PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Breaking news..........................
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Breaking news..........................  (Read 8555 times)

distancetraveller

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Breaking news..........................
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 11:33:21 AM »

Its not the fact that these clubs are in the mire that pleases forumites.  As others have said, its the fact that the league are applying the rules that pleases us and stopping clubs basically cheating there way up the league...

I personally do not like to see any club go under. Having said that I also hate to see clubs cheat there way to survival...

Kiddy will be a lot happier losing 5 points than any monetary punishment which would simply push them into the mire a bit deeper...

The fact that they have a suspended fine hanging over there heads will ensure that everything is in order in the future....

AltyTunnelSteward

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 11:43:20 AM »

Having been on the end of an (entirely unwarranted) points deduction ourselves I think it is highly disingenuous for us to take pleasure in another club suffering a similar fate no matter how warranted it may seem to us as a punishment

Phil. How do you know its unwarranted?

So Ian, you think our 18 point deduction was warranted then?

That's the one I was referring to

York Alty

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 12:04:48 PM »

I wonder why the Histon decision was not anounced at the same time?

this one has more direct impact to Alty so I'm keen to know.

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 12:46:59 PM »

From Histon website. Announcement is expected today

Further to the Conference hearing which took place earlier this afternoon in Birmingham, attended by 3 Club representatives, the outcome is expected to be communicated to the Club within the next 24 hours

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 12:55:48 PM »

lets not start cheer at another club losing points,we are better than that here,while in the long run it might help us,i would rather see us play our way out of trouble.
Harold

Mick

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 01:00:28 PM »

lets not start cheer at another club losing points,we are better than that here,while in the long run it might help us,i would rather see us play our way out of trouble.

I agree and I think we can too.............................although if four clubs were kicked out for 'gaining' an unfair advantage by spending money on players that belongs to either local businesses or to the Treasury, then that is fair game too
Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 01:12:10 PM »

Having been on the end of an (entirely unwarranted) points deduction ourselves I think it is highly disingenuous for us to take pleasure in another club suffering a similar fate no matter how warranted it may seem to us as a punishment

Phil. How do you know its unwarranted?

So Ian, you think our 18 point deduction was warranted then?

That's the one I was referring to

Phil. I was confused by what you wrote, and still am a little. Of course our 18 point deduction was unwarranted as Accrington made the initial error, however, you seem to suggest we shouldnt take pleasure in another club having a WARRANTED penalty as well. As most people have said since, we are all entitled to be pleased that the rules are being correctly applied to clubs that cheat financially, as it appears judging by the ruling that Kiddy have. Lets hope Histon are judged fairly and IF they have broken the rules then so be it.

The bottom line is that MANY clubs in this league are achieving results by paying for players they cant really afford, and we AREN'T so the more that get caught the fairer it is for us. No brainer really :D I'm sure you would agree with the above.

York Alty

Re: MORE Breaking news..........................
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2011, 02:08:37 PM »

At a Conference Hearing held yesterday, Histon FC pleaded guilty to the charge of incorrectly completing the FQR4 (Financial Reporting Return for 2009/10) in April 2010. The principal issue was regarding PAYE & NI amounts owing. This matter has since been addressed and settled in full with HMRC in September 2010.  A secondary concern is a VAT return submitted in 2009 and Histon FC is collaborating with HMRC to clarify the position.

The Conference has issued the following penalty;

·         5 point deduction.

·         £5,000 fine, suspended for two years.

·         Embargo on signing players with immediate effect until the query over VAT is resolved. When this matter is resolved the embargo will be lifted.

taken from their website...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 02:12:45 PM by York Alty »

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2011, 02:20:15 PM »

Sad but predictable. This means that Alty are off the bottom, and I'm not pleased about that am I ;)

York Alty

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2011, 02:22:45 PM »

they have a game in hand though.

It helps us but doesn't change the facts that we need to keep on winning and keep on fighting for clean sheets.

bumble

« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2011, 03:28:49 PM »

At the end or the day, if you make a mistake or break laws you should be punished - I'm not full if joy that it happened to kiddy , but if they deserve it then so be it!

As for histon - if that gives us a boost then (being off the bottom) they I don't care!

Being off the bottom , is very much deserved by our players after the last two games, and for the fans who've stuck by them - we said being off the bottom would be a boost!

Bring on tommorow!

roytonmike

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2011, 03:50:32 PM »

Before anyone gets confused, I imagine the published league tables won't show deductions for Kiddy or Histon until the time allowed for appeals has elapsed. For my own part I'm glad the league is trying to act against clubs which are adjudged to have broken the rules; I just hope they will be consistent in doing so as I'm quite convinced these two aren't the only potentially guilty parties. 

York Alty

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2011, 04:12:17 PM »

As Histon pleaded guilty they can only appeal against the the penalty & not their guilt.  The precedent is set so the chances of a successful appeal to the BSP administrators are thin.

this of course means we are expecting consistency and login...

appeals may well succed!

bumble

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2011, 04:20:01 PM »

Just like to add

If we win our game in hand we will go to 22nd one point behind 21st and two behind safetyu

ArmchairAlty

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2011, 04:47:58 PM »

He he, I see I'm about 3 hours late on noticing this one!

Pages: 1 [2] 3
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Breaking news..........................