https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Proud
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Proud  (Read 8348 times)

Bath Alty

Re: Proud
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2014, 10:12:28 PM »

What a series of playoff matches they were!  Absolutely cracking day, only slight disappointment was Brain wasn't on commentary when that goal went in!  Well done to all concerned.  The future really is bright for Alty on and off teh pitch with an attendance like that, and so many young lads as well.

MoM for me today was Reeves.  He ran everywhere, never gave them a chance to settle or build from the back, he chased everything and won so many throws from their defenders / keeper.  even when that statue of Perry came on Reeves was still running past him to hassle people - absolutely fantastic.

What ever misgivings I might have about Lee Sinnot (his media work is poor to average, his fan engagment is shocking on a match day and I'm often unimpressed with his tactics) his coaching must be pretty damn good.  He's got Reeves working hard and he's made a hell of a player out of the potential that Scott Leather had, Richman also seems to have improved a lot.  well done everyone!

we're going Bristol instead....... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Reading Robin

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2014, 10:29:33 PM »

Great performance today, If pushed I'd single out Clee, Lawrie and Reeves for extra praise too. 

The crowd was really pleasing too, whatever the result I think big games like this are important, as it draws in new people.  For young fans or those new to the area, we couldn't have provided much more drama than that to encourage them to come back again soon. 

!Looking forward to my first ever Macc Town game next season!  Got a text from one of their fans from work, who was supporting Alty because he wants the derbies back. 

Hamilton

« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2014, 11:18:55 PM »

When towards the end of the 2nd half a tweet said (something along the lines of) "Panic station!" I feared the worse. Our best penalty taker off, extra time and pens looming, I feared the worst. Great credit to the character of the team for keeping it together (more that I did!) and seeing it through to the very end.

I have questioned Sinnot's tactics and selections at times, but have to congratulate him and his team for never giving in.

D.A. ALTY

• Regular First Team
  • ALTY F.C TILL I FUKIN DIE
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2014, 01:16:17 AM »

foget what the macc town think of us, we will deal with them next season, congratulations to each snd every person who supports and is involved with ALTRINCHAM FOOTBALL CLUB, fantastic result & well deserved, gutted I couldn't get up from cornwall, but theres always torquay & Bristol. thanx to radio robins for superb commentary all season, come on u SUPER ALTY !!!

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2014, 07:35:31 AM »

Don't understand anyone saying that the tactics were off.  The last three games they have been spot on.  Brave move to remove reeves (I assume for pens)
Bernard Taylors barmy army

Jezza

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2014, 10:12:14 AM »

such an ironic substitution that Lee was clearly waiting for the last minute to bring on Wilkinson for the pens and take off Reevesey and the sub scores the winner with his first and I think only touch to prevent pens!!!

Hamilton

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2014, 11:26:48 AM »

Either that or Lee is a genius!

altyazz

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2014, 11:30:49 AM »

Love it proud of the boys

jhcorbett

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2014, 11:46:45 AM »

such an ironic substitution that Lee was clearly waiting for the last minute to bring on Wilkinson for the pens and take off Reevesey and the sub scores the winner with his first and I think only touch to prevent pens!!!

a double irony is that Greg Wilkinson originally came to Altrincham straight after Danny Boshell went back to Guiseley

Hamilton

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2014, 12:00:44 PM »

a double irony is that Greg Wilkinson originally came to Altrincham straight after Danny Boshell went back to Guiseley

I mentioned that to my colleague Raj at work. As interesting and ironic as it was to me he seemed amazingly underwhelmed!
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Proud