PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 XI for next season
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: XI for next season  (Read 5278 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: XI for next season
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2017, 01:58:08 PM »

I'd go with taylor over moult's experience....who else is ahead of him??

Taylor has a lot of skill on the ball as demonstrated at Whitchurch, but the other night against Stockport, PP and some of the other players  were certainly getting annoyed at his poor positioning creating openings for the opposition. It's normal that as a young player he's going to have certain things to improve on. The new coaching staff will help him improve on his game, but it's going to take time. I may well be wrong but I just don't see him being picked over Moult, Richman and Sheridan when the season starts. I know that's an unfashionable opinion on here but it's what I think will happen.
Maybe unfashionable but I for one, agree. I'd also like to see room made for the Ex-TNS lad, Jones,

Let's have another look at him (if we can) before committing. We've signed far too many lads over the past couple of years that have initially looked decent.

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2017, 02:10:08 PM »

A bit early to be naming an 11 yet, but based on what I've seen of players;
Thompson, Densmore, Jones, Harrison, Lynch, Sheridan, Taylor, Johnston, Wright, Poole, Hulme
No point putting Hannigan or Miller in teams just yet, as it's been so long since they played.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2017, 02:26:01 PM »

Taylor has a lot of skill on the ball as demonstrated at Whitchurch, but the other night against Stockport, PP and some of the other players  were certainly getting annoyed at his poor positioning creating openings for the opposition. It's normal that as a young player he's going to have certain things to improve on. The new coaching staff will help him improve on his game, but it's going to take time. I may well be wrong but I just don't see him being picked over Moult, Richman and Sheridan when the season starts. I know that's an unfashionable opinion on here but it's what I think will happen.
Maybe unfashionable but I for one, agree. I'd also like to see room made for the Ex-TNS lad, Jones,

Let's have another look at him (if we can) before committing. We've signed far too many lads over the past couple of years that have initially looked decent.

I dont think there's been many signed in the last couple of years that looked decent at any time, never mind initially.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2017, 03:11:55 PM »

I remember everyone getting very excited at bowerman when on trial
Bernard Taylors barmy army

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2017, 03:57:49 PM »

also the likes of Phil Marsh, Andy Pearson, Hobson, Greg Wilkinson...

JTH

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2017, 04:53:30 PM »

Taylor has a lot of skill on the ball as demonstrated at Whitchurch, but the other night against Stockport, PP and some of the other players  were certainly getting annoyed at his poor positioning creating openings for the opposition. It's normal that as a young player he's going to have certain things to improve on. The new coaching staff will help him improve on his game, but it's going to take time. I may well be wrong but I just don't see him being picked over Moult, Richman and Sheridan when the season starts. I know that's an unfashionable opinion on here but it's what I think will happen.

also the likes of Phil Marsh, Andy Pearson, Hobson, Greg Wilkinson...

Nevertheless, we've now got a forward line all of which played in one of last year's National North play off semi finals. I honestly couldn't imagine myself saying that in mid July trudging away from BPA a few weeks ago. Good work to get these players imho.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 04:55:49 PM by JTH »

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2017, 08:36:14 PM »

Please don't include me in that "everyone". Bowerman was one of the worst players I'd seen in an Alty shirt (although this was challenged a bit last season) and was made worse for me after Tolson ignored me handing him James Poole on a plate and pushing Sinnott into signing that clown.

Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 XI for next season