PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done lads
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Well done lads  (Read 7121 times)

bighairedmike

Re: Well done lads
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 08:07:54 PM »

You know i dont reeli like aspinall but to be fair he's tried his best and has played fairly well. He really has put his neck on the line playing at left back and again, fair play to him.

He's not done a lot wrong and has made good tackles and some good passes. I think we should lay off him for a bit till clancy gets his international clearence sorted then we can go back to slating him again. ;)

Alex

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2007, 08:09:39 PM »

was not saying his defensive actions were bad but going forward he just hoofs it.

shouldn't it be little hair mike now  ;)

altyf

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2007, 08:15:15 PM »

Yeh I mean theres not really much point in saying it because EVERYONE knows it, but the only problem is his distribution!!! I mean that cross with the outside of the boot was abismal! But he loves the club and has a difficult job fighting for a place in the team and I think he deserves a place!!! Just maybe work on your passing?  :-X
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 08:29:40 PM by altyf »

seasonticket

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2007, 08:25:23 PM »

I also think the Aspinall bashers should stop it. This guy is a classy RIGHT back or midfield. At left back he is out of position and often has to use his right foot rather than his left which some times leads to problems.  but please don't knock a class player who looks a bit off when being played out of position.
He did not do much wrong today and this was definitley our best performance so far.
Onward and upwards our first three pointer will come and don't forget all the teams that we have lost against are all in the top ten of this league.   

altyf

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2007, 08:31:59 PM »

I also think the Aspinall bashers should stop it. This guy is a classy RIGHT back or midfield. At left back he is out of position and often has to use his right foot rather than his left which some times leads to problems.  but please don't knock a class player who looks a bit off when being played out of position.
He did not do much wrong today and this was definitley our best performance so far.
Onward and upwards our first three pointer will come and don't forget all the teams that we have lost against are all in the top ten of this league.

HEAR HEAR to that...I AGREE!!!

bighairedmike

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2007, 08:40:17 PM »

was not saying his defensive actions were bad but going forward he just hoofs it.

shouldn't it be little hair mike now  ;)

I prefer this.  ;D

Agree he does tend to hoof it. And it aint even controlled hoofing either! I think thats what pisses most people off

altyf

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2007, 08:43:47 PM »

Love the name "nsbhm"

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2007, 08:49:22 PM »

The biggest problem today was the referee what a disgrace.

Nonsense.

The biggest problem today was that we do not possess a forward who can put the ball in the net.

Aldershot's defence was very brittle.....and still the only way that we could score was via a fluke.

Unless we improve our attacking options, relegation is inevitable.
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2007, 09:23:36 PM »

know its easy to criticse people, especially the ref. But this one really sucked. 4 major decisions were bottled, all in the second half. kick out at munroe (beckham sent off in world cup for same thing, so why wasnt the aldershot one off?)

Have to be honest and say that I didn't see this but I would hope (and expect knowing this Ref) that had the Ref seen it he would have taken action.

elbow on Logan, at first i, along with a lot of golf road enders thought it was an oscar winning style dive. but speaking to people who were sat in stand after match, it was a definate elbow, and should have been red card no 2.

Not an Elbow, Logan ran into the player who half turned and caught him in the face with his shoulder - maybe a Yellow but that would, in my view have been very harsh.

Thirdly twice in the 90th min the ref bottled decisions. Firstly a handball on the edge of the area, ref had already given a similar decision before, but didnt then. a couple moments later a blatent penalty decision turned down to the desblief of alty players and saw a yellow for munroe.

For it to be handball, in the opinion on the Referee it has to have been an intentional act, obviously the first one wasn't (in his view) intentional

The second one was blasted at the Aldershot player from virtually no distance and struck him on the hand - obviously not intentional. Can I ask how we would have felt if it had happened at the other end (ball blasted at player from about 5 yards hits hand as can't get it out of the way) and a penalty had been given.

Munroe's Yellow was for dissent

I know I beat on about this but not every Referee is bad and not every dropped point is the fault of the Officials, maybe if we scored more goals than we concede these arguments would be academic

I would have felt really pissed off if it had been given (as it should have been here). The ref had given a similar decision earlier in the game, although at a less advantagous position, same offence later except no penalisation. Unfortunately handball is handball wherever it is committed. We have seen these decisions given before, and yes we did have many chances (for once) that we should have put away.

As for the logan incident, as was going off what i had been told by people in a better position for myself.

Overall a much better position, but we just need to find a way of putting that round thing in the back of the net easier.

altyf

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2007, 09:28:06 PM »

I agree with Cult, we were good enough to win, bar a striker to increase the level of threat with Senior!!!! The ref had an average-decent game in my opinion...as everyone says there were 4 decisions in the last 20 mins that made people come to the conclusion that he was poor, but if you look at it this way it isnt even that bad:
1-hand ball edge of area-it was hand ball and he made a mistake, hes a human!
2-Munroe booked-well apparently it was for descent and I doubt anyone heard what he said so sounds fair to me
3-Elbow-to be honest I really didnt see it, i wasnt watching at the time but sounds like it was a very bad elbow
4-Penalty-looked like a handball to me but it was hit hard at him, and it takes a lot to give a penalty in the last minute of any game when it could influence the result

So overall, I can see he made 2 mistakes, but every ref in every game makes at least 2 mistakes and I cant see that he was particularly bad.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2007, 09:54:36 PM »

I do think that we need to drop this persecution complex about referees.

He didn't cost us the match - some poor finishing did.

We can't control refereeing decisions...but it is within our power to do something about improving our goalscoring ability. 
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

louise1925

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2007, 10:31:26 PM »

Agree that we desperately need a quality finisher to assist Chris Senior. However, let's just clarify one thing. I was stood right in front of the incident in the final minute and it WAS a penalty. I don't know if the ref bottled it, or was unsighted. I would guess it was the latter, but it DID cost us big time.

sotalty

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2007, 01:10:41 AM »

Aspinall is equally poor at right back, he is possibly the worst footballer i have ever seen. Putting him in the starting line up is as good as giving the opposition a head start. I can't believe there are people out there who still rate him (in any position). Surely Rose would be a better temporary option? You only have to look at the root of most opposition chances, they always seem to originate from whichever flank he is supposed to be covering.

Good performance today but if we can't defend, we're gonna struggle. Little and Clancy to come in though, we should be alright.

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2007, 09:06:22 AM »

4-Penalty-looked like a handball to me but it was hit hard at him, and it takes a lot to give a penalty in the last minute of any game when it could influence the result

Im sorry but i think ur trying to make excuses here; the ball is usually hit hard on crosses; any penalty has a great chance of influencing a result in the first or last minute ; in short a stone wall penalty no ifs no buts
Come on you red and white........

altyf

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2007, 11:03:39 AM »

Fair enough it may have been a pen but like I said I could only see that he made 2 mistakes, and well you only have to watch Match of the Day to realise that that is just going to happen...its unfortunate that it wasnt give it, we deserved it and look forward to seeing it on setanta!!! In relation to Azza, I think those words are far too harsh...I can remember many occassions when he came down the flank to help out peyton and logan yesterday and also remember some really good tackles. I still think hes the weak link in the team and hopefully Clancy will sort that out but those words are just a tad over the top me thinks.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done lads