News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Steve King

Author Topic: Steve King  (Read 3481 times)

matnvfcmad

Steve King
« on: February 21, 2009, 01:11:56 PM »

as your all facinated with vics on here Steve King has resigned ;D

cheeky trucker

Re: Steve King
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 01:18:05 PM »

Not down at the ground helping your mates then ::)   Some supporter you are.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 01:20:56 PM »

Where did you get the news of this from?

If its the case then;
1) He must be fed up with the commute
2) Is one of those not getting paid
3) Has suddenly realised that not paying players does not get the best performance out of them,
4) and that the club is in a mess - maybe not all he was lead to believe
5) and more players (unpaid or not) will leave

Dougals Dad

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 01:23:31 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: King's reign comes to an end
1:24pm Saturday 21st February 2009

Comments (0)   Have your say »

Exclusive By Andrew Simpson »

STEVE King has resigned as manager as Northwich Victoria.

The former Lewes boss quit the troubled Blue Square Premier outfit this morning following a meeting with owner Jim Rushe.

It ends a tough three months at the helm.

“We spoke and Steve felt it was the right moment for him to call it a day,” Rushe told the Guardian.

Butty

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 01:25:29 PM »

And where are you Mr. Trucker??

cheeky trucker

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 01:46:15 PM »

And where are you Mr. Trucker??

Love to be there in all honesty, bit more of a commute for me than it is for Madmat who only lives a few hundred yards from the ground. Thanks for the concern though Butty ;)

cheeky trucker

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 01:53:14 PM »

If its the case then;
3) Has suddenly realised that not paying players does not get the best performance out of them,

1) Yes probably.
2) Do you really think so? From what I heard he was probably first in the queue.
3) Agreed.
4) Doutful, given he'd supposedly kept an eye on them most of the season.
5) Players will leave if they're not paid, though they also probably wouldn't be keen to stay if the manager ignores them.

You missed out number six, he's resigned because he's finally realised that his ego is far bigger than his footballing knowledge or his tactical ability.

Fair play though, he's now finally made one decision I can actually agree with.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 02:10:42 PM »

If its the case then;

1) Yes probably.
2) Do you really think so? From what I heard he was probably first in the queue.
3) Agreed.
4) Doutful, given he'd supposedly kept an eye on them most of the season.
5) Players will leave if they're not paid, though they also probably wouldn't be keen to stay if the manager ignores them.

You missed out number six, he's resigned because he's finally realised that his ego is far bigger than his footballing knowledge or his tactical ability.

Fair play though, he's now finally made one decision I can actually agree with.

No2 was an ironic comment; I agree that he is prob 1st in line and add that he is prob being paid too much for a club the size of the Vics

cheeky trucker

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 02:52:30 PM »

Sorry, that'll probably be my irony bypass then ;D

I'd be fairly certain he didn't miss out financially, unlike some of the players. Hopefully now common sense can begin to  prevail, but I won't hold my breath! ::)

York Alty

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 09:27:30 PM »

another 'oss for the knackers yard.

Dougals Dad

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 11:22:23 PM »

Northwich's ex-manager Steve King has written an extensive piece in the NL Paper. Having joined the Vics as manager in November 2008, "It was only when I was involved week-in, week-out, that I realised how deep rooted the problems were. It has now reached the stage where I found it impossible to work under such circumstances... At the time of writing the players are owed nearly three months' wages... I have had players coming to me in tears, worried they are going to lose the roof over their heads or telling me they cannot come into training because they simply do not have the money to put petrol in their cars...

It came to light that a number of League clubs from whom I planned to borrow players were still owed money from loan deals under the previous regime [to Jim Rushe's], and were unprepared to help us out. It was not just one or two clubs either... the club owed money to a lot of the League clubs in the area, in some cases nearly two years overdue. Even when the money owed to Morecambe was paid to enable me to bring in... Michael Twiss, I found out that a transfer embargo had been placed on the club... I was also in talks with Daryl Clare's representative before... His concerns about the club's financial situation scuppered that option... When you put it together with my time at Lewes, it is perhaps not surprising that I have been approached by a publisher to write a book about the highs and lows of being a non-League manager".

Alty Dave

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 12:09:05 AM »

Worse than I thought. 3 months wages owed! Disgracefull !

How are they operating?

Why would Elam go there? At least we paid him.

Ballers

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 12:15:00 AM »

Am I just totally naive, but would you not try to bring in a couple of Unibond players, who probably aren't up to the required standard, or splash magic money on Michael Twiss and Daryl Clare?

Absolutely ridiculous.

TheCultOfIanTunnacliffe

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2009, 12:19:46 AM »

I presume that Steve King just missed out on signing Kaka during January as well?

No wonder some of them couldn't afford to put petrol in their cars to travel to training when their journey commenced in Sussex.....

"It was just two world class players going for a 50/50 ball."

John King's description of a crunching tackle on Ossie Ardiles in the FA Cup Third Round tie at White Hart Lane: 10th January 1979.

Narcissist

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2009, 04:27:08 PM »

Weymouth are fielding school kids, do vics even have a youth set-up?

Allowing former league teams to stay pro in this league is the worst decision ever made. Teams like vics and weymouth (or their big time owners) try to stay ahead of the game and this is where they end up. Owned by scum who build them up for their own ego and spit them out like sh1t when they realise its the impossible dream.

In France when a team is relegated from the 'football league' (top two leagues) they can stay pro for 2 years and the league will support them if needed. After that they are semi-pro, and become some kind of sporting academy. Players have regular jobs or are footballers full-time with commitments to the club in a bigger capacity (coaching kids) supported by the government.

The answer is simple, when relegated from the league, you have 2 seasons to convert to part-time, with a part-time salary cap, or expulsion from the league.

The BSP is the biggest joke in football. Just the fact that we are now climbing the league on the back of all these teams going to the wall is a joke. Where will it end for alty, a league two nightmare?
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Steve King