PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 That sounded better
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: That sounded better  (Read 7482 times)

VofD

Re: That sounded better
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2013, 11:17:15 PM »

Brian/Juniors goal was an absolute joy to watch,  He worked his tripe off and showed flashes of the player I thought we'd signed.  Perhaps he is a confidence player, well tonight will have done him the world of good and it was nice to see all the lads congratulating him.

Lee Sinnott vowed to "put a Smikle back on people’s faces"...

** Please direct any credit or vitriol regarding the above to none other than VofD himself.

I'd be proud of that!

Which may not be much of a compliment!

Posters could be made of puns like that!

Go on then Jack. Show us what you are really made of. ;) ;)

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2013, 11:41:45 PM »

Currently off sick with depression at present. I would sincerely like to thank the players for the game yesterday, which I thoroughly enjoyed and helped me forget my current problems. Some great positives to take from last night. I thought the whole team each played an important part last night. I am now unable to go with Alex as he is now a student at Sheffield Hallam and has left home. Chris, my elder son came with me last night and also enjoyed the game.  We went into the bar at half time for a pint, and as we were walking behind the home goal, Brian Smikle scored his goal. That was currently my favourite goal this season. I was directly behind him when he hit is, and I knew as soon as it left his boot it was going in, with devastating accuracy. That was a superb hit/finish. I had been worried about Brian initially, especially after I was so keen siging him but I though he was superb last night. Other players last night who impressed were Scott, Nicky, Shaun and in particular Matt Doughty, he is going from strength to strength. In all truth that was a team contribution, but I did feel that Junior/Brian, was the correct choice because he played last night to his potential. Lets hope Lee capitalises on this now.

Thanks lads and management, enjoyed myself last night and weel done, see you all at Trafford on Saturday.

Steve from Sale

Steve,

As you will gather many of us have been in the same boat which you are currently sailing, myself included, but none of us have been solo sailors

I'll not bore you with platitudinous comments about being here if required as you will know that already (myself and, doubtless many others)

Glad that last night was enjoyable - see you Saturday

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2013, 08:43:11 PM »

Hi all

Thank you so much for your good wishes, they are very much appreciated. I have been put on prescription tablets and have had a breakdown at work where I was treated with great sympathy and understanding, and then sent home. this is what jhappens when you go to work too soon, thinking you can fight it off.

My doctor has been great with me and I am sure I will be back to my normal self before long. I am going to the gym regularly, and also been last night to MUFC V Liverpool.

It's funny but you find so much solace going to football matches, it is a major distraction from your normal self. Presently I cannot get enough and watch avidly on TV and the Alty live games etc;

See you all at the game on Saturday, looking forward to it very much; and thanks Brian/Junior and Simon for the goals, they really lifted my spirits; and to the rest of the lads.

Any chance of a repeat on Saturday??

Steve from Sale
Pages: 1 2 [3]
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 That sounded better