PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Different world..
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Different world..  (Read 9222 times)

whopper

Different world..
« on: November 21, 2012, 10:54:05 AM »

With all this in terms of managers being sacked we must have the lowest turnover in non league football lately.

Im guessing we are the most patient club in our division???

Jenga

Re: Different world..
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 08:59:25 PM »

Patient could also be understood as stupid and too soft.

Hamilton

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 10:49:36 PM »

Patient could also be understood as stupid and too soft.

I remember the days when managers in the top flight were given time to achieve things. The world of football has changed with the amount of money flying around the Premier League and the player power which now undermines too many managers.

Jimmy

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 11:04:20 PM »

It all depends circumstances in this case he was very unlucky to go I'd be bemused how I win the European cup and mark Hughes keeps his job
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:56:54 PM by Jimmy »

fuertes

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 09:23:56 AM »

Nobody is surprised by RDM, surely? Chelsea have always been a horrid football club and now they have a trigger-happy bat sh*t insane owner. It'd have been a miracle if he'd lasted the season.

Appointing Benitez though... :D :D :D

taxi Phil

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 10:07:01 AM »

Nobody is surprised by RDM, surely? Chelsea have always been a horrid football club and now they have a trigger-happy bat sh*t insane owner. It'd have been a miracle if he'd lasted the season.

I can only assume they think he'll be the one manager who can revive Torres.

(S)ALTY

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 10:10:29 AM »

The only thing that could revive Torres is one of these ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPRINGER-MAGRATH-34-SHAFT-COMPLETE-UNIT-ELECTRIC-CATTLE-PROD-SHOCKER-LIVESTOCK-/160852085738?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2573880bea

taxi Phil

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 10:14:44 AM »

The only thing that could revive Torres is one of these ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPRINGER-MAGRATH-34-SHAFT-COMPLETE-UNIT-ELECTRIC-CATTLE-PROD-SHOCKER-LIVESTOCK-/160852085738?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2573880bea

Possibly, have a Goodwin ! But Rafa will give him the TLC he needs, and if he rediscovers his Anfield mojo.....

fuertes

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 11:28:40 AM »

TLC? I'd say one of the reasons Torres' powers have declined so rapidly is that Benitez consistently asked him to play when he was less than 100% fit. And he was forced to do that because he never signed an adequate back-up/alternative.

It takes its toll on the body, does that.

taxi Phil

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 12:33:52 PM »

TLC? I'd say one of the reasons Torres' powers have declined so rapidly is that Benitez consistently asked him to play when he was less than 100% fit. And he was forced to do that because he never signed an adequate back-up/alternative.

It takes its toll on the body, does that.
I must admit that my best mate, who's a Liverpool season ticket holder, did say at the time of his exit that Torres felt he was abused in that respect.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 12:35:26 PM by taxi Phil »

York Alty

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2012, 10:52:47 PM »

It all depends circumstances in this case he was very unlucky to go I'd be bemused how I win the European cup and mark Hughes keeps his job

He didn't after this morning.  This constant recycling of managers is a pathetic spectacle.  It's another reason to ignore the prem - it's bloated and boring. 

Bring me lower league fare every time.  More honesty, more the footy I want to see, standing up, crap tea etc.  You can shove yer prawn sandwiches where the sun don't shine.

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2012, 11:49:35 PM »

He didn't after this morning.  This constant recycling of managers is a pathetic spectacle.  It's another reason to ignore the prem - it's bloated and boring. 

Bring me lower league fare every time.  More honesty, more the footy I want to see, standing up, crap tea etc.  You can shove yer prawn sandwiches where the sun don't shine.
[/b]
That'll be the UK then  :D

Jimmy

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 07:24:05 AM »

Mark Hughes with the money he has spent would've and shouldev been sacked

taxi Phil

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 07:30:58 AM »

Mark Hughes with the money he has spent would've and shouldev been sacked
Great player, crap manager. I don't think he has the "people skills" for the job. There's much more to it than being a decent coach with a cheque book to wave around.

fuertes

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 09:20:49 AM »

Great player, crap manager. I don't think he has the "people skills" for the job. There's much more to it than being a decent coach with a cheque book to wave around.

Sorry to disagree with you again, but I'd hardly say "crap".

He did very well with Wales, converting them from a laughing stock into a good international team capable of beating Italy and very nearly qualifying for a major tournament.

He took Blackburn from relegation strugglers to European qualifiers.

I don't think he's particularly fantastic or anything, but he's proven he can manage football teams well. We have a tendnncy in this country to label managers "sh*t" if they fail anywhere. It's silly, really.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Different world..