PLEASE JOIN THE ALTRINCHAM FC PATRONS SCHEME TODAY
* HELP THE CLUB THROUGH THE COVID-19 SHUTDOWN
* HELP FUND THE CLUB TO BIGGER AND BRIGHTER THINGS
* HELP THE MANAGERS ATTRACT THE PLAYERS THEY NEED TO PUSH THE CLUB FORWARD

https://www.altrinchamfc.com/club/the-patrons-scheme

+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 heathcote rhetoric
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: heathcote rhetoric  (Read 6305 times)

sasha

heathcote rhetoric
« on: September 08, 2007, 07:21:45 PM »

we were extremely unlucky not to win that game today and played well.Heathcotes comments however on GMR are totally unacceptable,critical of some fans for moaning and others for having too much ambition! i think everybody who supports the club only wants to finish 5th bottom,and for a team which has not won for the last sixteen games,the  vast majority are very supportive of the team. He really needs to take a reality check before he criticizes anybody. Whilst not advocating a change of manager,he certainly is not bombproof and if things do not change in the next six games,questions must be asked,as they would in any business.Today was extremely negative,and we showed what we can really do when logan came on.heathcote talks of a 10year plan......i hope it does not entail 4.5.1 at home for much longer,or attendances will continue to fall.

radcliffe alty

Re: heathcote rhetoric
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 07:43:22 PM »

I've paid for my season ticket, so I have every right to moan at the sh*te negativity in each game. I don't expect us to win the league, I don't expect us to be mid table - I think we'll go down. But at least try to f**king win a game at home. Why can GH not see that playing at best average players out of position is going to result in defeat after defeat? Starting games expecting to go a goal down is not the way forward.

That starting 11 was pathetic, how many times do we have to see how much of a change Potts, Senior and Logan can make to the way the whole team plays? Lawton plays middle or not at all. Chris Senior runs his arse off whenever he gets a chance - can we say Joe does the same? Does he f**k, he know's he's starting every week so why bother trying. He doesn't get a touch all game yet doesn't get hauled off. Sedgemore and Whalley cannot play together. More and more people can see this, except the man who counts. Does Dalton get any kind of say?

I'd rather lose every game at least going out to try to win it, especially at home. Having 20 minutes of decent play a game is not good enough, especially when we STILL can't defend simple free headers. For the first time ever I am tempted not to go to the game next week that's how deflated I feel. And many others seem to be voting with their feet and attendances are going to continue to fall unless we can at least expect to have a go at teams FROM THE OFF at home. And if GH is going to play this game of blaming everyone but himself again then we are going to have big problems.

That's better.....

robininstockport

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 08:39:53 PM »

Chris Senior runs his arse off whenever he gets a chance - can we say Joe does the same? Does he f**k, he know's he's starting every week so why bother trying.

Thats exacty what he does every game game he plays!
Full time and proud of it

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 09:22:01 PM »

we were extremely unlucky not to win that game today and played well.Heathcotes comments however on GMR are totally unacceptable,critical of some fans for moaning and others for having too much ambition! i think everybody who supports the club only wants to finish 5th bottom,and for a team which has not won for the last sixteen games,the  vast majority are very supportive of the team. He really needs to take a reality check before he criticizes anybody. Whilst not advocating a change of manager,he certainly is not bombproof and if things do not change in the next six games,questions must be asked,as they would in any business.Today was extremely negative,and we showed what we can really do when logan came on.heathcote talks of a 10year plan......i hope it does not entail 4.5.1 at home for much longer,or attendances will continue to fall.

Unfortunately GH doesnt seem to listen to anyone, or accept that paying fans should have an opinion. By criticsing fans, he alienates them, and less people will bother to turn up. he said the same sort of things after the exeter defeat, to the suprise and disgust of some supporters. He is the manger, and should concentrate on doing his job and prove that he actually has the tactical nouse to win games again. certainly no win in the last 12 league games is a cause for concern.

GH talks about ambition, but after two successive seasons back in the conf, shouldnt we be looking for and expecting more from our manager and players?
The last 3 performances have shown improvement, but we can still play better. certainly playing players out of position and not starting our best players is not the way forward.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 11:11:55 PM by casper »

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 09:54:40 PM »

The most annoying thing about GH's lack of ambition is that he has absolutely nothing to lose!! The Board will never sack him or accept any resignation and I've long accepted that he's here for the next 10 years or so (it's his living so he ain't going anywhere until he gets his pension!!).
All the comments about the negative line up are spot on but one thing I'm surprised about is that no one has commented about the totally unaceptable performance from Colin Little. He should have only made the bench today and I think his lack of effort is making O'Neill look worse. We looked so much better when Senior came on and the reason was that Chris will put the defenders (however big) under pressure whereas Little just stands off. I know Colin has been a top player these last 3 years but at the moment I think he's a luxary we can't afford.

flaggerN

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 10:34:01 PM »

When will people stop moaning about G H. Yes players like Pottsy Logan and Senior can come on and change a game. However they can't do it from the start because they are playing against fresh players. Bringing them on after an hour gives us a chance as prooved today by getting an equaliser and then if chances were taken could have gone on to win. As for playing players out of position Asa had a very good game barring the cock up at the end but i thought he was man of the match. People have a go at Joe but it is only a few games since he was voted player of the season and he doesn't become a bad player overnight. Players who are going through a lean spell know it more than anyone and don't need to be constantly reminded by negative comments.

Cheadle Hulme Alty

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 10:54:10 PM »

How can you say that Potts, Senior and Logan can't do it from the start?!! Senior has far more enery etc than Little but it's ok for him to start against "fresh" players!! Surely it's got to be worth a try, especially at home, and see if we can get a couple of goals ahead rather than throwing the subs on to chase a game. I agree with your man of match and I too thought Asa had a great game.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 11:21:29 PM »

When will people stop moaning about G H. Yes players like Pottsy Logan and Senior can come on and change a game. However they can't do it from the start because they are playing against fresh players. Bringing them on after an hour gives us a chance as prooved today by getting an equaliser and then if chances were taken could have gone on to win. As for playing players out of position Asa had a very good game barring the cock up at the end but i thought he was man of the match. People have a go at Joe but it is only a few games since he was voted player of the season and he doesn't become a bad player overnight. Players who are going through a lean spell know it more than anyone and don't need to be constantly reminded by negative comments.

abosulte utter bollocks. how many frigging times have we brought these players on when weve been chasing the game?? all these if's and but's. surely playing the strongest lineup from the start is the best chance of winning.

"i thought he (asa) was man of the match".  ???
guess you werent at the same match as me then. he played well, but not man of the match. was at fault unfortunately for the last 2 goals, but did make some crucial tackles.

Alex

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 12:30:33 AM »

totally disagree asa did nothing wrong today and had a good game he was not at fault for there third goal, no one was we were pushing high up the pitch attacking a corner and yemi (the cheat) out ran us on a counter attack hardly anyones fault. as for th potts,logan, senior debate here's my view potts looks good to all of us when he's come off the bench this season and we are all looking and goin why isn't he starting? well let's look at it in the second half he is one on one witha defender who is not 100% who is tiered and there for can beat him easier and get a ball in (note i don't doubt pottsy's ability to do this against a fresh defender just that he can do it more effectivly if there tiered) as for logan he has started two games last week and twice went off with cramp due to his lack of match fitness, so u have a choice play him from the start and wait until he cramps up (which can happen any time) or bring him off the bench with less time for it to happen and he can get his fitness. as for senior i have said since stafford that joe and cris offer us more than joe and colin (who for me and this is just my opinion doesn't look the player he was 2 years ago or even last season but i hope it's just a slump) but for now i think senior should start as he at 3ft nuffin  ;) scares the life out of big defenders as he is willing to battle with them and run at them.

samba

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 12:59:31 AM »

After the match on Tuesday I was really looking forward to today, and seen as GH had commented how well we'd played in the last 20 mins at York I figured he'd put out a line up based on that.  How the f*ck he's gone from that to starting with no wingers, Senior on the bench and Asa at left back is physically beyond me.

I'm really glad the fans are starting to get restless.  While I know our clubs position as much as the next fan I really do feel we use the "we're a small club" excuse way too much. I love that we're run properly and that we're not in debt, but we're up in the conference and if we want to stay here we need to start making some massive changes, and start thinking "we're up here, we're going to stay and work towards mid-table".  I'm not saying I expect us to finish mid-table; 5th from bottom will be fantastic, but we need to start thinking as a Conference club, not as a conference north club hitting above our weight.

As was said today by a few in the bar, we have a decent squad now, and it really is quite good; but when you leave your best players out, and play others out of position, it's just stupid and a recipe for disaster.  No offence to Asa, he's played as well as he can in left back and pulled some great performances, but he's not a left back.  I'd say our attacking position (and lack thereof) is more worrying than left back, but why sign a left back only to not play him?

I honestly think at home we have to attack and take the game to the opposition.  We only ever do this when we're down, and it's just too late.  In players like Senior, Logan and Potts we have speed, attack, and players who are innovative and willing to have a go.

I don't expect us to win the league, I don't expect us to be mid table - I think we'll go down. But at least try to f**king win a game at home.
Exactly.  We ALWAYS come out negative.  No wonder attendence is dropping. 

The only reason people get worked up is because we all love this club and want it to do well, and everyone has their own opinion on how that's done.  I'm not a fan of coming on here and ranting, but I have never been as disappointed as when I heard the starting line up today.

That's my Karma f*cked...

hsmith1

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 09:19:17 AM »

I know my father who has watched Alty for 73 years is getting fed up with it.I have said elsewhere what i would like for the next home game 2 wingers +2 up front using a central defender for hieght and strength if need be to either feed Colin or Chris,but GH is the manager and its upto him
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 09:24:41 AM by hsmith1 »
Harold

molly

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 03:49:25 PM »

nobody wants to watch this negative football at home.It just doesnt work anyway as the results have demonstrated.If the manager thinks his tactics are correct , he is very niave.As a season ticket holder i feel very let down with the entertainment value.This team is on paper better than last year,and the wage bill probably reflects this.However,the game plan is horrible,and i dont no why supporters should just accept it continuing.I currently support the current regime,but if they continue to play defensive football at moss lane,i soon wont,and attendances will come under severe pressure.If this is the answer to survival,forget it.

casper

• Regular First Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 09:32:28 PM »

totally disagree asa did nothing wrong today and had a good game he was not at fault for there third goal, no one was we were pushing high up the pitch attacking a corner and yemi (the cheat) out ran us on a counter attack hardly anyones fault.

A defenders job is to defend. Asa was marking the guy. Yemi scored. Asa did play well, my point was he wasnt man of the match. He isnt a left back and all this "he played well, but was out of position" is really annoying. I would play lane and scott ahead of of asa. i would play my uncle on the left ( im sure he would come out of retirement too). We can only give ourselves the best chance of winning by playing the best side. peyton or clancy at LB is a must. But im not GH. so most likely we will have to suffer from playing a RB at LB despite having 2 perfeclty decent Left Backs.

altyf

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 09:54:57 PM »

We could pretend we are a conference club and we can pretend that we should aim for mid table but realistically we are a conference north team and we are in a league too high...that however doesnt mean we should give up and be relegated we should fight and work towards getting stronger and stronger until we can establish ourselves, but for now we have to accept we are higher than the club ought to be, we did unblelievaly well over the last few seasons and we should enjoy our time up here and get behind the lads!!!

samba

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 12:32:31 AM »

We could pretend we are a conference club and we can pretend that we should aim for mid table but realistically we are a conference north team and we are in a league too high...that however doesnt mean we should give up and be relegated we should fight and work towards getting stronger and stronger until we can establish ourselves, but for now we have to accept we are higher than the club ought to be, we did unblelievaly well over the last few seasons and we should enjoy our time up here and get behind the lads!!!
I really don't agree with this!  We're not a conference north team and we use that as an excuse way too often.  Take a look at our league, both on paper and in terms of who we've played so far.  Of the matches i've seen this season so far (shots, york, oxford) not only have we held are own but we've looked good (albeit much better after bringing on our attacking line up in Senior, Potts and Logan).  On paper we're certainly better than a number of teams in this league, particular with our summer signings.  We are not a conference north club, we're a conference club and we need to start thinking like it. 

I just hope when it comes to matchday we can all set our opinions aside and get behind the lads. COME ON ALTY!
Pages: [1] 2
+ www.altyfans.co.uk » General Category » Altrincham FC First Team
 heathcote rhetoric