PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stadium Improvements
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Stadium Improvements  (Read 8686 times)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Stadium Improvements
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2009, 06:58:42 PM »

I was told at the time that the Golf Road roof couldn't be raised due to planning restrictions.

I find that really disappointing because I think the acoustics at the Golf Road End suffer as a result of the low roof. The view isn't the best either, especially when you take into account all the pillars that are in the way.
Come on Alty!

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2009, 07:46:05 PM »

Moss lane may not be the best, however it is pointless in making improvements that will not bring in extra cash. Currently we are channelling all available/ extra monies into the playing squad. Maybe if there were any potential long term sponsors able to do the work for free, (or at a very reduced price) then maybe improvements could be made. For me the best improvements would be:
1. re-modelling the away terrace to have a bar / food kiosk under the stand (oxford style). Guess this would be expensive, but with some clubs bringing a couple hundred in, would be a long term investment.
2. Additional food kiosk for home fans, (even temporary one serving drinks / cold snacks), this has been suggested, but i believe the club would need a serious volunteer to staff it. Perhaps this is something TASC could look at to staff on a rota basis???
3. improving the roof over the popular side (so sultana can put their cameras up there, and we can see again on the full length of side.
4. Creating conference rooms / exec boxes by adding roof over car park along popular side.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2009, 09:22:57 PM »

The bit about enlarging the Golf Rd End is not entirely accurate. If the club wished to enlarge this stand then planning permission would be needed but there is established use of the site and i believe it would be very difficult for Golf Rd  residents to oppose a reasonable extensionto the end which given area constraints would not really be much more then a 1.2-1.5m or so higher than it is now. That would give us a 12-14 step terrace, very similar to Morecambe or AFWC's Tempest End all within the site we have. I'd love a big end......ooerr missus!
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2009, 10:08:23 PM »

The bit about enlarging the Golf Rd End is not entirely accurate. If the club wished to enlarge this stand then planning permission would be needed but there is established use of the site and i believe it would be very difficult for Golf Rd  residents to oppose a reasonable extensionto the end which given area constraints would not really be much more then a 1.2-1.5m or so higher than it is now. That would give us a 12-14 step terrace, very similar to Morecambe or AFWC's Tempest End all within the site we have. I'd love a big end......ooerr missus!

Surely they would be able to say it would cast more of a shadow over their gardens?

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2009, 11:12:01 AM »

Surely they would be able to say it would cast more of a shadow over their gardens?

Didn't Cat Stevens write a song about the Moss Lane shadow?

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

markecky

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2009, 03:15:19 PM »

Didn't Cat Stevens write a song about the Moss Lane shadow?

That was Oasis...
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stadium Improvements