 15 county fans and and 15 Buxton fans were stood in two groups chanting at each other in an unsegregated game.  It got a bit heated and a few scuffles broke out with a few Buxton fans giving as good as they got.  There was one bloke in an EDL T-shirt in the bar before hand.

There was a fair few hundred Stockport fans who watched the game and went home.

I believe they should be a police presence there as there could be a 1000 county fans at the game.  Yes it will cost some money but sadly its part of football these days.

There will be no one to fight with or chant against at Alty.

Please don't deprive your own club of much needed funds on the back of an isolated incident.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 08:49:28 PM by markecky »

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 08:56:31 PM »

From what I have read 15 county fans and and 15 Buxton fans were stood in two groups chanting at each other in an unsegregated game.  It got a bit heated and a few scuffles broke out with a few Buxton fans giving as good as they got.  There was one bloke in an EDL T-shirt in the bar before hand.

I believe they should be a police presence there as there could be a 1000 county fans at the game.  Yes it will cost some money but sadly its part of football these days.

Please don't deprive your own club of much needed funds on the back of an isolated incident.

Top post.........anyone coming for trouble will have a wasted journey
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

Altyant

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 09:00:04 PM »

Completely agree Ecky

Jezza

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 05:41:42 AM »

To be fair lots of embarassed comments from the true county fans there, they seem a decent bunch.....in any group of 200 or more exuberant football fans there will be the odd nutters.......lets not over hype this and get tesocs shut for the day....

taxi Phil

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 08:23:18 AM »

To be fair lots of embarassed comments from the true county fans there, they seem a decent bunch.....in any group of 200 or more exuberant football fans there will be the odd nutters.......lets not over hype this and get tesocs shut for the day....
Storm.........teacup..........end of.

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 09:11:43 AM »

There was some police presence for Mads Testimonial (mind suppose a lot of scousers in one place ... he he) but did that deter anyone from staying for the match, I would hope not ?

From reading comments from various websites it was 6 of one and half a dozen of the other and it was between two sets who 'fancied it'... Remember a few years a go when we played Millwall?, that went ok and they have an 'interesting' history of violence.

Don't ever let incidents between other clubs stop you going football, cos if that was the case you could find reasons to not go to practically every match... Bishop Auckland would be crossed off the list first of course, which is not a bad thing !  ;)

Countytom1989

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 10:29:52 PM »

Hey folks. Im countytom the guy who started the above post on county heaven.

I was at buxton on saturday and Like I said it did kill the atmosphere in the first half and did leave a bitter taste. I hope that it does not put people off going in a couple of weeks time. It was a small incident and it was down to 15/20 people decideding the want to kick seven bells out of each other. This was because they were unsegregated and the stewards wernt really trained to deal with that sort of incident.

From what I have read on here I dont think that sort of thuggary will happen at moss lane as I am guessing your stewards and the police will be keeping an eye on things. The majority of us are not "hooligans" we are football fans and I am personnaly looking forward to visiting the Moss lane and helping a fellow club out with a big gate. I really hope that GMP dont over react on the policing side of things. At new mills away there were two coppers walking around the ground and no trouble happend inside the ground and it was a good atmosphere. Also can anyone tell me if there are any decent pubs that would let us county fans in so we can enjoy a couple before the game?
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 A heads up for the club for the stockport friendly