News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Broxbourne Borough

Author Topic: Broxbourne Borough  (Read 3813 times)

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Broxbourne Borough
« on: January 13, 2017, 09:13:20 AM »

What a great story! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4110520/Broxbourne-s-Alie-Bangura-sets-FA-Youth-Cup-fifth-round-clash-Aston-Villa.html

Apparently their youth team beat their senior team 6-1 in pre-season - and next year they're going to switch the youth team straight into the seniors (well why not?)

The result of togetherness and cohesion formed from many years playing together - something Alty USED to have, until we made the suicidal (and bizarrely, majority fan-backed) clearout in the summer.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Broxbourne Borough
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 10:08:38 AM »

You say it was bizarre but Eden what's transpired the like of Griffin and Crowther clan still f**k off. Of the rest they were either unarsed like Havern or didn't stay like Leather and Rankine. Its not the clearout that was the problem it was the replacements.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 12:21:09 PM »

You say it was bizarre but Eden what's transpired the like of Griffin and Crowther clan still f**k off. Of the rest they were either unarsed like Havern or didn't stay like Leather and Rankine. Its not the clearout that was the problem it was the replacements.

Yes, but in doing so we made our task of finding adequate replacements borderline impossible.

bighairedmike

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 01:49:15 PM »

Yes, but in doing so we made our task of finding adequate replacements borderline impossible.

Nonsense.

taxi Phil

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 02:00:17 PM »

Nonsense.
Why is it nonsense ? 8 months down the line we're no better off.

Mausoleum Alty

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 02:40:44 PM »

Nonsense.
Why is it nonsense ? 8 months down the line we're no better off.

I agree with Mr Moustache. It's total nonsense that clearing the old players out made the task of bringing new ones in virtually impossible. We just didn't have the right man bringing new players in.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 03:27:53 PM »

I would say that if it had been me I'd have made sure I only released when I had a better replacement ready i.e. Not Dawber Garner Lynch Hattersley etc

Alty Bri

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 03:28:08 PM »

Several of the old players did need clearing out - just not quite so many.

Teasierbeaver

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 04:19:00 PM »

Not sure we cleared out the right players to be honest.

It is nonsense though, this league is poor and we signed players who were doing alright two leagues below because they'd play for peanuts and won a fans player of the year award for a club with attendances week in week out of that of a country pub on a monday lunchtime.

Matt Taylor

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 04:46:19 PM »

Rebuilding after relegation is quite normal though surely? For example, Lee Sinnott's first Alty side only contained 5 players who had started Ken McKenna's final game in charge a few months earlier. Incidentally, that is the same number of players from last season’s first 11 who started our game against Gloucester last Saturday…

Neil Young only actually released about 8 players from last season’s squad (after a catastrophic and heartless relegation), and I wouldn't have argued with any of them leaving. A couple more left for economic reasons, or to play at a higher level, but you have to accept that's just what happens when you get relegated. Particularly if you are needlessly relegated with players that should have been capable of staying up.

As said by others above, the problem with Neil Young is that he was a sh*t manager who signed (a lot of) sh*t players. Not who he released.

MarpleAlty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 04:54:31 PM »

The alarm bells should have starting ringing when he said he intended to bring players in and ship them out until he 'landed on a team' - which is essentially what he said. Truly shambolic recruitment policy. Even the Stockport, Halifax forums pre-season were absolutely bewildered at the quality of the players we'd signed - 'I can see them struggling' etc.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Broxbourne Borough