PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Perspective
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Perspective  (Read 5614 times)

RocketDan

Perspective
« on: November 20, 2010, 06:32:19 PM »

I didn't go today so can't comment on the performance, but if we are going to stay up it isn't going to be by picking up points against the likes of Luton or Crawley. Without being negative, I was not expecting anything out of these games.

I thinks todays scoreline is irrelevant, if we are going to stay up we need to beat teams in the bottom half. As such, the loss away at histon is, in my opinion, far more of a body blow that losing 7-0 to one of the top teams.

If we can pick up a point at Cambridge and follow it up with wins against Forest Green, Tamworth and Histon we might be out of the relegation zone at christmas. Lets look forward and prepare for these crucial games, which are far more relevant in terms of deciding our survival.

wayno

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Perspective
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 06:35:48 PM »

I didn't go today so can't comment on the performance, but if we are going to stay up it isn't going to be by picking up points against the likes of Luton or Crawley. Without being negative, I was not expecting anything out of these games.

I thinks todays scoreline is irrelevant, if we are going to stay up we need to beat teams in the bottom half. As such, the loss away at histon is, in my opinion, far more of a body blow that losing 7-0 to one of the top teams.

If we can pick up a point at Cambridge and follow it up with wins against Forest Green, Tamworth and Histon we might be out of the relegation zone at christmas. Lets look forward and prepare for these crucial games, which are far more relevant in terms of deciding our survival.

Have a goodwin sir
ParkINson's red and white army

markecky

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 06:37:57 PM »

Post of the month if not longer.

Paul Cain's Chip Pan

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 06:42:25 PM »

Post of the month if not longer.

Seconded.

Alty til I die!
Come on Alty!

Narcissist

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 06:57:14 PM »

All very true.

The only thing is the blow to the confidence of the players. That is now Kens main job before the next game, to get the 11 players who start the next game to avenge that scoreline, be it with a 4-1 win or a 0-0 draw.

I cant see that the players would have expected to be going home tonight with any points but I think its hard to swallow getting 7 put past you.

Chins up lads, I was there last time we got beat 7-0 away and it wasnt the end of the club that day and it wont be today. Go out and give it 100% at Cambridge and wear the shirt with pride, thats all you can do on any given day and it will be enough more often than not.

Nonleaguer

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 08:58:39 PM »

How come we lose at home to Crawley 1-0 and get hammered 7-0 away? Now that's a comparison that should be questioned.

It's fine keep believing that we will beat the sides lower down the table but at present a gap is now appearing to even  attain the 5th bottom place. Thinking that we can pick off games at will against unfashionable sides is not the best plan. We need to go out instilled with the view that we will win each and every game we play.Otherwise we fall into the losing habit and the task gets harder.

The manager needs to motivate and the players need to play with passion and honesty to ensure that the club stands some sort of chance of avoiding the drop into the abyss which the club is unlikely to return.

All most fans want is to see is that a) the manager has got his tactics and planning right and b) that the players have given 100% whilst wearing the shirt with pride.

markecky

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 09:12:02 PM »

If you'd have been at the fans forum on Weds (I guess you weren't from your comments) you'd know that McKenna he goes into every game believing he can win it.  He sadi the same as you, that the day you don't do that you are in big trouble.

It certainly isn't part of the tactics to lose at the big boys.  However it has to be part of the fans mentality that its going to happen.

You also need to make sure you know what his tactics are before you have a go at them.

He was giving examples of the abuse he got from someone after Gateshead when they said he played one up front, as he explained that Clee and Baynes were tasked with supporting Twiss up front as fast as possible to make a front three.

Today was a freak score with a freak set of circumstances.

Nonleaguer

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 09:27:02 PM »

a) Why do I need to attend a fans forum to comment on Alty results?
It's quite obvious to me from the sidelines that Ken is accommodating players in roles they think they are comfortable in at the detriment of the club's results.

Also as I stated earlier, the home result was far better than today's with broadly the same players available,the difference being the pieces were set upon the chessboard differently.

markecky

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 09:32:27 PM »

Where did I say that?

You said:

Thinking that we can pick off games at will against unfashionable sides is not the best plan. We need to go out instilled with the view that we will win each and every game we play

I said thats what Ken McKenna said at the fans forum.

joe

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 09:33:00 PM »

It's quite obvious to me from the sidelines that Ken is accommodating players in roles they think they are comfortable in at the detriment of the club's results.

Also as I stated earlier, the home result was far better than today's with broadly the same players available,the difference being the pieces were set upon the chessboard differently.

At what point did he say you couldn't comment unless you were at the fans forum? He only pointed out that Ken touched on the subjects in your post at said forum.

andrewflynn

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 09:42:31 PM »

Don't turn this thread into a dispute, the original post was excellent and does put it all into perspective with nothing else left to say. Chins up.

Nonleaguer

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 09:42:57 PM »

Cheers Joe for the comment. Feel free to join the "happy clappers" who toe the management line.

joe

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 09:50:04 PM »

Cheers Joe for the comment. Feel free to join the "happy clappers" who toe the management line.

Did they sing I believe?

markecky

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 09:53:46 PM »

What a sh*t response.  Maybe you should have just admitted you read it wrong.

Uncle Globnasty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 10:04:01 PM »

A goodwin for the opening post. Exactly how I feel, but far more eloquently put than I could have achieved.

Let's not let the thread descend. Like those arseholes, we all have a view.

COME ON ALTY
It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Perspective