PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon Ashton : match thread
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Curzon Ashton : match thread  (Read 8738 times)

York Alty is back

Re: Curzon Ashton : match thread
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2017, 05:47:39 PM »

Just back from the game.

First up Curzon were not very good, in fact they were poor.  

First half I thought was tough with the wind and the ball bouncing very high.  The ref made a very clear point to the defenders about pushing at the corner so they really cannot complain about what was a fair penalty.  Very pleased not to go in losing cos we fully deserved to be level at half time.

Second half was bitty, I was stood behind the goal and it didn't take long for their keeper to start losing his concentration - he looked ok to me but the mental side of the game was beyond him this afternoon.  He was telling me that CAFC put out their second team, and that we should look forward to the Evo-Stik.  He really let himself down getting involved with a fat lad like me.

The second pen was fair too and the celebration for their equaliser was almost silent.

Pleased with the win, very happy indeed but dear god we didn't have to beat much today.  If anybody thinks that performance is enough to get us up next year - forget it.

Chips were cold too.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 09:48:34 PM by York Alty Knee Faulty »

Hulme Robin

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2017, 06:19:52 PM »

They were poor - we were less poor. A deserved win. But end of the day it's embarrassing that we're heading to the evo stick, whilst that one man and his dog club can look forward to conference north football next year.

AFC56

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2017, 06:28:54 PM »

For me it was one team that played poorly and were mentally on the beach and then another team that is genuinely poor. If they had been remotely motivated then they would have won. They went through us without trying at times. 60 mins to work out that Clayton McDonald is garbage Matt? Id have sent him home after seeing him squeeze into his kit in the changing rooms. It was like he had won a raffle prize of playing in the first team.

GB Alty

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2017, 07:30:41 PM »

Good win and possible job clincher !
If Doughy gets the job the club is finished

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

GB Alty

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2017, 07:49:22 PM »

If no new owner coming in, then give the C**t the job. Continued failure seems to be the only way. And maybe that way the Rowley out group can reunite in time

York Alty is back

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2017, 08:18:17 PM »

If no new owner coming in, then give the C**t the job. Continued failure seems to be the only way. And maybe that way the Rowley out group can reunite in time

A number of Rowley Out chants today.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2017, 08:51:45 PM »

Just back from the game.

First up Curzon were not very good, in fact they were poor.  

First half I thought was tough with the wind and a the ball bouncing very high.  The ref made a very clear point to the defenders about pushing at the corner so they really cannot complain about what was a fair penalty.  Very pleased not to go in losing cos we fully deserved to be level at half time.

Second half was bitty, I was stood behind the goal and it didn't take long for their keeper to start losing his concentration - he looked ok to me but the mental side of the game was beyond him this afternoon.  He was telling me that CAFC put out their second team, and that we should look forward to the Evo-Stik.  He really let himself down getting involved with a fat lad like me.

The second pen was fair too and the celebration for their equaliser was almost silent.

Pleased with the win, very happy indeed but dear god we didn't have to beat much today.  If anybody thinks that performance is enough to get us up next year - forget it.

Chips were cold too.

If that is true that they played their second team, and he's not their regular keeper, then that is another new low we've achieved this season if Curzon are resting players against us!

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2017, 09:03:08 PM »

Very poor game. Taylor was decent, but as to building a team round him, no. Hes  a long from that, and so he should be with his age and experience.

Did we deserve the win? Not for me, a draw would have been about right.

Ive no idea if that was there 2nd string, but they were dreadful.
Full time and proud of it

roytonmike

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2017, 09:15:47 PM »

For the record, according to Curzon website, appearances this season so far by their squad today (max possible 57, most listed by any individual player 47) -
Mason 14, Thornley 4, Guest 40, Hunt 47, Shaw 18, Brown 33, Clark 33, Cummins 46, Warburton 15, Rowney 46, Wright 42
subs  Baillie 35, Burton 36, Ennis 27, Jennings 8, McKenzie 8
Burton is clearly the first choice goalkeeper. Make of the rest what you will.
For what it's worth, eight of that squad were involved at our place in August - Burton, Rowney, Guest, Hunt, Cummins & Ennis played, Mason & Wright were subs.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 09:22:16 PM by roytonmike »

andrewflynn

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2017, 09:22:42 PM »

Very poor game. Taylor was decent, but as to building a team round him, no. Hes  a long from that, and so he should be with his age and experience.

Did we deserve the win? Not for me, a draw would have been about right.

Ive no idea if that was there 2nd string, but they were dreadful.

Admittedly I started my topic in a tongue in cheek manner, but I firmly believe the lad is the future of this club if managed correctly. He plays the game like he's been around the block since the 90s. A real talent. Pair him with two tenacious lads with a bit of bite.

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2017, 07:10:41 AM »

Despite a lot of negative comments in the thread, I felt we played ok yesterday. We won the game, played with a bit of heart after conceding a very dubious equalizer. I agree with the comments about CAFC's lack of noise. It was not until we took the centre kick afterwards that I realised we had actually conceded. I was behind the goals we were kicking at and I remember speaking to the other fan, who had the banter with their keeper, saying oh I didn't realise we had conceded. There was an element of luck in some cases, but I agree Curzon were poor, and there was no atmosphere from their fans. I don't think I heard them chant once. To take a win after conceding like that takes, heart and determination. We have not shown enough of that this season but did yesterday. Sorry but /I think we deserved the win.

By the way, I am sure Matt Warburton played for Unicorn, and also attended Brooklands Primary School, he was in the year below our Chris. I know he was a big scorer in the Brooklands school team; is he the same one? If so, what the hell is he doing at Curzon?

Timperley The Best

• Administrator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2017, 08:37:48 AM »

I believe it's the same Matt Warburton , Curzon are in a better position than Alty at the moment that's possibly why he went back there.
Pages: 1 [2]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Curzon Ashton : match thread