News:

PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 London Alty-Eastbourne trains

Author Topic: London Alty-Eastbourne trains  (Read 2909 times)

Sarf London Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« on: August 27, 2008, 05:28:08 PM »

Right.

1 hour 30 from Victoria, direct. There is either.....

Leave Victoria 11:17 arrive Eastbourne 12:44

Or

Leave Victoria 11:47 arrive Eastbourne 1:13

One of them two should do it, what does the jury reckon? A bit of a walk but pubs on the way apparently or you can get a taxi. I have no idea about their ground/the town or distances involved so suggestions from anyone who has would be most welcome.

Leon

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
Re: London Alty-Eastbourne trains
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 10:42:04 PM »

Saturday's meant to be a nice day, so I vote for getting the 11.17 and soaking up some seaside sunshine.

Wilmslow Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 11:17:43 PM »

I'm working nights so I'll be getting the 1247 or 1317 after I've had a kip. Hampden Park looks the closest mainline station. Anyone know if there are taxis there?
Acton_Alty has now moved to Chiswick...Wilmslow!

thegazelle

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 12:48:13 AM »

no stamina yer southern pouffs get a trainnto get you in for opening time dont leave at opening time

RockyRobin

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 08:15:20 PM »

Well I'll be waking up in a hotel in Bedford Saturday morning so I shall try my best for the earlier train. If only to hear the Exetergate story....

Any idea on Fares?
Bought and Brought are two different words with completely different meanings

kevinanderson

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 09:19:49 PM »

There are taxis from Eastbourne Station (and buses but infrequent and a quite long haul round the town).

About half of trains stop at Hampden Park on the way into Eastbourne (the others stop at HP on the way back out - the trains continue to Hastings). HP is a shorter taxi ride across to the ground, and there are taxis on the parade opposite the station - or canny travellers call one from the train 15 minutes ahead - 01323 726 726.  No I don't have shares in them (though I do live round the corner.)

If you stay on the train until Westham, which is the next station after Hampden Park on the way to Hastings, you can actually walk to Priory Lane - it's a brisk but flat 15 minute walk, dead easy - come off the train, walk back across the level crossing and keep going.  You actually see the majestic floodlight pylons rising from the atmospheric marshland as you walk...

Got all that ? 

Happy travelling

Kevin Anderson
(BBC Southern Counties radio)

Toff Apple

• Global Moderator
  • Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 12:24:38 PM »

There are taxis from Eastbourne Station (and buses but infrequent and a quite long haul round the town).

About half of trains stop at Hampden Park on the way into Eastbourne (the others stop at HP on the way back out - the trains continue to Hastings). HP is a shorter taxi ride across to the ground, and there are taxis on the parade opposite the station - or canny travellers call one from the train 15 minutes ahead - 01323 726 726.  No I don't have shares in them (though I do live round the corner.)

If you stay on the train until Westham, which is the next station after Hampden Park on the way to Hastings, you can actually walk to Priory Lane - it's a brisk but flat 15 minute walk, dead easy - come off the train, walk back across the level crossing and keep going.  You actually see the majestic floodlight pylons rising from the atmospheric marshland as you walk...

Got all that ? 

Happy travelling

Kevin Anderson
(BBC Southern Counties radio)

For those who cant make it are southern counties covering the game live on tinterweb?
Bernard Taylors barmy army

kevinanderson

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 10:14:49 PM »

Sorry that we do not have full live coverage from Eastbourne.  In BBC Southern Counties region we have two leagues clubs (Brighton and Aldershot) and four BSPremier (Woking, Crawley, Eastbourne, Lewes) so it's a real squeeze.  We cover all of them as best we can, with generally two games live on radio and one live on the internet, but sorry, it's not Eastbourne's turn this week.  I will be updating regularly into our Sussex show, which you should be able to access by going to our website www.bbc.co.uk/southerncounties and following the "Listen Live" buttons.

KA
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team