PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 2428 at the game & the end of a great cup run
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: 2428 at the game & the end of a great cup run  (Read 17421 times)

jiminlondon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: 2428 at the game & the end of a great cup run
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2012, 05:11:31 PM »

Good summary from Uncle G.

Yes, I came to pretty much make the same post

Jimmy

« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2012, 05:31:41 PM »

I thought performance at burton was different class to me the home performance was about par which is slightly disappointing for a game that big but I'd say only slightly downbeat

UkrainianPhil

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2012, 06:40:30 PM »

Great night and now I can see why you go on about what it was like at Moss Lane in the 80s when the crowds were impressive.

I thought Alty were unlucky and the only difference between the two sides was that bit of speed of thought with the ball.

A great advert for Altrincham Football Club, well done everyone.

Jimmy

« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2012, 06:41:58 PM »

Great to see you last night phil goodluck

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2012, 08:24:38 PM »

May in apologise to fans and club for my non shouting performance on the terraces last night. As some of you know I had a throat infection, and after a visit to the doctors this morning, have been given a double whammy of Tonsilitis and a throat virus, at the same time.

I did however enjoy myself despite gagging myself due to illness, I would not have missed the match for the world. I agree with what Ecky said, that even though dissapointed, I am still very proud of my team and their performances over the two games, and indeed the rest of the season. The one thing I love about this team was that they did not give up, a fact identified by ESPN during their commentry. We play football the way it should be played and that is my main source of pride. I did also feel that in both games Burton tended to favour the long ball hit rather too much, and I am glad we kept the ball on the ground and passed and moved it about, delight to see even though lack of end product cost us the game.

So Lee, Neil and the guys, carry on with your style of play, use some money to improve the sqaud if need be, I will leave that to your judgement; but belive me you are great to watch and I know what you are aiming for and where you are trying to go.

Sorry I have to miss the game on Saturday due to illness, but thanks to Radio Robins, I will know what is going on.

Thanks to you all and well done.

Steve from Sale

Jimmy

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2012, 09:14:28 PM »

Good post Steve sometimes im told we over play but when I'm watching football at home I prefer to watch teams who pundits sometimes say they overplay so won't knock the team for that what I would say we must improve squad not so much team with cup money if not we won't reach our goal
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 2428 at the game & the end of a great cup run