News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Unhappy With Defence

Author Topic: Lee Unhappy With Defence  (Read 2789 times)

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Lee Unhappy With Defence
« on: November 09, 2011, 06:29:53 PM »

The Sale & Altrincham Messenger reports that "Lee Sinnott got tough with his Altrincham players and warned them places were on the line after a defensive horror show sent them crashing out of the Cheshire Senior Cup at Moss Lane on Tuesday night. Dismayed at the way basic errors undermined another enterprising attacking display and cost Alty a 4-3 first round exit at the hands of Stockport County, Sinnott bluntly admitted any repeat would effectively end their promotion hopes.
'I have to be concerned about our defensive play, because we were very generous for their goals', fumed the Alty boss. 'In fact, it was like Christmas at times. I wasn’t pleased with what I saw, and if we defend like that at Worcester on Saturday, we will have a major problem and end up with no points. That is the stark reality. I’m not going to say something is OK when it isn’t, and this was unacceptable. It was like a knife through butter, like the parting of the Red Sea. All those sort of sayings applied.

‘There’s no doubt we could have defended better from the front as well. One thing I noticed about Stockport was that, when we had the ball, they closed down our defenders very fast and in numbers. I expect my team to do the same. We shouldn’t be defending like that, as a team or individually. That is not going to get me promoted out of this league, and there had better be a response on Saturday.

'It is a collective responsibility, but I am concerned about how my defenders are defending. It’s OK having three good games then one stinker but that isn’t going to get us to where we want to be. Consistency is the key. The 11 who start at Worcester had better make sure I don’t get what I’ve been served tonight. That was my final word to them. But who’s to say what the starting line-up will be? There’s an old saying that you’re only as good as your last game. When you think of the last game, that gives me some food for thought'".

IMO as soon as we get a couple of new centre backs the better. Our defence can't deal with attackers with any pace at all.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Lee Unhappy With Defence
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 07:06:30 PM »

Talk about having your cake and eating it. If you want to really win the game don't put out a reserve side that hasn't played that combination and formation before. Putting out the eleven that played against Eastwood might have shown more intent from the manager.

RageAgainstTheFirstTeam

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 07:28:14 PM »

I think he put out a good line up. One which was capable of winning but still giving players who needed it some experience. Don't know why we didn't play Fearon though.
"You have to be something in life, so you might as well just be what you want." Keith Davey at Histon, 2012.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 08:23:29 PM »

I think he put out a good line up. One which was capable of winning but still giving players who needed it some experience. Don't know why we didn't play Fearon though.

He is suspended.

John Crewe

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 10:51:08 PM »

Talk about having your cake and eating it. If you want to really win the game don't put out a reserve side that hasn't played that combination and formation before. Putting out the eleven that played against Eastwood might have shown more intent from the manager.

so you were happy with the defending? The back four have all been regulars in the team

And what new formation?

george

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 11:11:43 PM »

Fearon isn't suspended until from 15 Nov. until 5 Dec.

Hale Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 06:58:43 PM »

so you were happy with the defending? The back four have all been regulars in the team

And what new formation?

Starting with Richman, playing Lawrie centre-forward, playing Lynch midfield (although he did score). Have Brown and Lawton been starting recently? What's that saying about not changing a winning team? Oh yes, it's you don't change a winning team.

bighairedmike

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 02:17:09 AM »

And what new formation?

Starting with Richman, playing Lawrie centre-forward, playing Lynch midfield (although he did score). Have Brown and Lawton been starting recently? What's that saying about not changing a winning team? Oh yes, it's you don't change a winning team.

Where to start with this pile of sh*te?

Richman was always going to be our first choice right winger until he got injured/we got Lawrie on loan. Lynch played a lot in midfield at the beginning of the season, with Lawton playing at rightback until he got injured. And Ryan Brown has obviously hardly played for us this season... Starting 14 out of 15 games and being a used sub in the other league game just sums that up doesnt it.  ::)

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Lee Unhappy With Defence