PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done lads
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Well done lads  (Read 7123 times)

oneedham

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Well done lads
« on: September 01, 2007, 05:18:08 PM »

I thought we played really well today. Attacking football was a joy to watch. The lads gave there all, we still need a centre back, can we not get Bandy back. Aspinal is crap, Peyton has been playing well further up the field but I think we need him at left back to tighten our leaking defence up. Logan is quality, so good to see a proper winger playing on the wing insted of a centre mid.Don't really need to say much about Pottsy, again just quality, best passer at the club. He crosses were unbelievable. Senior was a constant threat and there defence could not cope with him. Not really buzzing off Sedgemore, what does he actually do? he is good at free kicks but apart from that doesn't ever touch the ball. I have always said Alty play better attacking, would loveto see Logan, Pottsy and Senior all start a game. Yeah we still lost but I think thats just down to our defence. Munroe and Lane are good enough but not sure about Tinson. That was certainly our best game this season and we were just unlucky, another day we might have got 4 or 5.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Well done lads
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 05:36:04 PM »

Agree with most of that. Thought Munroe and Lane in defence played very well. Aspinal still looks out of place at LB, maybe Clancy will take his place??
Logan impressed a lot, and potts was excellent when he came on, i would like to see Logan AND POTTS start, with lawton (runs a lot but carnt cross like potts) in the middle. Senior impressed up front, but with no little, berkeley and thornley the bench lacked a decent striker.

I know its easy to criticse people, especially the ref. But this one really sucked. 4 major decisions were bottled, all in the second half. kick out at munroe (beckham sent off in world cup for same thing, so why wasnt the aldershot one off?), elbow on Logan, at first i, along with a lot of golf road enders thought it was an oscar winning style dive. but speaking to people who were sat in stand after match, it was a definate elbow, and should have been red card no 2.
Thirdly twice in the 90th min the ref bottled decisions. Firstly a handball on the edge of the area, ref had already given a similar decision before, but didnt then. a couple moments later a blatent penalty decision turned down to the desblief of alty players and saw a yellow for munroe.

Overall a better performance, but there is still room for improvement. A game where we were both lucky and very unlucky. A lot of positives can be taken from the game. 
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 05:49:00 PM by casper »

Jenga

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 05:37:36 PM »

A fair analysis but we do have a new left back in clancy - lets give him a chance once he is registered  ;D

The biggest problem today was the referee what a disgrace.

Do we actually have any good referees in this league because in 2 years of Conference football I think I am yet to see one.

markecky

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 05:45:57 PM »

A lot better, so frustrating thats its not at least a point.

Colin Potts, 4 killer crosses. 

altyf

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 05:49:58 PM »

Thought we were very good today, getting back to our home performances of last season and if e can keep that up then wel hopefully get our first win soon!!! You can tell we were good today because they celebrated so much with that goal and timewasted, they obviously recognised the threat we posed
Positives:
We attacked and looked like a real threat
Logan looked class
Lane, Tinson and Munroe were great!
Senior looked a threat and Potts proved he can do the job!
Lawton looks good inside!
Vocal support was great

Negatives:
Ref was poor and in my opinion could have cost us a point there with that last minute pen appeal
Attendence was poor, hopefully that will improve when we can get some wins under our belt
When we attack we just cant seem to score!
We have two tough games ahead and still cant win...then again every game is tough in this league for a part time outfit!

CB

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 06:27:37 PM »

Echo everyone else's comments. I can't believe we didn't win, let alone even draw. Pottsy was an absolute star when he came on - the best game he's played for years. Perfect cross after perfect cross. Shirley it's time he was given a start? I thought Munro was over-rated but he was magnificent today. Carlos looks class - any word on how bad his injury is? Senior did very well and it was a shame he went off instead of Joe.

On the whole, a very, very good performance.

Oh, and isn't Chalmers a distinctly average player?

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 06:35:19 PM »

know its easy to criticse people, especially the ref. But this one really sucked. 4 major decisions were bottled, all in the second half. kick out at munroe (beckham sent off in world cup for same thing, so why wasnt the aldershot one off?)

Have to be honest and say that I didn't see this but I would hope (and expect knowing this Ref) that had the Ref seen it he would have taken action.

elbow on Logan, at first i, along with a lot of golf road enders thought it was an oscar winning style dive. but speaking to people who were sat in stand after match, it was a definate elbow, and should have been red card no 2.

Not an Elbow, Logan ran into the player who half turned and caught him in the face with his shoulder - maybe a Yellow but that would, in my view have been very harsh.

Thirdly twice in the 90th min the ref bottled decisions. Firstly a handball on the edge of the area, ref had already given a similar decision before, but didnt then. a couple moments later a blatent penalty decision turned down to the desblief of alty players and saw a yellow for munroe.

For it to be handball, in the opinion on the Referee it has to have been an intentional act, obviously the first one wasn't (in his view) intentional

The second one was blasted at the Aldershot player from virtually no distance and struck him on the hand - obviously not intentional. Can I ask how we would have felt if it had happened at the other end (ball blasted at player from about 5 yards hits hand as can't get it out of the way) and a penalty had been given.

Munroe's Yellow was for dissent

I know I beat on about this but not every Referee is bad and not every dropped point is the fault of the Officials, maybe if we scored more goals than we concede these arguments would be academic

altyf

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 06:45:58 PM »

Pottsy was an absolute star when he came on - the best game he's played for years. Perfect cross after perfect cross. Shirley it's time he was given a start?
Pottsy was fantastic today and is an Alty hero in my eyes...because he was part of that magnificent and quite literally unbelievably season in Conf North and then worked on his fitness to impress Graham and let him come back...shows his passion and love for the club! BUT...as much as I hate to say it, he just cant play 90 mins, whilst he may deserve a start he would have to be substituted so in my opinion, its up to the management whether its most effective to start him and then take him off when he gets knackered or to put him on or last 30 mins like today...its only my opinion but I think that its best to do the latter because hes the perfect player you need for this part time team...when we get tired towards the later stages of the match hes just what we need to play glorious balls and create danger from nothing!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 06:48:04 PM by altyf »

Alex

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 07:38:21 PM »

was a much improved performance from the team today i thought there were signs of this n the first half at stafford but today they rele did look good. as for the possitives from today clearly Logan is class and i hope we can hold on to him til the end of the season, secondly senior and joe i liked the look of them playing together and would like to see more of it, (and why was senior taken off again !?!?!?! our biggest threat (no pun intended) up front today and could not understand why he was taken off). and i also beleive he was MOTM (who picks these things anyway?) because appart from when rafffffffffffffo named tinson as the scorer i didn't even notice him playing. so today we saw the goal of the season by tinno and a class debut by logan, the results will hopfully follow.

im off to get a Mohegan  ;D

altyf

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 07:44:52 PM »

Totally disagree about Tinson...thought he was awesome today

bighairedmike

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 07:51:18 PM »

was a much improved performance from the team today i thought there were signs of this n the first half at stafford but today they rele did look good. as for the possitives from today clearly Logan is class and i hope we can hold on to him til the end of the season, secondly senior and joe i liked the look of them playing together and would like to see more of it, (and why was senior taken off again !?!?!?! our biggest threat (no pun intended) up front today and could not understand why he was taken off). and i also beleive he was MOTM (who picks these things anyway?) because appart from when rafffffffffffffo named tinson as the scorer i didn't even notice him playing. so today we saw the goal of the season by tinno and a class debut by logan, the results will hopfully follow.

im off to get a Mohegan  ;D

And a dictionary hopefully.  ;)

I beleieve it is the match spnsors that pick it but i may be wrong.

Alex

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 07:54:53 PM »

i just typed it into google and saw some "native americans" and assumed it was the correct spelling

Totally disagree about Tinson...thought he was awesome today

all i am saying is in my opinion senior was man of the match

alty.fc

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2007, 07:55:57 PM »

know its easy to criticse people, especially the ref. But this one really sucked. 4 major decisions were bottled, all in the second half. kick out at munroe (beckham sent off in world cup for same thing, so why wasnt the aldershot one off?)

Have to be honest and say that I didn't see this but I would hope (and expect knowing this Ref) that had the Ref seen it he would have taken action.

elbow on Logan, at first i, along with a lot of golf road enders thought it was an oscar winning style dive. but speaking to people who were sat in stand after match, it was a definate elbow, and should have been red card no 2.

Not an Elbow, Logan ran into the player who half turned and caught him in the face with his shoulder - maybe a Yellow but that would, in my view have been very harsh.

For it to be handball, in the opinion on the Referee it has to have been an intentional act, obviously the first one wasn't (in his view) intentional

The second one was blasted at the Aldershot player from virtually no distance and struck him on the hand - obviously not intentional. Can I ask how we would have felt if it had happened at the other end (ball blasted at player from about 5 yards hits hand as can't get it out of the way) and a penalty had been given.

Munroe's Yellow was for dissent

I know I beat on about this but not every Referee is bad and not every dropped point is the fault of the Officials, maybe if we scored more goals than we concede these arguments would be academic
Phil i have to say here fair play to you.... normally you would stick up 4 the ref no matter what ... the handball decision (or lack of it ) was an absoloute disgrace he was 5 yards from the man and must have seen the offence i was furious at the end. I also agree with your summing up on we shud have taken our chances... bloody hell phil i agree with u twice i am going for a lie down
Come on you red and white........

RocketDan

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2007, 07:59:39 PM »

Can everyone stop bashing Aspinall, I thought he did alright today, infact the whole of the back four played well together.

Alex

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2007, 08:02:18 PM »

appart from the simple cross into the box for a striker that he put over the golf road (when he had enough time to take a touch and another and another) yeah he did ok
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Well done lads