PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crawley
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Crawley  (Read 7040 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Crawley
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2010, 07:42:08 PM »

There was a helicopter circling overhead at Woodley this afternoon.  I thought it was Steve Evans with his fkn cheque book   ;)

VofD

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2010, 08:54:38 PM »

FAO all coach companies in Crawley area.

If approached by Crawley Town FC, make sure you ask for the money upfront. ;) ;) ;)

taxi Phil

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2010, 09:05:56 PM »

Evans has been through the "getting into the League" scenario at Boston United - and look what happened to THEM !

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2010, 07:21:58 PM »

I noticed that in the Non League Paper today there is an article where Crawley manager says all the sudden cash available wont change him as a manager !!!

Ah well .. Once a T**t always a T**t eh  :D

Dougals Dad

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2010, 07:32:37 PM »

I noticed that in the Non League Paper today there is an article where Crawley manager says all the sudden cash available wont change him as a manager !!!

Ah well .. Once a T**t always a T**t eh   :D

Indeed, he needs to change to become a member of the human race (as opposed to just being a member!)

jimmyhank

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2010, 11:24:11 PM »

From main website:

Not content with spending £170,000 in transfer fees, plus handsome wages, to acquire Argentinian Sergio Torres from Peterborough United and Matt Tubbs from Salisbury, plus six other new signings, the NL Paper reports that Crawley boss Steve Evans has made a "mega money move for star midfielder Kevin Keane" from Luton Town believed to be in excess of £100,000. The paper adds "Crawley are also prepared to push the boat out on the player's wages" and Evans confirmed that "Crawley have lodged bids for three more players". This comes after a £150,000 bid for Tomlin from Rushden was turned down. The £100K paid for Torres "is the highest a non-League club has paid for a player in nearly ten years" says the NL Paper.

Aussie Bob

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 02:50:58 AM »

They will be stuffed if they dont go up and everyone jumps off the bandwagon....considering they finished 7th last year i am not sure that they need to completely replace the team with big signings?..might take some time for them to play together as a team. I thought that Fleetwood would be the big spenders this year but Crawley are really taking the p*ss this year.....

At least Steve Evans cant crap on about how small his budget is this year ...

I predict they will offer 7 p in the pound to their creditors when they go bump ...

taxi Phil

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2010, 06:00:33 AM »

I predict they will offer 7 p in the pound to their creditors when they go bump ...
[/quote

At the ridiculous rate they're spending at, 3p. in the pound might be pushing it,

gazwarrington

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
  • ALTY FC - LOVING AGM'S SINCE 2006
    • View Profile
    • www.altyfans.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010, 08:59:56 AM »

Just means Evans will be even worse when they lose .. Oh joy.. Going to end in tears... I give it til November before "Does Crawley not want a successful football club, Where are the fans' ??

wonderstuff

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2010, 10:02:20 AM »

I was having a snoop around on the very Grim-sby fans forum and found this:

Sorry bout this lads but ive just found out that the person pumping all the money into Crawley is the same person who is bank rolling Man City..This info comes from a reliable source involved with Crawley.Been told that he has picked a non-league club to do a Wimbledon and go up thro the leagues.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2010, 10:44:58 AM »

I was having a snoop around on the very Grim-sby fans forum and found this:

Sorry bout this lads but ive just found out that the person pumping all the money into Crawley is the same person who is bank rolling Man City..This info comes from a reliable source involved with Crawley.Been told that he has picked a non-league club to do a Wimbledon and go up thro the leagues.

Talking of Man City, I heard that they put a bid in for Raoul Moat last Friday........

They hadn't seen or heard of him before but as everyone else was after him they thought they should put a bid in !!  ;D  ;D

Dougals Dad

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2010, 05:41:19 PM »

Crawley & Evans high in the popularity stakes again!
From BBC website: Luton boss Richard Money slams Crawley's Steve Evans 

Money has made it clear Keith Keane is not leaving the club
Luton Town manager Richard Money has hit out at Crawley Town boss Steve Evans for publicly stating his interest in midfielder Keith Keane.

Money has laughed off Evans's claim he is preparing a "six-figure" bid for the 23-year-old midfielder.

He told BBC Three Counties Radio: "When they put a bid in, I'll tell them where to go in no uncertain terms.

"Steve Evans is trying to be clever. I wouldn't call it mind games. I'd call it petty, ridiculous rubbish."

He added: "I don't think Keith Keane wants to play in front of 700 people. (I especially liked this bit!)

"We've had no bid for Keith Keane, from Crawley or anybody else."

I've been chasing him for a while to be honest. He's got great experience, and he's economical and sensible both with and without the ball

Luton boss Richard Money on trialist Ciaran Toner
The prospect of the Hatters letting the academy product leave the club seems unlikely, considering he signed a new two-year contract just one month ago.

"I'm hearing they're going to make a six-figure bid. So, I presume we'll get a bid on 13 August for £100,001," Money continued.

"That's clever, isn't it? Unless the number starts with a nine, they can forget it."

Butty

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2010, 05:47:57 PM »

Crawley & Evans high in the popularity stakes again!
From BBC website: Luton boss Richard Money slams Crawley's Steve Evans 

Money has made it clear Keith Keane is not leaving the club
Luton Town manager Richard Money has hit out at Crawley Town boss Steve Evans for publicly stating his interest in midfielder Keith Keane.

Money has laughed off Evans's claim he is preparing a "six-figure" bid for the 23-year-old midfielder.

He told BBC Three Counties Radio: "When they put a bid in, I'll tell them where to go in no uncertain terms.

"Steve Evans is trying to be clever. I wouldn't call it mind games. I'd call it petty, ridiculous rubbish."

He added: "I don't think Keith Keane wants to play in front of 700 people. (I especially liked this bit!)

"We've had no bid for Keith Keane, from Crawley or anybody else."

I've been chasing him for a while to be honest. He's got great experience, and he's economical and sensible both with and without the ball

Luton boss Richard Money on trialist Ciaran Toner
The prospect of the Hatters letting the academy product leave the club seems unlikely, considering he signed a new two-year contract just one month ago.

"I'm hearing they're going to make a six-figure bid. So, I presume we'll get a bid on 13 August for £100,001," Money continued.

"That's clever, isn't it? Unless the number starts with a nine, they can forget it."

I bid 9p ;)

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2010, 10:06:31 AM »

Have now signed Chris Flood from Salisbury city for £10000
Harold
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crawley