PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crawley
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Crawley  (Read 7046 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Crawley
« on: July 06, 2010, 05:16:07 PM »

Sign rotherham united captain pablo mills,leads his team out to a playoff final and then signs for a small nonleague club at the other end of the country,this crawley tale just gets sillier by the day....

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Crawley
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 06:05:58 PM »

Maybe they have offered him a good package (wages etc)

taxi Phil

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 08:06:25 PM »

He played 14 games on loan to Crawley in 2007. Reading his Wikipedia entry, he appears to have an ongoing weight problem......................

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 08:32:09 PM »

He played 14 games on loan to Crawley in 2007. Reading his Wikipedia entry, he appears to have an ongoing weight problem......................

I'll give Steve Evans's a bell. I have an ongoing weight problem, you never know your luck and he's got pots of fkn dosh now  ;)

we can always drag him into Barney's when Crawley visit us  :D
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 08:38:31 PM by distancetraveller »

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 09:44:13 PM »

Some of the stuff coming out of Crawley is absolutley astonishing.

£150,000 bid turned down for Brodie - if that'd come off they'd have had two strikers upfront for which they paid a quarter of a MILLION pounds !!

I truly hope when (not if) the tree at the end of the garden stops sprucing notes nobody shows one inch of sympathy.

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 10:48:53 PM »

Heres one from the BBC website
Crawley sign Peterborough winger Sergio Torres on a two-year-deal for a fee believed to be around £100,000.
Harold

York Alty

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 11:03:07 PM »

100k - for fecks sake this is nonsense.  They have every right to splash the cash if they have it, and players will flock around like flies round a dog egg BUT surely this is unsustainable.  There is insufficient income, current account stuff, to pay wages for this level of player.  This is finanical lunacy and I for one am grateful that Alty don't behave like these bloody idiots.  They may enjoy their day in the sun but long term they are creating a nightmare for themselves.

Aussie Bob

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 07:11:15 AM »

Fair enough they want to be in football league and they have somehow scored some money short term to pay ridiculous amounts ..but what do they really expect when they get there ? It might be the promised land but its hardly going to fill their coffers with gold ? 100 k for a non league team to pay a transfer for a player....bloody hell

taxi Phil

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 07:41:54 AM »

I actually "blame" Dagenham & Redbridge for a lot of this lunacy. Because they've got into League 1 with such small gates, and in such a short time, the Crawleys of this World think it's simple.

BUT.....Dagenham have operated sensibly within their budget limitations, and achieved success that I didn't see coming, and which they deserve. For every Dagenaham, there'll be half a dozen Crawleys I'm afraid.

seasonticket

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 08:29:31 AM »

I am thinking about moving to Crawley. It would appear that the credit crunch and recession have by-passed the place.
Words have not yet been invented to adequately describe the stupidity of paying £100,000 by a non-league club for a player

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 09:04:31 AM »

When even Barcelona are taking out massive loans to pay their players, this sort of behaviour is madness.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 11:22:12 AM »

if the movers and shakers at Creepy have genuinely got the funding to sustain all of this then ok... However if they havent then there fall from grace will be of great magnitude and they will not get one bit of sympathy off me..

If all that I read is correct in that  they have a club owned by a consortium that is millions of pounds of debt and a tax dodging manager it doesnt read too well does it..

Personally,, I would much rather have Mr Goodwin &  Mr Heathcote, and the loyal staff of Alty any day of the week....

Mallorca Alty

• Regular First Team
  • aka Cestrian Alty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2010, 12:05:32 PM »

The Post office and the stationers in Crawley must be doing well with their sales of brown envelopes
They really should be beating teams like us

chesteralty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2010, 03:09:46 PM »

Their website seems fairly confident about the season ahead.

'We are about to embark on what will be the most successful season in the clubs history. 'Project Promotion' gets underway tomorrow when Millwall visit The Broadfield Stadium.'

I know I shouldn't but I would laugh my socks off if it all went pear shaped!!

blackpoolalty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2010, 03:52:26 PM »

Their website seems fairly confident about the season ahead.

'We are about to embark on what will be the most successful season in the clubs history. 'Project Promotion' gets underway tomorrow when Millwall visit The Broadfield Stadium.'

I know I shouldn't but I would laugh my socks off if it all went pear shaped!!

Why shouldn't you ? Assembling a MULTI MILLION pound squad will not suddenly make Evans a great manager ! They might do well, but someone will do better - play offs are a lottery anyway and i'd even go as far as saying if we ever got in there we'd be in with a shout - all on the day etc etc
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Crawley