News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Goodbye and Good luck to

Author Topic: Goodbye and Good luck to  (Read 2321 times)

Mrs Warbouys

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Goodbye and Good luck to
« on: December 13, 2010, 09:02:18 PM »

Histon, Kidderminster Harriers and Mansfield Town

THE FOLLOWING TWO PRESS STATEMENTS ARE RELEASED TODAY 13TH DECEMBER 2010, FOLLOWING A MEETING OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS IN LONDON, IN RESPECT OF MATTERS CONCERNING THREE PREMIER DIVISION CLUBS.

1. The Board of the Football Conference confirm that both Kidderminster Harriers FC and Histon FC have been charged with misconduct under Rule 18. These charges relate to allegations of submitting misleading financial information.

Each club will within the next two weeks formally appear before an independent commission who will adjudicate on the evidence to be heard.

2. Mansfield Town FC has been instructed by the Board of the Football Conference, that while they are sympathetic to recent events, nevertheless the integrity of the competition must remain paramount in the interest of all member clubs.

As a consequence of information received from the club and its solicitor, the club is required no later than 5pm on Monday 20 December to notify the Conference, of where it will meet the obligation under rule, to fulfil its scheduled Boxing Day home fixture and all home fixtures thereafter.

The rules of the competition are quite clear. If the ground upon which they were admitted to membership is no longer available to stage their home fixtures, then Mansfield Town can only fulfil future fixtures at a ground on which they intend to play such fixtures, which is certified as having an “A” grade qualification. Failure to meet this requirement will not only impinge on issues which relate to competition rules on membership criteria, but other associated matters including, though not limited to, promotion regulations to the Football League.

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: Goodbye and Good luck to
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 09:59:07 PM »

come on, only one more to go, come on ketterings chairman, put the boot in now, you know you want to
Bernard Taylors barmy army

bigcol

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 10:07:41 PM »

If we win the AGM cup this year, can we just be made immune from relegation from now on?  Make life simpler ;)

stubmanred

• First Team Squad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 12:48:07 PM »

I am still astounded by the financial situation some of these teams get themselves into. To be honest I don't care if they go bust, then our chances are improved this year.

Kiddy have asked their fans to help them raise £150K before the end of this month. £100 each from their 1500 (ish) average gate that follow them at home - which obviously includes children and at christmas time too, so the chances of that happening is pretty much NIL! Especially as they'll have to find a further £50K in January....

Histon haven't paid their players, so must be on the verge of administration.

Given that Welling were deducted 5 points and fined £5K (not sure why, when they had no money)earlier in the season, this should happen as a minimum to Histon and Kiddy. Couple this with potential administration, they could both be docked 15 points before the start of the New Year. It makes our game on Sat against Histon even more important...

Also reading on the BBC, that Mansfield can't play at Alfreton because their ground isn't up to the required standard. Not sure what they have to do to get it to standard, but one of the stands has been closed for safety reasons. Alfreton will walk the conference north this year

fuertes

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 01:22:49 PM »

Histon will be muffed before too long. Whether it's relegation, administration, liquidation or whatever, they simply cannot continue.

I'm 50/50 on Kiddy. I think it's a new chairman there isn't it? If they're shown leniency and manage to raise a reasonable amount of funds, I could see them going part-time and just about hanging on. It'll be very tough for them though, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Mansfield have a few options. Many of them would be unpleasant, but I'm certain they'll get something sorted.

bigcol

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 04:02:12 PM »

"Kidderminster director Mark Serrell admits the club could face liquidation but insists it would only be as a last resort." 

One down...

PukkaPieman

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 05:50:45 PM »

Dave Reynolds the new Kiddy chairman (who was there a few years ago) is a really sound guy and very resourceful, knowing him i would be very surprised if he didnt pull a rabbit out of a hat and save them :P
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 Goodbye and Good luck to