PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stadium Improvements
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Stadium Improvements  (Read 8693 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Stadium Improvements
« on: May 14, 2009, 07:10:57 PM »

IF we ever come into sufficient money to upgrade moss lane,then we could do a lot worse than have a look at what theyve done with the limited space down the side and behind the goal at fleetwood town. For anyone who has ever visited the other "highbury" it has changed beyond recognition. The terracing behind the goals and down the side is what I'd like to see at the golf road end, and on the pop side one day. There is a gallery of stadium fotos here, lots of sh*ts of the different new terracing, very impressive, hopefully one day with the help of grants we can do something similar! 

http://www.fleetwoodtownfc.com/Gallery/highbury/target65.html

Jenga

Re: Stadium Improvements
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2009, 07:31:38 PM »

I will second that, looks good and with a bigger gradient it allows us short arses to see as well  ;D

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 08:25:46 PM »

Breezeblocktastic.

markecky

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 08:36:12 PM »

I think it horrible and looks like Burton.

Sorry if that make me bad.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 09:24:46 PM »

I think it horrible and looks like Burton.

Sorry if that make me bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zzBq3gKXYE

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 09:53:44 PM »

New development may look sterile and dull but it is what is needed. Ye Olde stadium may have character and don't get me wrong, I love it but if we are to progress we need to move on. Sadly cash these days dictates all, so grounds are minimalist. It would be good but praying somewhat if the funds and grants allowed clubs to build in a bit of individuality. Dorchester isnt bad, and I don't mind Rushden.

Kingstonian built one of those Atcost identikit grounds in the 80's, now AFCW own it but bit by bit as they develop it is becoming more individual.
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

RocketDan

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 10:15:11 PM »

The Red Baron

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 12:23:24 PM »

One of my uni lecturers supports Fleetwood. From what I can gather the Fleet are another of those clubs with a wealthy backer as chairman - except instead of investing purely in the playing staff he has also invested vastly in the clubs infrastructure. It is true, Highbury has changed an awful lot over the past five or six years. Fair play to them.

Regarding us having an end like that, I would be in favour, so long as we painted it red and white like that amber and black end at Cambridge!

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2009, 12:30:11 PM »

Remember going to Fleetwood for a night match in the NPL. Their floodlights were telegraph poles with lights on. How times change.
The club was a bit of doley's paradise (with plenty of them in there).

I seem to remember Tony McLaughlin and Micky Gannon having a bit of a set to which continued after the game - or perhaps I'm getting my visits mixed up. I'm sure someone else was there and will correct me if I'm wrong.

The rumour going around at the time was that Gannon eventually gave McLaughlin a lift home in his car and got a thick ear for his pains after a further exchange of words ... but, like I say, this was only a terrace rumour. I actually liked the pair of them. They were real Alty characters!
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Bangor on Dee Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 07:38:40 PM »

Which non-league club will have a "home" at Salford's new stadium ? FCUM or even the mighty robins, it would certainly expand our fan base !, doubt if the local alty boys will agree !!!  ???

Alex

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 07:56:58 PM »

what new stadium? the company building the stadium went bust....and most of the plans seam to be falling through

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 12:01:40 PM »

and I don't mind Rushden.

I'm afraid I can't agree with you there SW. I've always found it to be devoid of soul and atmosphere with a chilling wind-tunnell effect to add to the overall discomfort. The only thing missing to complete the effect is the stench of urine in the concrete stairwells.....hang on a minute.....

It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

baldrick

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 01:46:19 PM »

I don't suppose anyone will agree with me but i don't think the stadium needs improving.

Saughall Robin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 01:50:25 PM »

I don't suppose anyone will agree with me but i don't think the stadium needs improving.

If you're talking about our stadium, I'd be happy with the TV gantry being moved on the pop side half way and re-opening the snack bar at the corner of the pop side/ golf road to take the pressure/queues of the new one.  ;)
"While we're in the North, we might as well take on the Cheshire League Champions and give them a good hammering" Bill Leivers, 1967 (before Altrincham 7, Cambridge United 1)

Longman

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 05:14:56 PM »

I agree, personally I love the charm and traditionality of Moss Lane, it's a proper football ground, it's has barely changed since I used to go as a kid.

I'd rather see any money we do have spent on the squad.
Pages: [1] 2 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Stadium Improvements