PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stadium Improvements
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Stadium Improvements  (Read 8688 times)

York Alty

Re: Stadium Improvements
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 10:41:15 PM »

The Golf Road needs a bit of TLC but it is important to keep its "soul" and atmosphere.  A bit more of an angle on the terracing may help.

no roof on the away end though...

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 08:51:03 AM »

I would like to see a roof on the away end.. Mainly because it would stop us folk in the popular side being shoved down to the far end of the stand  when it rains and the club feel sorry for the away fans getting wet..   Also it would make the ground look more rounded and complete..  Agree about the need for another snack bar to ease congestion at HT...

Bob

• Regular First Team
  • Glass Half Full
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2009, 09:01:04 AM »

I would like to see a roof on the away end.. Mainly because it would stop us folk in the popular side being shoved down to the far end of the stand  when it rains and the club feel sorry for the away fans getting wet..   Also it would make the ground look more rounded and complete..  Agree about the need for another snack bar to ease congestion at HT...

Something like that is dead money because it would not make the ground any safer, nor would it improve our grading, nor would it generate any extra income.  It would look nice but little else more.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 12:42:18 PM »

Something like that is dead money because it would not make the ground any safer, nor would it improve our grading, nor would it generate any extra income.  It would look nice but little else more.

It could however, encourage a few more away fans to visit in the knowledge that they aren't going to get pissed wet through.

baldrick

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 12:47:38 PM »

It could however, encourage a few more away fans to visit in the knowledge that they aren't going to get pissed wet through.

The expense could not be justified by the possibility of a few more away fans. If it rains they can go in the seats (paying more)

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2009, 08:18:35 PM »

Maybe if we put a roof on the Chequers end we could use it for the home supporters? Or have I just commited the ultimate sin?

I guess it is a waste of cash but opens up the question...

Are we that protective of the Golf Rd end?

To me the Chequers end has as many memories to me as the Golf Rd, it's only in recent years is wasn't a 45 minute home end.
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

York Alty

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2009, 09:01:20 PM »

fair point Rocky.

The Golf Road is our end now though.  Let the away fans get wet.  NO ROOF ON THE CHEQUERS END.

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2009, 09:42:23 PM »

People are after a better angle of view at the Gol Rd end........well that is the Chequers End!
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 10:11:06 AM »

People are after a better angle of view at the Gol Rd end........well that is the Chequers End!

Precisely!

Perhaps the cost-effective solution would be to move the existing roof from the Golf road to the Red Robin Club Chequers end?!  ;D
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2009, 01:10:36 PM »

Whether we like it or not, the roofs on the golf road end and pop side (middle section excepted) are going to need replacing sooner rather than later. They are old and in a fairly tatty state. In an ideal world any replacement of the roofing would also be accompanied by newly laid, steeper terracing, but financially this is currently an impossibility.

However, I would hope that the opportunity to modernise presents itself before we have to start closing sections of the ground due to them being unsafe in years to come.

A more permanent method of segregation to replace those awful fences on the pop side would be nice too.
Come on Alty!

fuertes

« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2009, 01:15:13 PM »

I admit I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff, but don't many clubs get financial assistance from various bodies including their local council when making ground improvements?

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2009, 04:27:36 PM »

don't many clubs get financial assistance from various bodies including their local council when making ground improvements?

As far as Trafford Borough Council is concerned the only club that exists is Manchester United.

It took long enough to get them to put signs up directing people to the ground, so I wouldn't hold your breath for any kind of proactive support.
Come on Alty!

Darren

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2009, 04:32:14 PM »

don't many clubs get financial assistance from various bodies including their local council when making ground improvements?

As far as Trafford Borough Council is concerned the only club that exists is Manchester United.

It took long enough to get them to put signs up directing people to the ground, so I wouldn't hold your breath for any kind of proactive support.

Were the signs not funded by some one else and not the council? We now share some of them with a picture of an ice skate  >:( >:(
@AltyDaz

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2009, 04:38:45 PM »

Wouldn't surprise me if they were funded independently Darren, they are not the least bit interested in doing anything to help our club.

I seem to recall Alan Brotherton had formal meetings with council representsatives s few years back with a view to getting it done but I can't remember how they were eventually funded.

Come on Alty!

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2009, 05:02:59 PM »

The improvements that saw the buliding of the offices/famiy stand and the improvements to the popside were 50% funded by the football trust. The other 50% came from the club and co-incided with getting relegated.

I was told at the time that the Golf Road roof couldn't be raised due to planning restrictions.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stadium Improvements