PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ticket prices
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ticket prices  (Read 17196 times)

Jeff

Re: Ticket prices
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2016, 11:53:03 AM »

Why is there no discount for 16 to 18 year olds?
At this age they are still at school/college and cant afford to go to games.

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 12:16:05 PM »

There is, although I think you have to ask for it. My lad, who is in the 6th Form, got his season ticket last year at the Concession Price (or was it the 12-16 year old price?). Think it was the former but can't quite remember now.

ShropshireAlty

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2016, 12:18:38 PM »

Totally agree. It should be the same age as it's not fair otherwise. We're all supposed to be equal, regardless of sex, race, religion, sexual orientation etc etc.

Why has the age for women concessions not been brought in line with men?
We are supposed to be in the age of equality.

bumble

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2016, 12:22:30 PM »

There is, although I think you have to ask for it. My lad, who is in the 6th Form, got his season ticket last year at the Concession Price (or was it the 12-16 year old price?). Think it was the former but can't quite remember now.

Students above 16 are concessions with a valid student card or NUS.

taxi Phil

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2016, 12:52:48 PM »

Maybe they just haven't yet announced the early payment discounts for old fogeys such as myself. I certainly won't be happy if there isn't one, especially with two less home games.

And unless Nuneaton have revoked their short sighted "no concessions" policy this season, they won't be seeing me down there.

taxi Phil

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2016, 01:00:26 PM »

Just spoken to Karen Rowley. Discounts WILL apply, and the tickets have actually arrived this morning ! Club site to be updated this evening.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2016, 02:35:51 PM »

As does the standing season ticket price.............so in real terms a 9.5% increase because there are two fewer games than last season to watch

Yes but from season 13/14  to 14/15, the increase in 2 games only cost you 1.9% increase, for 2 more games and a move to conference premier and there have been no increases since !

roytonmike

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2016, 02:50:53 PM »

Maybe they just haven't yet announced the early payment discounts for old fogeys such as myself. I certainly won't be happy if there isn't one, especially with two less home games.
And unless Nuneaton have revoked their short sighted "no concessions" policy this season, they won't be seeing me down there.
Good point - their website certainly doesn't mention any concessions other than children for 2015-16.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2016, 03:00:44 PM »

Damned if you do, damned if you don't here to be fair.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2016, 03:17:36 PM »

I wish there was a game soon everyone could moan about, what's next the shade of red used on the shirts?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2016, 04:08:07 PM »

Just wait until we play FCUM. They want to pay a fiver or something to get in. Think our prices are fair and sensible for our level.

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2016, 04:37:10 PM »

As does the standing season ticket price.............so in real terms a 9.5% increase because there are two fewer games than last season to watch

Yes but from season 13/14  to 14/15, the increase in 2 games only cost you 1.9% increase, for 2 more games and a move to conference premier and there have been no increases since !

My post was highlighting a fact - not a complaint

Your post to be fair is pointing out another fact and is a fair point as well
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

beaker141

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2016, 05:01:19 PM »

My post was highlighting a fact - not a complaint

Your post to be fair is pointing out another fact and is a fair point as well

We're all for fair points on here - I left out the like for like from 13/14 to now which is 11% increase over 3 years for the same number of games in same division - seems a bit hefty for 3 years of inflation but I didnt find the history going back earlier than this so its hard to say.

But I think its a fair price, and I think the Chairman quoted only about 25-30% of the club income is from gate receipts.

SW

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2016, 06:14:21 PM »

It was 15p to stand when I first started going.  ;D

Interestingly, using an inflation calculator this equates to £1.96 today. The adult price my dad paid of 40p equates to £5.12. I know wage inflation etc is different, just a comparison.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 06:27:46 PM by SW »
Steak & Kidney pudding, chips, mushy peas and a pint of gravy.

taxi Phil

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2016, 06:50:27 PM »

It was 15p to stand when I first started going.  ;D

Interestingly, using an inflation calculator this equates to £1.96 today. The adult price my dad paid of 40p equates to £5.12. I know wage inflation etc is different, just a comparison.

So a player on £10 a week then would be on £130.67 now. Remember that until Jimmy Hill did his bit, the maximum wage was only £20 a week, so players at our level would only be getting peanuts.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Ticket prices