News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 STUDENTS

Author Topic: STUDENTS  (Read 4040 times)

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
STUDENTS
« on: June 21, 2010, 09:00:05 AM »

Can any one tell me if the club does student discounts on addmissions to the ground ,as a friend of my sons is a student at trafford college and wanted to know

fuertes

Re: STUDENTS
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 09:28:54 AM »

Yep, same price as OAPs, so £8 to stand...

rick

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 02:16:58 PM »

just a thought, dont no if its already been done but why not put a poster up at south trafford, advertising student offers and the games in general, lots of football fans there, an people at the college might not even no about alty or never even thought of going.

fuertes

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 02:37:26 PM »

just a thought, dont no if its already been done but why not put a poster up at south trafford, advertising student offers and the games in general, lots of football fans there, an people at the college might not even no about alty or never even thought of going.

Great idea.

The club should make more of the student concession price really. There are tens of thousands of new students arriving in Greater Manchester every year - if the club attract 1 in 200 of them that'd stick a decent amount on the attendance. Being on the tramline means it's definitely possible.

Butty

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 06:10:33 PM »

Great idea.

The club should make more of the student concession price really. There are tens of thousands of new students arriving in Greater Manchester every year - if the club attract 1 in 200 of them that'd stick a decent amount on the attendance. Being on the tramline means it's definitely possible.
I beg to differ about the concession price- that is the problem I have at the moment. Many other local clubs don't have a junior end of the concessions, they just let their prices continue to all Under 18s, meaning that the 16-18 age group pay more at Alty but not at other clubs. I know it isn't a lot but I just can't afford a season ticket in one go. As I am currently in education all week, to earn money I have to work at weekends (so I miss the match anyway) or just simply not go

Steve from Sale

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 08:12:58 AM »

I wasnt even aware that students received any discount at Alty.

I paid the full price for Chris when he watched a few games last season, as he is away the rest of the year.

The club should show this around the entrances as some students may not have the budget to go weekly/fortnightly and the discount would help them.

fuertes

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 08:47:59 AM »

I wasnt even aware that students received any discount at Alty.

I paid the full price for Chris when he watched a few games last season, as he is away the rest of the year.

The club should show this around the entrances as some students may not have the budget to go weekly/fortnightly and the discount would help them.

Exactly. Loads of people just don't know. They see £13, think it's too expensive (a view with which I have plenty of sympathy - though that's more a wider point about the price of football in this country), then decide against trying it out.

£8 is more or less what you'd pay to go to the cinema or nip down the pub and watch matches on telly whilst having three beers. £13 is a lot to a student, but I think most would be willing to come to a game for less than a tenner.

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 10:17:29 AM »

If only the genuinely clever and talented went to university it would be ok,but i begudge working 12 hours a day,6 days a week to subsidise the large number of layabouts that simply want to avoid going into the real world for another couple of years after leaving 6th form......

fuertes

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 12:54:54 PM »

If only the genuinely clever and talented went to university it would be ok,but i begudge working 12 hours a day,6 days a week to subsidise the large number of layabouts that simply want to avoid going into the real world for another couple of years after leaving 6th form......

I agree there are some eejits who do precisely that mate. However, whilst I'd like to reduce the number of people going to university, if we're dealing with facts in relation to Alty, I still think we should appeal to this student market.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »

If memory serves I think there was an Alty supporters club at Sheffield Uni - I was too shtoopid to get to Sheffield.

I wonder if we can get a couple of volunteers down to freshers week at the Manchester Unis or maybe an ad in the Rag Mags.

fuertes

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 03:47:41 PM »

If memory serves I think there was an Alty supporters club at Sheffield Uni - I was too shtoopid to get to Sheffield.

I wonder if we can get a couple of volunteers down to freshers week at the Manchester Unis or maybe an ad in the Rag Mags.

That sounds a great idea. Sadly I'm stuck in Scouseland these days, but I'd have been happy to do this. Are there any Alty fans at the Manchester Universities already?

ASMO

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
    • oxfords barbers
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2010, 07:58:35 PM »

Thank's for everyones help , i agree that the club should make it clear to all students , its a great idea to advertise it at local colleges 

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2010, 08:34:41 PM »

If we are talking about students of the 18 year old plus category; resident within the city centre, as opposed to local youths attending FE colleges, then forget it................they would not even consider spending the bus fare up to St Peter's square and the tram fare into Alty, even if you gave them a free ticket.

Unfortunately they are already part of a generation who would rather watch a game on a big screen in many of the local pubs and invest their money in beer - not on a Conference team and public transport to get there. 

Maybe something in the local FE colleges might help, but I wouldn't bank on it either. Sorry to seem so negative, but I have experienced the apathy within Youth football when I have offered to bring the whole team.....with no takers. It's a real sickener that lads would rather watch a televised game
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

bighairedmike

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2010, 08:44:02 PM »

The term "concessions" is aimed at OAP's and Students in most places. And if people are unsure they should just ask, it isnt difficult to say "so does this concession price include students?" I do agree however that a few more posters around palces like South Trafford and places like Alty Grammar, Ambrose, Welly Rd, Green lane etc would not go amiss.
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 STUDENTS